- Text Size +
Howie parked A.J.’s car, and let out a deep sigh. He knew this had to be done, but he hated to be the one to do it. Nick didn’t know they had discussed the matter, and Brian, well, that was obvious. A.J. had yelled at him before, so chances were Kevin wasn’t even going to open the door for him, so that left only Howie to complete this task. Howie flipped his cell open and dialed the number of the guy inside of the huge house in front of him.

Kevin opened one eye as he heard his cell ring to find it’s location, even though he knew it would be on the bedstand where the alarm clock had once stood as well. But last night, he got so frustrated with it, that he threw it against the wall, leaving a little dent. There were pieces of the broken machine scattered around his bedroom, but he didn’t feel the need to clean up. Hell, he could hardly get up anyways. He reached out for his cell, grabbed it and looked at the display. When he saw it was Howie who was calling, he almost threw his cell against the wall too, but in time realised that if he did that, he could never again listen to the messages she had left him on his voicemail, something he still did everyday. So instead of throwing it, he gently placed it on the pillow next to his. He didn’t want to talk to anyone. He felt like he could finally go to sleep now, and that was what he intended to do, get some rest.
A.J. had been right about this. He didn’t answer his phone. Howie knew what he had to try next, so he got out of the car, walked up to Kevin’s front door and started banging on it. He could only pray this would work, because he didn’t want to just yell out in public what had happened to Wendy.
“KEVIN!! I know you’re home! Open up!”

Kevin again opened one eye, realizing he wasn’t dreaming just yet. When he recognized the voice of the friend who had also just tried to call him, he closed his eyes again and tried to ignore the way Howie was almost breaking the door down with his fists. He hoped he would eventually think he wasn’t at home, but it looked like Howie wasn’t planning on giving up that easily. What could he possibly want? He didn’t want anyone to yell at anyone again, nor did he want to act like he didn’t care. Kevin sighed and rubbed his temples for the eleventh time that afternoon. The lack of sleep was giving him extremely bad headaches, he was feeling dizzy most of the time and he had lost a lot of weight. Even if he was able to open the door, he wasn’t in any state to argue or act cold and careless.

Howie gave up the banging and prepared himself to raise his voice. He always hated to yell out loud when off stage, especially when it was about something as serious as this. But he knew his friend wasn’t going to open the door if he kept calling him without saying why he was out there. He took a deep breath and then yelled.
“Kevin!! We need to talk. Wendy’s in a coma.”

Kevin instantly got on his feet, the dizziness caused him to fall forward, but he was able to grab onto a chair, preventing him from falling on the floor. He stood there for a moment, waiting for the room to stop spinning. He knew he had to be more careful, otherwise he’d probably pass out. He slowly shuffled his way downstairs, unlocked the door and opened it.

Howie looked at his friend and was shocked at what he saw. “Jesus Kev..” He couldn’t believe his eyes. Kevin didn’t look like the strong man he used to be. He had lost at least twenty-five pounds since the last time he had seen him, Howie could actually count his ribs, because in the commotion Kevin didn’t put on a shirt. A.J. was right, he looked like he hadn’t slept in days, there were blue bags under his eyes, and there wasn’t a sparke in the eyes so many fans fell for. They were just dull, as if he had nothing left to live for. He hadn’t shaved in days, and by the looks of it, he hadn’t had a shower in a few days, his hear was so greasy. The guy Howie was looking at, looked ten years older then he really was, and so depressed it scared him.
Kevin stepped aside, so Howie could pass him by and walk in. Kevin slowly walked over to the couch and sat down. Howie followed in shock and sat down next to him. “What’s wrong, Kev?” he asked with worry in his voice. Kevin didn’t want to reply to this question, he just wanted to know what happened to Wendy, why she was in a coma, again. “What happened?” he softly asked, not having the strength to act anymore.
“They don’t know yet.. Brian found her unconsciousness this morning, they did all sorts of tests, but they couldn’t find anything wrong with her..”
“How is that possible?” Kevin could only think of her beautiful smile, feeling how his heart was breaking for the woman he had never even told about his feelings for her. He had hurt her feelings, instead of maybe warming her body through another night, soothing her whenever something was wrong, whenever another nightmare would wake her from her sleep. And now, he might never have the chance to do so again. He could feel his insides wrench, and he would’ve thrown up if there had been any food in his stomach. Since there wasn’t, he could only feel the pain as he gasped for air.

“Kev, what’s wrong?”
As Kevin took a deep breath which made the pain more easy to handle, he replied. “Now what will they do?”
“They’ll keep her on the ICU again, and try to get as much medical information and expertise as possible.”
Kevin nodded, feeling that it wouldn’t be long before he would break down, so he knew he had to make sure Howie would leave pretty soon. “Please go, D.”
“Not until you tell me what is wrong, Kev. You look so..so fragile.”
“Please D., don’t argue with me right now. Go. Thanks for filling me in.”
“But..”
“GO, Howie. Please..”
Howie got up, not actually wanting to leave, but he was scared that something bad would happen if he didn’t do what he had asked him to. ‘I’ll be back, Kev’, he silently thought to himself as he walked out of the front door and closed it behind him. “I wish I knew what’s wrong, Kev. Why won’t you let us help you? Why?” Howie started the car and headed for A.J.’s place, knowing that something had to be done about the whole situation before Kevin would end up in the hospital too. He already looked like he should actually be there..

Kevin felt like he had been hit with a sledgehammer several times. His head felt like it was going to explode and every muscle in his body hurt. All he wanted was to go upstairs and get to bed. Somehow he managed to get up, again shuffling his way to the stairs. His body longed to be in bed, and so that was where he was headed to. Even if he wasn’t able to get some sleep, he could rest somehow, or at least be somewhat comfortable. As he had walked up a most of the steps, the dizziness hit him at full impact and he could feel his fingers slip from the banister. His body had weakened to such an extent that he couldn’t prevent himself from falling down the stairs..