- Text Size +
I Still

Fourteen year old Nick Carter looked at his girlfriend Contessa Myer.

"Tessa I think it would be best if we broke up. I mean you are moving away." He said.

She sighed sadly. her dads job had been moved so her whole life was being picked up and shoved off.

"I guess its for the best right?" She asked softly.

He looked away and nodded quickly. It was hurting him so bad to break up with her.

"But hey, we can still write and keep in touch right?" He asked.

"Yeah...sure Nick."

Hugging her one last time, he watched her go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*3 Years Later*

Nick sighed as he lay on his bed. It had been three long and horrible years since he and Contessa had broken up.

He wondered how her life was and what she looked like now.

Who are you now
Are you still the same
Or did you change somehow
What do you do
At this very moment when I think of you
And when I'm looking back
How we were young and stupid
Do you remember that

He smiled remembering all of the things that they used to do. He wondered if she still liked to play basketball.

His thoughts took another lead. What was she doing at that very moment? Beating the shorts off some guy playing hoops or was she out shopping?

Shopping, ah those were the days. He remebered one special incident.

**********************************

"Nicky wait for me!" Tessa yelled as she ran to keep up with him.

"Hurry up Tessa!" He yelled over his shoulder.

She grumbled to herself as she ran after him. He was always in a rush never able to wait for her.

Nick got to the music store where a group of guys stood waiting.

"Hey Tommy, Jeremy, Ray." Nick called out waving.

The guys looked up and waved back, then Jeremy frowned.

"What's up with the chick Nick?"

Nick blushed and shuffled his feet. How could he tell the guys that she was his best friend?

"Uh just some dumb kid that likes to follow me around." He said with a shrug.

He winced when he heard her hurt gasp. He turned to face her.

"Tessa..." He pleaded.

"I hate you Nick!"

She turned on her heel and ran. She didn't stop even when she heard him yelling at her begging her to stop. She ran until her lungs were on fire then she sat hard on a bench outside of Borders.

She looked down into her lap trying as hard as she could to keep her tears in control. She didn't look up when a familiar pair of black tennis shoed feet was beside her.

"Tessa I am really really sorry for being a big fat jerk." Nick said softly placing his hand on her shoulder.

She shrugged not looking up.

"Please Tess, I was stupid."

She sniffed and looked up.

"I'll make it up to you, I'll up go into Border with you?" He said with a grimce, he hated any store that held books.

"Really?" Tessa asked softly.

He nodded, stood offering his hand and walked with his head held high into Borders.

No way was he gonna act like a fool again, he was going to show the world his best friend was a girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick sighed with a sad smile. He missed the good old time when they were best friends and finally, a couple. He gazed at a picture of them.

No matter how I fight it
Can't deny it
Just can't let you go

I still need you
I still care about you
Though everything's been said and done
I still feel you
Like I'm right beside you
But still no word from you

Nick bit his lip tearing his eyes away from the picture. If he closed his eyes, he could still imagin her right next to him, lying at his side as they watched a movie.

She used to smell like honey and lavander. On any other girl it would have been disgusting but on her, it was perfect.

His shoulders fell as he snapped out of his daydream. She had not written or called. They had not kept in touch like they had said.

Nick knew that it was his fault she was gone. He should have tried to make a long distance relationship work. Isn't that what love is all about? To work on things together. But Nick hadn't even made the effort and now was suffering in result.

Now look at me
Instead of moving on I refuse to see
That I keep coming back
Yeah I'm stuck in a moment
That wasn't meant to last

I've tried to fight it
Can't deny it
You don't even know

Nick got up deciding to take a walk. He walked out the front door mad at himself for letting another day go by wasted on impossible thoughts of her. He needed to let go.

As if the weather matched his mood, rain began to fall steadily soaking him in moments.

Nick still shuffled on blinking back the cold rain that stung his eyes. He pushed his wet hair out of his eyes and continued down the street.

All of a sudden without warning his feet stopped still. He looked up to see where he was and found himself infront of her old house making him sight once again.

"Come on Nick. Man it's time to let her go!"

He was still blinking hard but it wasn't just the rain that was stinging his eyes. It was hot tears threatening to spill out.

I still need you
I still care about you
Though everything's been said and done
I still feel you
Like I'm right beside you
But still no word from you

I wish I could find you
Just like you found me
Then I would never let you go

"Nick is that you?" A familiar voice broke into his thoughts.

He looked up confused.

"Tessa?" He said staring through the hard rain trying to see the person.

"Hello Nick."

"TESSA!" He ran forward to wrap her in his arms and never let her go.

His heart was beating wildly as he wrapped her in close to him he closed his eyes crying of happiness to get the love of his life back.

"Tessa I love you I'm so sorry!"

Silence.

"Tessa?" Nick opened his eyes to find himself standing on the sidewalk alone in the cold rain.

She wasn't there, he had just imagined it. Wipping his tears he headed back home.

He checked the mail but still, no letter from her. Sighing he walked into his house closing the door but not giving up hope.

He loved her, he couldn't let her go.

Though everything's been said and done
I still feel you (I still feel you)
Like I'm right beside you (like I'm right beside you)
But still no (still no word) from you