- Text Size +
"I'm sorry Nick but it's over." She said softly.

Nick was in shock. What was she talking about? They were very much in love how could she say that they were over. He probably was dreaming.

Carefully so she wouldn't see, he pinched his leg. He winced. He was awake. And that meant that his girlfriend was breaking up with him.

"I should be going then." She said when he didn't answer her.

He wanted to scream at her to stay. Wanted to grab onto her and hold her.

What had he done wrong that was making her leave him.

"See you around Nick." She said soflty as she walked out.

His mind was screaming for her but his body was frozen.

Empty spaces fill me up with holes
Distant faces with no place left to go
Without you within me I can’t find no rest
Where I’m going is anybody’s guess

Nick slowly walked down the sidewalk. It had been a month since she had left him and he felt so empty without her by his side. His feet dragged along the sidewalk and he didn't notice people walking by.

The faces of the people he did see were a blur. His feet went on but he had no idea where his body was going all he knew was that he had to get out of the prison called home.

Home was full of memories of his gone love.

I’ve tried to go on like I never knew you
I’m awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I’m going to be is incomplete

Nick sighed as he walked into his house after another one of his pointless dates the guys had tried to set him up on.

Through out the night he fought back the memories of her. The roses that were on the table were the color of her lips. Tears filled his eyes.

His date had looked on in shock and disgust. What kind of man just started to randomly cry.

Nick shut his eyes trying his hardest to pay attention to the person in front of him. He couldn't remember her name.

Silently he pleaded for everything to be ok but he knew that with out her, he would forever be incomplete.

Voices tell me I should carry on
But I am swimming in an ocean all alone
Baby, my baby
It’s written on your face
You still wonder if we made a big mistake

"Come on Nick, buddie, you have to move on. Let her go it's been two months." Brian said soflty to Nick.

Nick didn't bother to answer him. What was the point? He was never going to get over her. She was his life.

He felt as if he was alone in his own world drowning in the emotions that he had been feeling ever since she had left.

It wasn't fair! He thought. I gave her everything!

Suddenly, without warning, Nick picked up a vase that she had gotten for their "home" and threw it as hard as he could against the wall. He felt slightly better watching the broken pieces fall to the floor.

The broken pieces were just like his own heart. Shattered and probably never able to repair.

I’ve tried to go on like I never knew you
I’m awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I’m going to be is incomplete

It was another concert for the band but Nick was moving in autopilot. The words he sang and the moves that he danced were just actions he was going through.

It were as if he was a robic and some strange, cruel thing was controlling him.

He figured that the guys must be getting annoyed that he hadn't snapped out of his funk yet.

"Come on Nick, there are other girls in the world out there." Kevin had said when Nick had cried over a love letter he had found.

It was a letter that she had written for him when they first started dating. When she still loved him.

The fans. Nick thought about the fans. They must be so disapointed in him. He never gave his performances his everything anymore. He just didn't have enough energy.

When it came time for the meet and greets, Nick was the last to join the others and the first to leave.

I don’t mean to drag it on, but I can’t seem to let you go
I don’t wanna make you face this world alone
I wanna let you go (alone)

Nick couldn't believe his eyes. There she was right in front of him. She hadn't seen him yet.

Slowly he made his way over to her.

"Hi." His voice was faint but he knew she heard.

She turned around.

"Hi Nick."

She watched him carefully. His face was so different than she remembered. He looked so sad, so upset.

She had read about his depression over the break up. Read that he had not yet been able to move on.

"Nicky come on, it's been a year. You have to let it go."

"Why?" He asked his voice cracking.

"Nicky, it's over." Her voice was soft but firm.

Nick chocked back a sob. He didn't want to let her go again. He had just found her.

She reached out to wipe a tear.

"I'm sorry Nick, I love you but it just isn't working."

She turned and walked away.

"No!" Nick chocked out grabbing for her.

His fingers closed around air. She had left him again. Nick fell to his knees in the middle of the park and cried. He covered his face with his hands and poured his heart out.

I’ve tried to go on like I never knew you
I’m awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I’m going to be is incomplete