- Text Size +
It was the day of the concert and the girls were thrilled. They dressed up and headed out to the venue to be there early. They were on the road by 10am. They brought every single BSB CD they owned and bounced around in the car, high on caffeine, singing to them. They were in the best of moods and nothing could bring them down. They were in the nicest car around which was Kiera's midnight blue 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix that had a sexy sun/moon roof. Angel looked up at the sky through the opened sun roof and noticed that it was a gorgeous day out with not a single cloud in the sky.

"It's amazing out. I'm so fucking excited!" Angel exclaimed, ashing her cigarette outside Kiera's window. Kiera grabbed her pack of Marlboro Lights and took one out. She handed it to Angel indicating for her to light it for her, so she did. Kiera took the cigarette from Angel and took a drag off of it.

Arriving at the venue, the girls put out their 2nd cigarettes of the day and checked to see if they could somehow get in. It was 11:00 and no one was in the venue.

"Locked out. Hmmm...what to do?" Kiera said. They were the only ones there. The girls looked at each other and took their place in the very front of the line. Angel said she would sit while Kiera got their purses, cd player, cigarettes, lighters, and anything else they need. They knew they didn't need to be sitting there, but they also knew that with their luck, once they left and came back, there would be millions of people there. All they really needed was what they had there with them. Kiera laid out the blanket and the girls laid down, knowing they could stare up at the sky and relax. They shut their eyes and talked about how they thought the concert would go.

Silence.

An hour later, Angel woke up, and it was dark out.
"Kiera! Kiera wake up!" Angel exclaimed, shaking her best friend. Kiera woke up and her eyes widened.
"We're going to get fucked by nature if we don't go somewhere," Kiera said, feeling paranoid and scared at the same time.
"What are we going to do? It's already starting to rain!" Angel exclaimed. "An umbrella isn't going to do shit for us right now!"
"I know that! What the fuck are we going to do? Everything is going to get wet!" Kiera exclaimed.
"Okay, take everything electronic to the car and grab the tarp that's in your trunk. I have an idea," Angel said. "Hurry!"

Kiera nodded her head and ran to her car, taking the things that could possibly electrecute them to the car. She grabbed the tarp and ran back to Angel, locking the car and sticking the keys in her pocket. Angel motioned for Kiera to sit beside her and they pulled the tarp over them.

"This is probably the stupidest idea you've ever come up with, Angel," Kiera said.
"Shut up! It will work!" Angel said. Angel draped the tarp over them and they sat on the ends to keep it from flying up. Anything small, they shoved into their purses. Their purses laid on their laps and they were sitting indian style.

There was a rattle of thunder and the girls huddled close together, hugging each other tight, hearing the rain coming closer before it started to patter against the tarp.

For an hour and a half, it was nothing but thunder and lightening surrounding the girls. It was loud and they were both in tears by the time the storm had ended.

"I hate you, Angel. I honestly hate you," Kiera said.
"No, come in the rain with me," Angel said.
"Are you kidding?" Kiera asked.
"No, seriously. Get wet enough that our clothes are soaked. I have a plan," Angel said with a grin.

Angel escaped from the tarp, covering her things with it and ran in the pouring rain, wetting herself. She ran back to the tarp and Kiera did the same, standing in the rain with her hands by her sides, eyes shut, with her face looking up towards the sky. Angel looked at her keeping the tarp covering her.

She's beautiful. I just wish she would realize it, Angel thought to herself.

Kiera ran back to the tarp and dove in, sitting indian style.

"There, are you happy now?" Kiera asked, almost annoyed.
"Yes. What time is it?" Angel asked.
"Noonish or something," Kiera answered.
"Well, people won't start coming until the rain stops, which might not be for a while, so what I want you to do is to run and grab some lunch," Angel said, digging through her purse and pulling out $10.
"Okay, what do you want?" Kiera asked.
"I don't care. Anything. I'm starved," Angel said.
Kiera nodded, took the $10 and ran to the car. Wiping her face, she started her car and drove off in search of a food place.

Half an hour later, Kiera came back. There was a van parked on the side of the building. Shrugging, she parked the car in the same spot and ran back to Angel.

"All I could find was a McDonalds," Kiera said.
"That's fine. Chicken selects?" Angel asked. Kiera nodded and handed Angel her meal. They both dug in, and ate happily.
"You know, this isn't too bad considering now it's just raining," Kiera smiled, taking a bite of her burger.
"I know....And Kier?" Angel said, putting her food down.
"Hm?" Kier replied, her mouth full of fries and a bite of her burger.
"You're a pig," Angel cracked. Kiera widened her eyes, giggling and threw a french fry at her.
"I'm joking! That's not what I wanted to tell you. I just wanted to thank you for taking me, and actually putting up with me," Angel smiled.
Kiera swallowed. "Anytime, hun. I love you and you know that. You're my best friend and you always will be. We're meant to stick together through thick and thin."
"You're right," Angel smiled, shoving a piece of chicken into her mouth.
"Yeah, and you call me a pig," Kiera giggled.
An hour had passed and the girls were finished eating. It sounded like the rain was dying down, so Kiera took the tarp off of them and put it under the car tire to keep it from flying off.
"Kiera, it's still raining," Angel pointed out.
"No shit. I think I caught onto your plan," Kiera grinned.
"Smart one, aren't you?" Angel grinned, handing Kiera her purse. "Put everything in the car."
It was now 2:00 and the rain had completely stopped. The girls grabbed the cd player again and started to listen to their BSB cds again. "Siberia" blasted out from the CD player and the girls sang along.

"How come you don't try and send in a demo to record labels?" Kiera asked.
"Because I'm not good enough," Angel shrugged, singing.

Then My heart did time in Siberia
Was waiting for the lie to come true
'Cause it's all so dark and mysterious
When the one you want doesn't want you, too.


"You're a liar," Kiera said.

Angel shrugged and continued singing.

With music still playing, Kiera was writing in her notebook and Angel was staring off into space. She noticed someone out of the corner of her eye, wearing all black.

"Security is starting to come," Angel said.
"Cool," Kiera replied. She was lost in thought as she doodled in her notebook.

Angel shrugged it off and continued to stare at the sky that was turning blue again. The girls were still soaked, but they didn't care. Everything important was dry.

Another security guard passed by.

Damn security! They ruin everything! Angel thought to herself.

Finally, around 2:30, people started to show up. The girls had been sitting there since 11am and only just then at 2:30 people started to arrive.

“We could have sat in the car, Angel,” Kiera said, annoyed.
“Shut up. With the plan I have, we won’t regret sitting out here,” Angel said with a grin.
“If you say so,” Kiera said, sighing.
“How long have you guys been here?” a fan that was sitting behind them asked.
“Since 11,” Angel replied.
“Wow! You sat here through that storm?” the fan asked.
“Our clothes are wet, aren’t they?” Kiera asked, suddenly feeling like a bitch for snapping at the girl.
“Well…yes,” the fan said.
“Well then there you go,” Kiera said.
“Kiera, be nice,” Angel said.
“Sorry…” she said, looking down. She grabbed her cigarettes, took one out and sparked it and Angel did the same.
“Do you feel better now?” Angel asked. Kiera nodded and took a drag of her cigarette.

A couple of hours later, everyone was there. It as an hour before the doors were going to open and Angel and Kiera were both exhausted and Angel had started chain smoking her cigarettes.

“Angel, stop smoking. You’re going to kill yourself,” Kiera said, taking her pack away from her.
“Sorry,” Angel said. She sighed and turned on the CD player, blasting “Just Want You to Know” and started singing. Soon, everyone else started singing and Kiera smiled at Angel because of what she had done. She was calming everyone’s nerves.

Finally, the security guards came to the line and told everyone that the doors were going to be opening and that everyone needed to form one line and wait patiently until they could get in. There was no pushing, no fighting, no signs, and no cameras allowed unless you were in the front row. Angel and Kiera smiled at each other. Both of the girls had been shivering, but they tried to ignore it. The doors opened and the girls walked inside, showed the ticket vendor their tickets and walked towards the door to their seats. They were smack in the front but towards the right in section 1 in the first row.

The girls put their things down and walked around the venue. It was filling quickly and the girls just could not stop smiling. They had the best seats in the house, at least to them, and they were excited.
Suddenly, they were stopped by a security guard and were told to follow. Angel grinned big and Kiera just looked confused.

“Were you the girls that were sitting outside since 11am?” the security guard asked.
“Yes,” Angel replied.
“What kind of car do you have?” he asked them.
“It’s a 2005 Grand Prix. It’s midnight blue,” Kiera replied.

The security guard smiled. “Well the boys were informed that you were sitting outside that long in the storm and they wanted us to give these to you.”
He handed them 2 Backstage Passes. Angel’s face lit up.
Holy shit! My plan worked! Angel thought to herself.
“Thank you so much,” Kiera smiled. She hugged the security guard and she didn’t even know the guy.
“Don’t thank me. Thank the boys. I was just the messenger,” he said to her. “I’ll take you back to your seats. Put those around your neck or something somehow attached to you closely.”
“Hey! Are these good throughout the entire show?” Angel asked. The security guard nodded with a wink and walked off towards his spot to cover. Kiera and Angel screamed in excitement and jumped up and down. When they realized what they were doing, they stopped and acted as if nothing had happened.

Once everyone was situated, and chanting "BACKSTREET BOYS!" is when it hit Angel and Kiera that they were going to be meeting the boys and that they were in front row. They were jumping up and down, acting like teenyboppers, and singing with the boys. It was 8:00 when they had started.

10:30 came around and the boys were doing their ending song.
"Thanks for coming tonight! California, we love you!" AJ screamed. The guys did their bows and said their goodbyes. Once the lights came back up, the security guard that had handed them the passes stood in front of them and whispered to Angel for them to stay seated until everyone was gone.

"You think no one is supposed to really know about it?" Kiera asked.
"I don't know, but I'm happy so I don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks!" Angel replied with a laugh.

Almost everyone had cleared out and the security guard pushed aside the barrier and led the girls backstage. Angel and Kiera locked hands and walked backstage.

"Where are we going?" Kiera asked Angel.
"Good question," Angel replied.

They just shut up and followed the security guard silently. Their hearts were beating fast and they were trying to stay calm and act as if they didn't really care much. Impossible. They were taken outside and led to a bus.

"Well, there's the answer to your question," Angel smirked. Kiera nudged her as the doors to the bus opened. No one was seen and it was completely silent inside the bus. Angel looked at the security guard and he nodded with a smile, motioning for them to get on. Kiera pushed Angel forward and she stepped onto the bus, looking to her left to see down the inside.

It was nice inside the bus. There was a row of seats along the side and then bunks. Behind the bunks were curtains and it was unknown as to what was behind the curtains. There was a slight sound of music coming from the bus, but it looked as if no one was there.

Angel walked in and sat down on one of the seats and Kiera sat beside her, gripping her hand.
"Relax," Angel whispered to her. Kiera nodded and gripped her hand a little tighter.

Within a few minutes, they heard voices coming towards the bus. Kiera and Angel both felt their hearts begin to race. Angel bit her bottom lip as the first and closest voice to her she heard was AJs. He looked at her, laughing from cracking jokes on Nick, and then froze in his spot. He and she made eye contact before Nick pushed him aside.

"AJ! Move, damnit!" Nick said, shoving him. AJ stumbled to the side and collapsed into a seat. Nick looked at them, smiled, then trotted to the back of the bus to grab a Snickers bar. Howie followed after Nick and greeted them with open arms and kisses on the cheeks. Brian did the same.

As Kevin stepped onto the bus, he was yawning. He caught eyes with Kiera and stood with his mouth still open as if he was yawning.

"Are you catching flies?" Angel snickered.
He snapped back to reality. "What? No. Sorry! Hey girls."

After 15 minutes of AJ staring at Angel, he got up and went to the back of the bus. He met up with Kevin who was fixing something to drink in the little kitchen.

"Dude, I'm in love," AJ said.
"That's what you said when you saw Paula Abdul," Kevin snickered.
"No man! I'm dead serious!" AJ exclaimed. AJ and Kevin peeked their heads from behind the curtain and saw Brian and Howie talking to them while Nick stuffed his face with a King Size Snickers. Kevin and AJ walked back in and AJ sat silently, by himself.

"I just have one question," Kiera said.
"Oh no," Angel said, covering her face.
"What's what?" Kevin said, all ears.
"What the hell is that in Beautiful Woman?" Kiera asked.
"Which part?" Brian asked.
"B is for beautiful as the sunshine..." Angel started singing.
"It's one of those things where you actually have to think about it," Kiera said.
"Kier, no," Angel said, hoping she wouldn't say what she thought Kiera was about to say.
"I swear, Nick came up with it," Kiera snickered.
"Hey!! What are you trying to say?" Nick exclaimed, pouting.
"That you should have let you finish high school because you can't spell beautiful," Kiera snickered. The guys busted out in laughter. Angel closed her mouth, and shut her eyes, holding back laughter.
"That's not right," Nick said, shaking his head. "You're wrong for that."
"It's the truth, Nick," Brian chimed in.
"Shut up!" Nick exclaimed, opening up a bottle of Mountain Dew and gulping some down.
"So AJ...how are you doing? Are you glad you're touring again?" Angel asked, trying to be nonchalant.
"Yeah," he said.

I wonder why he's so unfriendly, Angel asked herself.

Kevin glanced over at AJ and made a face as if to tell him to be nice. Kevin had seen the disappointment in Angel's face. AJ sighed and gave in. He walked over and gave the girls hugs and kisses, making sure to get a sniff of Angel's hair.

God she smells good, he thought to himself, sitting down beside Kevin.

His eyes stayed locked on Angel.

He couldn't help but notice that her eyes drifted towards him as well. She knew she was looking at him and she also knew that he caught her every single time.

"So you girls really sat out in the rain?" Brian asked.
"Yes. It was horrible!" Kiera exclaimed.
"So why didn't you sit in the car?" Nick asked.

Silence.

Shit! I didn't come up with an answer for that! Angel thought to herself.

"I don't know," she finally said.
"She thought we would meet you easier if we did it," Kiera replied. Angel elbowed her.
"Ow! What?! It's true! You just wanted to get closer to AJ!" Kiera exclaimed. Angel elbowed her again.
"And you Kevin, so shut your mouth," Angel grunted.
"Really?" AJ asked almost too excitedly.
Angel smiled at him, blushing. "Yes."
"Cool," AJ smiled. He relaxed.
"So how old are you girls?" Howie asked.
"We're both 23," Kiera replied.

Kevin hid a smile.

"What are you grinning like that for?" Nick asked.
"Shut up, little man," Kevin said, glaring at him. Nick snickered and got up, walking to the back of the bus near the little kitchen area.
"Anyone want something to eat or drink?" he asked.
"Not if you make it," Kiera mumbled jokingly.
"Very funny," Nick said, rolling his eyes. They all laughed.
"I just want some water," Angel said. Kiera asked for the same. Nick grabbed them a bottle of water each and tossed it at them.
"Nice catch," AJ grinned, whispering to Angel. She blushed again with a smile on her face.
"You guys were awesome tonight," Kiera said.
"Thanks. Every night is different, so it's always a new experience," Brian said with a smile.
"Yeah I bet!" Kiera laughed.

They all talked and got to know each other more, laughing and jokingn around and having a good time. The girls said their goodnights and got off the bus. By the time they had left it was almost 1am. Kevin had given Kiera his number and she gave him hers and they promised to keep in touch. AJ flopped down onto the couch after Angel got off the bus.

"Did you get her number?" Kevin asked.
"What? No," AJ said. The bus engine started.
"Dude! Go get it!" Kevin said.
"Oh shit! Wait! Don't go anywhere!" AJ exclaimed, getting up and running off the bus.
"Angel!" he called. She turned around.
"Yea hun?" she asked. Kiera grinned and walked over to her car to leave them in peace.
"Goodnight AJ," she said before climbing into the drivers seat.
"Night," he said.
"What's up sweetie?" Angel asked. He took her hands in his.
"Is it possible that you and I can keep in touch? I mean I feel really stupid asking you this and we just met, but there's something about you that I really like and I think that we could keep in touch and get to know each other and I'm talking too much," AJ said without taking a breath.
Angel let out a slight laugh. "Definitely."
She took out a piece of paper from her purse and put down her number and put a little note and then folded the paper.
"Read it on the bus," she smiled.
"Alright. Thanks!" he smiled. He hugged her one last time, taking in her scent and then pulling back, kissing her on the cheek. She smiled, looked him in the eyes and leaned over to peck his lips.

"Goodnight Alex," she smiled. She turned around and got into the car. AJ was stuck with a shocked look on his face. He smiled and walked to the bus. He had a look of shock and happiness mixed into one on his face.

"What are you looking so goofy about, Grizzly?" Nick asked.
"Nothing," AJ replied, walking back to his bunk where he would sleep. The guys piled off the bus and went to their own buses. AJ crawled into his bunk and just stared up at the empty ceiling. He grabbed his cell phone and dialed Kevin.

"Bro, do we have a couple days off?" AJ asked.
"Yeah, I think we do. Why?" Kevin replied.
"I'm going to try and meet up with Angel," AJ said, speaking quickly.
"Awesome. Dude what happened tonight? You were stuck!" Kevin asked.
"She kissed me," AJ said, feeling his face getting hot.
"She did?! Did you kiss her back?" Kevin asked.
"I don't know..." AJ said, thinking of the kiss again.

--The Girls--

"YOU DID IT ANGEL! YOU KISSED AJ MCLEAN!" Kiera exclaimed.
"I know!!! He kissed me back, too! Oh my God what I would DO to that man!" Angel exclaimed, bouncing around the front seat.
"Kevin asked for my number," Kiera smiled.
"You gave it to him right?" Angel asked.
"Of course!" Kiera giggled. "I thought it was so cute how it happened, too. He was all nervous and shit."
"I know! I saw! I think we are the luckiest people alive right now," Angel said with a smile. "I wonder what they are doing right now."

--The Boys--

AJ hung up his phone and laid back in his bed. He tucked his hands underneath his head and glanced at his cell phone.

Nah. She just left. I'm not going to call her.

He knew he wanted to hear her again. There was something about her that he couldn't put his finger on, but he was in love with her. It almost scared him, too. He had never fallen in love at first sight, so it was new to him.

I will sleep on it. See how I feel in the morning.