- Text Size +
“Nooooooooooooo!!”
“Wendy, wake up, you’re having a bad dream..” Nick said as he was shaking her a bit, trying to wake her up. She had been having nightmares everytime she slept, which meant that she’d had around fifteen or so in these last two days. During the night, she was afraid of having nightmares, so she tried to stay awake, but every once in a while she doze off only to wake up shortly after screaming or crying. During the day she was exhausted caused by the lack of sleep, and again everytime she did get some sleep, it would be for a short amount of time because of yet another nightmare. Leighanne, Brian, Nick and A.J. took shifts with her, so one of them could wake her up when she was having another one and be there for her when she needed someone to hold or talk to. Howie had to be at his new place most of the time, because there were some people to paint it, but he called her at least two times a day.
Seeing her like this, is breaking my heart, Nick thought. She’s exhausted and the nightmares keep coming back. I wish she would take some sort of sedative, just so she could sleep for one night. Wendy had been refusing to take them, because she had seen how addictive those can be. I just wish I could make all of this go away, he thought, as he held her while she cried in his arms, her head against his chest. “Shh.. You’re safe now.”
“I’m so sorry, Nick. I feel like a fool, but it just feels so real everytime I dream about it, like it is happening all over again.”
“No need to be sorry, sunshine. Was it the same dream again?”
Wendy nodded. “The smashing on the stone, the knife, the laughter.”
“Listen, Wendy, I really think you could use some sleep right now. You’re exhausted, and Dr. Greene said he wouldn’t let the transfer happen when you aren’t getting enough sleep. Please, just let them give you something to help you sleep. Please..” Nick said to her with pleading eyes.
“Alright.”
“What?” Nick was surprised she had agreed, this easily.
“Alright, Nick. But on one condition. When I’m asleep, you go home, get some rest, play some videogames or something, or even better, go annoy Brian with your presence.” She faked a smile. I’m just so tired.. and he looks tired too. And besides, I need to talk to someone, but I don’t want anyone to know.
Nick smiled back at her. “Are you sure? I’d rather stay here.”
“You stay, no pill for me,” she replied, knowing that he’d do anything to let her sleep.
“I’ll be right back.” Nick stepped out of the room, happy she was going to finally get some rest.
Fifteen minutes later, she was asleep. She didn’t have the time to make a call, because Nick stayed with her until the moment her eyes had closed and she was sound asleep. He got his jacket and decided to go home for an hour or two. Dr. Lockhart had told him that she would be sleeping for at least four hours, so she should be alright. Nick hadn’t even reached his car yet, when Wendy’s phone started ringing.

~~At Kevin's place~~

No answer. That’s probably for the best. I wonder why she didn’t answer it though. I hope she’s okay. He didn’t want to call anyone to find out earlier, he didn’t feel like talking to anyone at the moment. He wasn’t even sure he wanted to talk to her, but just hearing her voice for a moment would be okay. No, it would NOT be okay. What was I thinking? I can’t. I can’t love anyone right now, it’s wrong. I have to be strong and get rid of these stupid feelings. Ever since her memory returned for the most part, his feelings for her had changed from friendship to romantic love. He hated himself for this. He even thought he hated her for doing this to him, but he knew that she didn’t do anything, she was just being herself. Her beautiful self. And besides, he could never hate her.

“Kevin, you need to stop this nonsense,” he quietly said to himself, feeling another headache coming up. I need to get some sleep. I haven’t slept in, what is it, two days. He walked up to his bedroom and crawled into bed, not even changing his clothes. I hope nothing happened to her. I should try calling her again. No, I should not.
I wish I could stop thinking about her. Her pretty smile, her eyes in which I almost drowned a couple of times. Kevin, stop it. I wonder if she’s mad at me, for running out on her like that, not coming over or calling her. I could not bear it if she was. I just can’t face her, because of what I did, and because I don’t want to love her even more than I already do now. I don’t want to love her at all. It just felt so good when she was next to me, her head resting on my chest and holding me. I felt whole again. But I just can’t, I have to protect her. I can’t let anything bad happen to her. I don’t want to end up being the one hurting her.

~~At A.J.'s place~~

“Have you heard from Kev, Rok? The rest of us haven’t, I checked with the others. ” A.J. asked his friend while he was playing peek-a-boo with Baylee, who was sitting on his lap, giggling everytime uncle Alex uncovered his face. Brian shook his head. “He doesn’t answer his phone, he wasn’t home when I stopped by earlier this morning and he hasn’t been visiting or calling Wendy either.”
“That’s strange, just not like good old Kev.”
“I think he just needs some time for himself. He has spent a whole lot of time in the hospital in the last couple of weeks. I think he was even there more than I was, and besides, he was there when she first remembered anything about the night of the attack. Seeing her hurt and hearing her talk about it must have been awful, judging by the look on his face when he ran out the morning after.”
“I guess so.. Peek-a-boo!!” Baylee giggled again, his face filled with joy and clapping his little hands.
“It’s awful to see her like this. She..” He was interrupted by his cell. “Hey Frack, what’s up? Owh, alright, that’s great. I’ll tell A.J., I’m over at his place. No, Kevin isn’t answering his phone. Did you tell everyone else already? Allrighty then. Bye, Nick!”
“What was that all about?”
“Wendy finally agreed to taking a sleeping pill, so she is sound asleep right now as we speak. Nick called to warn us not to call her, it might wake her up.”
“It’s good to know that she can finally get some rest. But what about Kev, shouldn’t we do something?”
“I’ll stop by his place again tomorrow to find out if something’s wrong. And now hand me my son, otherwise he’ll have trouble sleeping tonight because of your freaky face.” Brian chuckled.
“There’s nothing five minutes of your boring storytelling can’t fix.” A.J. replied with a smirk on his face.

~~At the hospital~~

Kevin hasn’t been around these last few days. I wonder why that is, maybe he’s finally planning on asking me out and he has to make a lot of arrangements. Or he’s planning a surprise for that bitch in room 358. Owh yes, she saw them together, all cosy in that tiny hospital bed. She walked in that night, just to ‘check’ on her, but when she saw them together, she turned around immediately. That bitch is ruining my life. She’s crazy if she thinks she can steal him away from me. Kevin and I are supposed to be together, and that is the way it will be. If he hasn’t been around here on Thursday, I have to do something, otherwise she will be transfered to “Hope” on Monday, and then I will not be able to see him this easily, which means that it will take destiny longer to fullfill itself. He’ll be back, and when he realizes that I am the only one for him..
Then it’s time to finally get rid of her, for good..