- Text Size +
Chapter 16

I tried my best to ignore the shooting pain in my stomach but it just seemed to get worse with each second. The pain was what was keeping me aware of what was happening to me. If it wasn’t for that, my mind would have probably blocked out what was happening and I would have gone off to some imaginary place where everything was perfect but no, the pain was too much, too real. I was bound, naked to my bed, completely at the mercy of the man who had put me there. I shuddered when I felt a warm liquid run down my stomach right after a long, cool object ran across it. Oh god, he just cut me.

“Stop, oh god just stop,” I pathetically whispered as I pulled at the restraints that held my arms and legs in place.

“Shut the fuck up,” he hissed and suddenly, I felt a sting in my face. Tears instantly weld up in my eyes. I fought to keep them from escaping because I didn’t want him to know how vulnerable I was and how much pain I was in. He didn’t deserve to know that or to get the satisfaction from it. But I knew that I wouldn’t be able to keep my screams in long because I knew things would only get worse from here. I knew I would only be subjected to more pain as the night went by. “You should have kept your fucking mouth shut at that fucking video store you little whore,” he said, with pure evil in his voice.

“I’m sorry, please just don’t do this to me,” I pleaded.

“I told you to shut the fuck up!” he yelled and his hand connected with my cheek yet again causing me to whimper in pain. Memories of my dream started to flood my mind and I knew this time that this was really happening to me and my pain was going to be a lot worse, probably much worse than I could have ever imagined. I shuddered and continued to battle my tears when I felt his hands travel up and down my body. Right at that moment, I wanted to vomit. I could feel the bile in the back of my throat as he touched me.

“This wouldn’t be happening if you just hadn’t run away from me that night in the alley,” he said, almost informatively and as if this entire thing had been my fault. Had it been? If I hadn’t run away from him, he wouldn’t be in my house right now. I wouldn’t have to go through all of this again. But if I hadn’t ran, I wouldn’t have met Benji. Hell, what does that matter any more anyway? In only a couple days, I managed to alienate him and drive him out of my life. So really, it wouldn’t have mattered if I met Benji, his time in my life was only brief. Knowing and losing Benji, made the pain worse. He was right, I shouldn’t have ran. I shouldn’t have fought him off. I should have just taken what was coming to me. At least if I had done that, all of this would be over.

“I should just fucking kill you for all that shit that you caused me today,” he said, his voice oozing with pure evil. Yes, just kill me, I thought silently but then I mentally slapped myself for thinking such a thing. I need to be alive to take care of Alana. She needed me, even if I was broken. It was better that she had a broken me rather than no one. Alana had saved me twice and she didn’t do a damn thing. I really owed a lot to her. Suddenly, I remembered what had happened before, which her boyfriend and I felt a hint of guilt. I’d over reacted to the situation. I was broken from my thoughts when I heard a zipper.

“I’m really gonna enjoy this,” he seethed. This time I couldn’t help it and tears ran down my face.

“Please don’t,” I whispered.

“Begging and pleading is only gonna make me harder,” he simply stated as he looked over my body and licked his lips. I closed my eyes tightly and started to once again fight against my restraints. “Yeah, keep doing that. Keep struggling,” he urged and I immediately stopped moving. I wanted to minimize his pleasure as much as possible. It was a petty move but I felt that it was one of the only forms of control that I had and I was going to exercise it.

I started to loose it even more when I heard him pull out a condom wrapper and open the foil package. My body tensed as I laid there for what seemed like an eternity as he put it on himself. I bit my lip hard and pulled my eyes shut even tighter before in an attempt to brace myself for what I knew was about to happen as well as keep myself from screaming and pleading with him. Just when I thought that I was going to be torn apart, the weight on top of me shifted very quickly and I heard a loud thud only seconds later.

“Get the fuck off of her!” I heard Benji’s voice yell. Benji! He’d come back after all! I guess he did love me or at least care for me greatly. I smiled mentally but then quickly opened my eyes and looked over at the two men who were piled on top of one another, on my bedroom floor, fighting. I started struggling against my restraints once again, hoping to get free so that I could at least call the police but it was no use, I was too tightly bound. I heard Benji groan and suddenly, he was on the bottom, being pummeled by my attacker.

“Benji!” I yelled, my fear taking over. It was like hearing my voice gave Benji some new found strength because he was quickly able to over take the other man. I watched them fight, completely helpless to do anything but unsuccessfully tug at my restraints in a hope to get free. My attacker appeared to be losing strength and before long, he stopped fighting back. Benji’s punches didn’t stop though. He continued to allow his fists to connect with the face of my attacker.

“Benji!” I called, and he stopped and looked up at me. “Untie me, please.” Benji nodded, looked down at my attacker and punched him one more time before he got off of his body and climbed on my bed and reached for one of the restraints around my arm and quickly opened it. “I thought you hated me,” I said softly, tears in my eyes.

“I could never hate you,” he said with sincerity in his eyes. I smiled at him and he smiled back, but the moment was cut short when Benji was yanked from the bed and pushed onto the floor.

“You should have just stayed the fuck out of this!” my attacker yelled as he produced a gun. Before I could register what was going on, I heard a loud pop and Benji groaned in pain. The man looked up at me, pointed the gun in my direction and I froze. I knew that I wouldn’t be able to free myself in time to escape. My eyes locked with his for a second and then he spoke. “I’ll be back you little fucking slut,” and with that, he turned and left. I waited only a second before I attempted to free myself. My fingers were shaking so it was difficult but I eventually was able to free myself. I quickly jumped from my bed and knelt down beside Benji. He was bleeding profusely and I felt more tears coming on.

“Benji hang on,” I urged him. “Please hang on.”

“It hurts,” Benji whispered, his voice weak.

“I know baby, but I’m gonna go call an ambulance. Please just hold on, alright?”

“I’ll try,” he responded. I nodded and reluctantly pulled myself away from his side and ran into the hallway, completely forgetting that I was naked. Once I grabbed the phone, I immediately dialed 911.

“This is 911, what’s your emergency?” the operator asked.

“My boyfriend,” I started breathlessly. “He’s been shot. He’s bleeding really bad, I need help! Please!”

“Ma’am, relax and tell me what happened,” the operator said calmly.

“I… I was attacked and Benji came in right in the middle of it and he tried to help me but the guy shot him,” I said, my words coming out quickly. I ran back up the stairs while I was on the phone. Once I made it back to my room, I knelt down besides Benji and took his hand in mine.

“Where’s the other guy now?”

“I don’t know. He left,” I said, tears streaming down my face at a rapid pace. I looked down at Benji before softly encouraging him, “hold on baby, hold on.”

“What’s your address?”

“867 Parker Drive,” I told the operator.

“Alright, an ambulance will be there in a few moments,” the operator informed me.

“Hurry please, he needs help,” I pleaded. I spoke to Benji again, my voice soft and I tired, but failed, to keep my voice calm, “they’ll be here soon. Hold on a little longer okay?”

“Ma’am, is he conscious?”

“Yeah, barely.”

“The ambulance is almost there,” the operator informed me.

“Okay,” I whispered. I momentarily let go of Benji’s hand and grabbed a pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt so that I wouldn’t be naked when the police arrived and I could go in the ambulance with Benji. “Ben, you awake?”

“Yeah,” he answered, his voice was so soft and so distant that it was almost completely non-existent.

“They’re here!” I yelled when I heard the sirens from the ambulance. “Thank you!” I said to the operator before hanging up the phone and running down the stairs. I was panting when I reached the front door. I opened it just as the paramedics reached it.

“Where is he?” one man asked.

“Upstairs,” I said, “first door on the left,” I called as they immediately took off up the stairs. I followed them and watched them put Benji on to a stretcher. They moved quickly and before I knew it, we were in the ambulance. I sat in the corner, watching as the paramedics around me worked on Benji quickly. I sniffled as I looked at Benji. His shirt had been ripped open and his chest was covered in blood. I watched as blood seeped from the wound and I felt so helpless and responsible.

“I love you,” Benji whispered to me and suddenly a loud beep emanated from one of the machines.