- Text Size +
Rachel slipped the key into the lock and turned it carefully trying not to make too much noise. It was close to one in the morning and she did not want to wake her fiancee Brian.

Ray, as her friends called her, knew that Brian would be upset if he knew just how late she was getting home.

Over the last few days, Brian had been acting very strange. He had never really been the jealous type, but lately, if a guy so much as even glanced at her he flew out in a rage.

She slipped into the hallway and slipped her shoes off listening to the darkness of the house. She remembered when she had walked in a few days before with a deep bruise on her neck.

One look at it had sent Brian over the edge. He began screaming about her cheating on him and getting a hicky from another man.

She had tried as hard as she could to explain that she had hit herself with the car door but he had refused to listen to a word that she had to say.

Ray shook her head focusing on the new task at hand. She had to get upstairs and to bed with out waking him which was going to be pretty hard. She took a deep breath and headed up the stairs as quietly as possible.

She bit her lip and carefully pushed the door open to the bedroom she shared with him. The second the door was open, the light came on nearly blinding her.

"Coming home a little late aren't we?" Brian asked in a cold voice.

"Brian, I'm sorry. I was at the movies with Anita." Ray said about her sister.

"You really expect me to believe that?" He asked with a short laugh.

She nodded unsure.

"Who were you with AJ or Aaron?" He asked crossing his arms.

"Brian! Give me a break I was with my sister!" She protested.

"Stop lying! You are nothing more than a lying bitch!"

"Brian! Please stop!" She begged near tears.

Brian got off the bed and walked towards her.

"I want you out." He said in an unusual calm voice.

"Excuse me?" She asked her voice cracking.

"I want you out!" He said louder this time.

"B but Brian!"

"I am so sick of you and your lying! I know you are cheating on me! I will not put up with my financee cheating on me! I want you gone and out of my life!"

Ray felt the hot tears trickle down her cheeks. Her body was shaking. How could Brian do this to her. She thought that he loved her.

"I can't believe that you don't trust me Brian! For crying out loud we are getting married and you have to trust the person you are getting married to!"

"The wedding is off" Brian said and walked out of the room.

Ray dissolved into heart wrenching sobs. Slowly she got her suit case out and began to pack her stuff.

It was so painful for her to do this but she pushed herself to do it. Brian wanted her out so she had to leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brian sighed as he sat alone in his office. He could faintly pick up the sounds of Ray packing her stuff from the room that had been theirs. He couldn't believe that it was over. He had been so sure that she was the one.

A few years ago he had been with a girl that then too he had thought he was going to marry her. It turned out however that she was cheating on him. He was glad that he hadn't proposed to her before he found out. Breaking up with her had hurt him deeply and now he was going through it again.

Over the last few days Ray had been acting very weird. He saw that it pointed to none other than another person cheating on him.

He walked out and almost ran into her. He stared at her with cold blue eyes.

"Brian, please give me a chance. I swear that I didn't do it."

"I think we would both be better off if we were alone. I don't need you here screwing up my life again. I've been through it once. I won't do it again."

She felt her heart break at his words. How could he think she was like his ex. Slowly she got her bags and walked out walking out of his life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three days later Brian walked through the mall. He was trying to relax and get over his breakup. He took a seat at the food court and looked around.

He sighed seeing all of the happy couples. What was wrong with him that he couldn't be happy?

Suddenly a very familiar figure walked to a table near his. Anita, he realized. Ray's sister.

He wasn't in the mood to have to deal with her. Please just eat and go. He thought silently.

As he thought this, Anita turned looking around and saw him. Her eyes narrowed.

"Oh lookie at what the dog dragged in....trash." Her tone was icy cold.

"Go away Anita, I don't want to deal with you." He said looking at the table.

"I can't believe what you did to my sister you jerk!"

He sighed. Obviously she didn't get the hint.

"It was her fault!"

"It was not! SHE WAS WITH ME THAT NIGHT BECAUSE I GAVE HER A SMALL PARTY WITH A FEW OF OUR FRIENDS BECAUSE WE WERE CELEBRATING THAT SHE IS PREGNANT!"

Brian hadn't really been paying attention until the last part. Then his head snapped up.

"She's what?!"

Anita's eyes widdened as she realized what she had just said.

"Oh, um nothing." She quickly got up grabbing her bags. "See you around!"

"Oh no you don't." Brian said as he grabbed her arm.

"Hey! Let me go!" Anita said trying to wiggle away.

"No. Are you telling me that Ray was not cheating on me? That she really was with you the entire time?"

"Well duh!"

Brian let go of Anita and took off.

Everybody knows that I was such a fool to ever let go of you
And baby I was wrong
And yeah I know I said we'd be better off alone
It was time that we moved on
I know I broke your heart, I didn't mean to break your heart

Brian got into his car and drove over to Rachel's house. His heart was beating faster than the speed of light.

She was pregnant! He could not believe what a huge mistake he had made. Why oh why had he ever thought that Ray would cheat on him.

She was right, she was absolutely nothing like his ex.

"Damnit Brian, You are so stupid!" He cursed himself as he passed a red light.

With in 10 minutes, he had pulled up in front of her house. He stopped the car and sat breathing hard, like he had just sprinted a marathon. His hands were shaking on the steering wheel. He stared at the house with huge frightened eyes.

He closed his eyes trying to calm down and slowly got out of the car. He carefully made his way to the door and knocked.

But baby here I am, banging on your front door
I'm grasping on the floor
My hands and knees are bruised and I'm crawling back to you
I'm begging for a second chance
Are you gonna let me in?
I was running from the truth and now I'm crawling back to you.

Brian knocked again and again desperately but there was no answer. He felt like crying. He realized that no one was home but he couldn't accept it. He fell hard to his kness because he was so tired.

Desperately he kept banging the wooden door. His hands began to bleed but he didn't care. He had to talk to Ray, to apologize and get her to take him back.

"Please let me in Ray. I am so sorry. The thruth was right in front of me." He sobbed.

It was 20 minutes before he finally gave up and fell back exhausted. His knees and hands aching.

I know you aren’t there and you can make me wait, but I'm not gonna wait
It's the that least I could do, just to tell you face to face
I was lying to myself, now I'm dying in this hell
Girl I know you're mad
I can't blame you for being mad

Brian groaned. He had been sitting on the porch for about 10 minutes just crying. He wanted to wait for Ray but was also scared. He decided that he wasn't gonna wait anymore. He slowly got up.

I do owe it to her to say how wrong I was face to face, he said to himself fighting with himself on what to do. He was about to take out his car keys when Ray's car pulled into the drive way. He felt faint.

He watched as she got out of her car. She hadn't noticed him yet. She made the walk up towards the porch, searching her purse for her keys. When she looked up, she noticed him.

Brian's heart sank seeing the cold expression on her face.

"Ray, I know you are mad but we have to talk." He said softly.

"We don't have to anything Brian, we broke up."

"I know and I'm sorry for that! I, I lost it. I miss you baby and I want you back."

"You know what Brian?" That sounds like a personal promblem to me." She brushed past him, unlocked the door, walked in, and shut it in his face.

Brian's shoulders slumped. He turned to walk to his car.

But baby here I am, banging on your front door
I'm grasping on the floor
My hands and knees are bruised and I'm crawling back to you
I'm begging for a second chance
Are you gonna let me in?
I was running from the truth and now I'm crawling back to you

He couldn't continue the walk to his car. He stopped and turned around.

"Ray please let me in to talk!" He yelled as he began to bang on the door again.

There was silence from inside as she ignored him. He felt his body start to shake. He was desperate.

He banged harder and harder, he sprained his wrists hitting so hard but the pain did not stop him from trying to get her to open up for him.

The blood ran down his wrists and arms from the wood.

"Ray let me in! I LOVE YOU AND I'M SORRY! I WAS SO WRONG NOT TO BELIEVE YOU OR LISTEN!"

Inside the house, Ray stood in the living room close to the door. She felt the hot tears fall down her cheeks as she listened to him banging on the door begging her. She wanted to open the door and fall into his arms. To let everything be alright again but she knew she couldn't.

She couldn't just easily forget what Brian had said, he hadn't trusted her. There was no relationship if he couldn't trust her.

Outside Brian was nearly blinded by the tears.

If you could see these tears I’m crying
Touch these hands that can't stop shaking
Hear the heart that’s barely beating, you would see a different man…

His hands were beginning to shake he was so tired. The pain was almost unbearable but he just couldn't give up.

"Ray please baby!" He chocked out. "Please just listen to me. I'll be a different man. A whole new person."

His pounding on the door was getting weaker. His body was loosing the fight to go on.

"Baby I love you. I know you are pregnant." He said barely above a whisper.

A feeble knock....

"I'm on my hands and knees begging you to take me back."

His hand slipped from the door.

"I'm crawling back to you."

He collapsed worn out on the porch and sobbed his heart out.

"He had made the worst mistake in his life."

But baby here I am, banging on your front door
I'm grasping on the floor
My hands and knees are bruised and I'm crawling back to you
I'm begging for a second chance
Are you gonna let me in?
I was running from the truth and now I'm crawling back to you