- Text Size +
Chapter 3

I clutched my pillow tightly to me chest as I lay curled up in my bed. Benji and Joel had left about twenty minutes ago. They hadn’t just left me at door like I had expected but they actually walked me to my door. THE BOTH OF THEM!!! Honestly, I think I could get used to all of this attention from two hot men. After walking me to the door, they both actually came into my house (though I really didn’t know why, I was safe in my own house at least I felt that I was) and we ended up exchanging numbers. Benji had stated several times that I could call him just to talk; to talk about what I was feeling or anything, even the weather (what a dork). Even if I just needed someone to talk to about my day he wanted me to call. He jokingly said that if he didn’t hear from me he’d come back to my house to stalk me. His choice of words made me slightly nervous due to the days events but I knew Benji would never intentionally hurt me.

They left pretty quickly, but not before Joel had to pee. It was too cute, he apparently didn’t want to ask if he could use my bathroom (maybe he’s shy or something, he did seem pretty quite every time I saw him). I had to stifle a laugh as I watched him nervously shift about, trying to hold it in. The poor guy looked like he was on the verge of combusting. Benji had a smirk on his face as he watched his brother making a fool of himself by practically dancing around my living room. When I finally told him that he could go, he took off but realized he didn’t know where he was going. I laughed and told him where to go. After he came back, he thanked me profusely then explained that he didn’t want to use the bathroom at the police station because he was afraid of what (or who) he might find in there, not that I could blame him, I wouldn’t be too thrilled at the prospect myself. Then they finally left and I promised that I would call.

I sighed when I heard my phone ring, I didn’t want to move from my bed, I finally felt comfortable. Reluctantly, I pushed myself to get off of the bed and walked into the living room where the phone was sitting. Part of me thought it was Benji; hoping it was Benji but the rational side of me told me that it wasn’t.

“Hello,” I said softly.

“Angie, where have you been? I’ve been trying to call for hours,” my little sister Alana stated excitedly.

“I was at the police station,” I told her. Me and my sister were close despite the fact that I was so much older than her. Our close relationship allowed us to be able to talk with one another with ease. That made the fact that I had to tell her what happened to me a little easier. It didn’t make the pain and fear go away, but it helped.

“The police station? What the fuck happened Angie?” she demanded.

“I was attacked,” I said softly. “This guy tried to rape me.”

“Shit Angie. How’d you get away?”

“I kicked the guy and I ran away. Thankfully I ran into some guys who helped me. One of the guys actually chased after the guy who attacked me.”

“Wow, I was going to ask if I could spend the night at Chrissy’s house but I guess that wouldn’t be a good idea now.”

“It’s okay Ali, you can stay there if you want, I’ll be fine,” I assured her. I heard her say something to someone in the background that I couldn’t make out, then came back to the phone.

“I’m gonna come home,” she stated.

“Ali, don’t do that because of what happened. There isn’t anything you can do. Just stay there and enjoy yourself. Don’t let this bring you down. I’m fine and nothings gonna happen. Stay and have fun,” I urged her. I would feel terribly guilty if she came home because she felt that she had to. I wanted her to live as normally as possible and this wouldn’t help. “Please stay Ali.”

“Are you sure you don’t need me for anything?” She questioned, beginning to give in. I smiled myself, glad that at least one of us was going to be able to have at least a close to normal life.

“I’m fine. My arms are just a little sore from the guy holding me but it’s nothing that I can’t handle,” I admitted. I hadn’t told Benji about my sore arms, I didn’t want him to worry or anything. Besides it was nothing serious, it would be okay in a few days. I sighed silently to myself, here I was worrying about what Benji thought. Subconsciously, I had been playing with the sleeves if the hoodie I was wearing, that’s when I realized I still had Benji’s hoodie. That damn Benji, he was always finding his way into my mind. I shook Benji from my thoughts when I heard my sister speak.

“So it’s really okay if I stay?”

“Yeah and enjoy yourself. Just make sure that you guys don’t stay up too late because you’ve got school in the morning,” I told her. I sounded so much like my mother at that moment. My mom used to say things like that to me and it bothered the shit out of me but here I am, saying it to my little sister and I had a feeling that it might make her feel the same way, that was until she giggled.

“You sound like mom,” she informed me. I smiled to myself, it was almost as though she had read my mind. “It’s kinda scary,” she continued, becoming serious, “your voice almost sounded exactly like moms.”

“I was thinking the same exact thing,” I admitted. “When she used to say those things to me, I would get so annoyed and it almost like she was treating me like a little kid. I was afraid that you would think that I thought that about you.”

“Nah, I know you think better of me. You just care about me. Having to take care of me got that motherly instinct kicked in gear,” she reasoned. That was part of why I loved her so much, she was able to rationalize things when I wasn’t thinking clearly. She always made things seem so much easier. Bless that girl. Sometimes I wonder what I would do without her.

“I love you kid, you’re my rock,” I told her.

“Hey, anytime you need me, I’m all yours.”

“Thanks Ali. Now go have some fun and don’t worry about me,” I told her, not really wanting to hang up but I knew I had to. She needed to be a kid and enjoy herself.

“Alright, if you need me, Chrissy’s number is on speed dial.”

“Okay, have a good time.”

“I will, bye.”

“Bye,” I said as I hung up the phone. Once again I was cloaked in the deafening silence of my house. I had never hated the silence has much as I had at this moment. As a matter of fact, I used to long for the silence so that I could get some work done. Now I hated it more than anything. I looked around my living room. Everything was exactly where it was when I had left the house in the morning, but some how, it all seemed so different. I really don’t know how to explain it except that I wasn’t looking at everything the same way that I had before. Maybe I had a greater appreciation of everything. That would make sense considering what I had just experienced.

My eyes found there way to the note pad where Benji and Joel had jotted down their telephone numbers. Their handwriting was very similar; messy but just clear enough to read each number. My fingers clutched the phone tighter into my hand. I was contemplating whether or not I should call Benji. Already, I wanted to hear his voice again.

Stop it Angela, I told myself. I was acting like some love sick teenager who couldn’t keep their hormones in control. It was pathetic, it really was. I mean I had grown out of that stage some time ago. Okay, it wasn’t that long ago, but still. Besides, I knew he wasn’t thinking the same way about me. Why would he? It wasn’t as though he had a reason to be. I’m not all that pretty to begin with but there was no way that a guy like Benji would want to take on a girl like me who had just gone through hell. He could do way better. I didn’t doubt that for a second. I decided against calling Benji though I really wanted to. He probably wasn’t even home yet, I told myself shaking my head. Wow, I guess I’m totally loosing it. Yes, that must be it, I’ve lost my mind.

That seems to be the only reasonable explanation (at least it did to me, guess I would have to talk to Ali about this one). There could be no way that I could have such a connection to a guy that I had just met, connections don‘t just happen like that, at least they don‘t in real life, all of that shit is just in the movies. We hadn’t even talked very much because of the police questioning, we had been kept apart for a while before he had met up with me on the bench. The only kind of attraction to him that I could justify was a physical attraction because he was very good looking. He was the kind of guy that I was attracted to. He had tattoos all over every exposed portion of his skin. When he took his hoodie off and I saw his arms which were covered with tattoos. He had three piercings in his lower lip and one on his upper lip (his lips are so damn sexy and kissable, I had been tempted to kiss them once or twice already).

He wasn’t very tall, he was actually only about an inch or two taller than I was which was good because then I didn’t have to stretch and stand on my toes to kiss him (which I wanted to do and wanted to be able to do as often as I wanted to). He was at that perfect height. His build was perfect also (at least I thought it was perfect). He wasn’t fat but he also wasn’t too overly muscled. I wasn’t attracted to those men who had those really huge muscles like a lot of other women are. That’s just not my type I guess, it never has been either. I sighed myself, wondering what I was going to do about the feelings that I thought that I have for Benji. I guess I would figure it out what was going to happen as time went by, that was really the only thing that I could do.

~*~*~
Thanks for the reviews guys!! I actually have this story posted over at gcfanfics.com and its quite popular! Anyways, thanks for the reviews and keep 'em comin!