- Text Size +
Chapter 6

The rest of the plane ride was nice and smooth. They had a long layover due to the weather in Atlanta, and Felicia was very cautious about getting onto the next plane. They landed around 5 pm in Orlando, and AJ was excited that he missed a day of rehearsal.

“Mom, I’m gonna call the guys to let them know were back. Maybe they can come over or something.”

“Okay, we’ll meet you in baggage claim,” Denise said and gave him some change for a payphone. “Don’t get lost.”

“Don’t worry, its not like I’m THAT clueless,” AJ claimed and went off to find a phone.

Felicia yawned. ”Do you think my other boxes arrived yet?”

“I’m not sure. We’ll check on the way home,” Denise said and led Felicia towards baggage claim.

Home, Felicia thought. I missed that.

~*~*~

AJ called Lou first to let him know they were back and everything went well. He got the answering machine, so he just left a message and said he would be in the next day. Next he decided to call Howie. It was taking awhile for him to pick up. Come on, I don’t have an endless supply of quarters. Suddenly Howie picked up.

“Hello?”

“Hey D, it’s AJ.”

“AJ?! Where have you been? Lou said you and your mom had some family stuff to work out. Was something wrong?”

AJ laughed. “Not as far as I know. Sorry for not letting you know earlier. But my mom told me once we got home from rehearsal and we went to Ohio that night.”

“Ohio? What’s in Ohio?”

“You’ll see later. Could you do me a favor? Could you call the other’s to meet me at my house at 7? I would, but I’m almost out of quarters.”

Howie was hesitant. “Sure…but why? What’s going on man?”

“You’ll see with the others! I’ll call you when we get back to the house to make sure everyone can come, okay?”

“Okay, I’m just glad to know everything is alright. We were worried sick!”

“Well, its nice to know I’m loved,” AJ said.

“It’s not that, we just didn’t want to deal with auditions for a new member,” Howie joked.

“Ha ha….not funny,” AJ said, but couldn’t contain his laughter. “See ya later.”

“Bye,“ Howie said and hung up, still wondering what had happened. Maybe he tried to get a head start on getting us in the Rock ‘n Roll Hall of Fame.

~*~*~

AJ ran over to baggage claim and found his mom and Felicia. Is she my sister now? How do I introduce her? he pondered. “Need any help ladies?”

Felicia blushed. “Sort of. I have three things to carry and only two hands.”

He took both of her checked luggage. “Super J to the rescue,” He claimed and tried to lift the bags over his head, failing miserably.

Felicia laughed. “Maybe Super J is the one in need of rescuing.”

AJ shot her a mock glare. “Okay, its pick on AJ WEEK!”

Felicia and Denise laughed. “Come on, let’s head home,” Denise said as they made their way outside.

Felicia was in awe of the palm trees. “They need some of those up north to spruce things up.”

AJ laughed. “When these trees go up there, it will snow down here.”