- Text Size +
Chapter 7

Things have a funny way of working out. Yesterday night when I was running down that dark and desolate alley I thought my life was going to be coming to an abrupt end and now here I am laying in the warmth and strength of Benji’s arms. I could hear his quiet snoring behind me and I smiled to myself. He was so cute. I guess the movie that was playing on the television had bored him to sleep. I couldn’t blame him though, the move did suck. I was one of those sappy, overly dramatic romance movies. We could have easily changed the channel but by the time the show we were watching had ended, we were both way too comfortable to move, even to get the remote control which was only mere inches away.

I shut my eyes, allowing myself to become completely relaxed in his arms. I probably would have fallen asleep myself hadn’t it been for the fact that every time that I closed my eyes my mind replayed my dream from the night before. I could spend the rest of my days like this. There was something about comforting about the way his arms felt. Many of my friends may be fearful of his arms because of the many tattoos but I didn’t care. I was happy with him, I didn’t care what other people think about our relationship, he’s good for me. I’m jumping to conclusions and I know it, no one has even met Benji yet, besides, my friends aren’t close minded. They were open to new things. My friends aren’t the issue, I told myself, my sister is. She has to like him and be able to deal with me and Benji’s relationship. She was really the only one that mattered.

Everything was just happening so fast all of a sudden. There was no way that I could prepare for the whirlwind of events that had recently occurred in my life. I concentrated on the feeling of Benji’s arms wrapped around me. I was grateful for his presents, I was asked him to stay with me because I didn’t want to be in the house alone. We had talked for a while and I think we really got to know each other and I think that helped us to click even more. We were similar but different. We were just the right mixture of similarities and differences that we were great together. I opened my eyes and glanced over at the clock. It was two already and that meant that Ali would home soon.

“Benj,” I said softly, trying to wake the man that was quickly becoming my prince charming. I laughed to myself, I had really changed in the past day. When I didn’t get a response, I lightly jabbed my elbow into Benji’s stomach.

“Ow, what the fuck did you do that for?” Benji grumbled.

“My sister is going to be home soon and I want you to meet her,” I replied.

“Really? Or is it that you just didn’t want her walking in on us laying here on the couch and think that a little sum thin’ sum thin’ happened,” Benji replied wiggling his eye brows suggestively. I smiled and shook my head.

“No, I didn’t want her to wonder why there was some strange bum sleeping on our couch,” I answered, reluctantly pulling myself from Benji’s grip.

“Oh so now I’m a bum?”

“Weren’t you always?” I remarked with a smile on my face. He smiled back at me.

“Honey I’m home!” came the sudden shouting of my sister. I smiled, glad that she was still acting like herself. Part of me was worried that she was get too worried about me and that would effect her some how.

“Hey Ali, we‘re in the living room,” I called down the hall as I heard her then direct her footsteps towards the living room.

“Oh so I get to meet the mystery savior dude,” she said as she walked up to me and pulled me into a big hug. It had been a long time since she had done anything like this so I was really taken back by the gesture.

“Ali this is..” I started as she turned to get a look at Benji but before I could say anything, she cut me off.

“Benji Madden,” she stated. I was surprised at first then I remembered that Benji had told me that he had music videos on MTV, I guess Ali knew of them.

“You must be Ali,” Benji stated even though that had been well established. He walked over towards us with his hand extended, waiting for Ali to take his hand. After a second she did but I was a little alarmed by the delay in her actions. I couldn’t tell if it was a good thing or a bad thing. She could hate him and that’s why she didn’t wanna be nice or she could have just been so shocked by the fact that there’s a “rock star” in our house. Oh how I hoped it was the latter.

“Yep,” she replied. “Thanks for saving my sister. I don’t know what I would do without her. I really owe you.” Silently, I let out a sigh of relief, this wasn’t going to be a negative experience.

“Hey I was only doing the right thing, helping someone when they really needed it. It was nothing,” he said, playing down the events. Ali smiled at him and shook her head.

“That right thing saved my sister,” she stated seriously. “Not a lot of people would have stopped to help because they would have been afraid that they would get hurt or in trouble or something.”

“I’m not a lot of people,” he replied.

“Thankfully.” I smiled to myself. This was good, Ali was accepting him. My nerves had began to relax, I made it past the one hurdle that could have changed everything. “So what are your intentions with my sister now?” Ali questioned suddenly. Benji seemed to be taken back by the forwardness of the question especially since it was coming from a fourteen year old girl.

“I intend to love her,” Benji stated, turning to look directly into my eyes. I could see the sincerity in his eyes as he spoke. Honestly, I didn’t expect him to answer her question and by the look on Ali’s face, she hadn’t expected an answer either. Or at least, she didn’t expect a serious answer or one as serious as the one that he was giving. I have to admit, his words sent chills up my spine. “I intend on keeping her safe from harm and I intend on making her mine.”

“Well that’s fine by me,” Ali stated as she looked towards me. She smiled when she noticed that I was looking directly at Benji. She turned her attention towards Benji. “Well Madden, your girlfriends sister is a big fan of your band so you have to get her into a show every now and again.”

“I think I can arrange that,” he answered, breaking our eye contact to look at my sister. I turned to look at her too. Her smile grew when he answered.

“Awesome!”

“You just have to make sure that your sister comes with you to join in on all the fun,” Benji stated, winking at me. Ali must have seen this because her grin grew even more.

“I think she’s already in on all of the fun.”

Benji smirked before commenting, “The fun hasn’t even started yet, trust me.” I felt my face turning red. I was so embarrassed by that comment because I knew what Benji was insinuating. Normally, it wouldn’t have bothered me, but my sister was standing right there and as close as we were, I‘ve never shared the details about my sex life with her. She was fourteen for gods sake. Benji must have seen the blush creeping on my face because he winked at me again.

“Well, I’ll leave you two alone to have all the fun you want,” Ali stated as she looked from Benji to me. “Just keep it down, I’ve got homework to do.”

“Ali!” I shouted from pure shock and embarrassment. I could only imagine how red my face had gotten in the last few moments.

“Hey, I was just kidding,” she replied, putting her arms up defensively as she turned around and walked away. A small laugh escaped Benji’s lips when he heard Ali’s footsteps on the stairs.

“What’s so funny?” I asked him.

“Your sister,” he replied, a smile still plastered on his face. “I mean you have to admit that the idea she got was only natural since when she came home, we were passed out on the couch.”

“We were not sleeping on the couch! I woke you up remember?”

“Yeah okay, well we look like we were passed out on the couch,” he stated. He was right. For the first time I noticed that his shirt looked all wrinkled and his pants were twisted in a weird way. I could only imagine what I looked like. God, Ali has a dirty mind, I thought to myself as the realization of what she must have thought finally came to me.

“Oh god,” I said, slightly embarrassed.

“It’s okay, I mean she wouldn’t blame you. Who could? No one could turn down all this!” Benji stated as he pointed at himself.

“You conceded mother fucker,” I muttered.

“Call me what you want but you know you want this,” he said smiling at me.

“I’ll call you later Benji,” I said, not knowing what else to say to him. I’m sure he needed to go and I just didn’t want to tell him to get out. How would that sound?

“What? You throwing me out now?”

“You’ve been here all day, someone has to be looking for you,” I reasoned.

“They would have called my cell phone,” he countered.

“You wouldn’t have heard it.”

“I would have felt it, I have it on vibrate,” he said and suddenly a large grin appeared on his face yet again and his eyebrows moved suggestively as he said, “unless you got a little somethin' to play with while I was asleep.”

“Benjamin!”

“What!? I was only kidding!” he said he laughter uncontrollable now.

“You know what, get out!” I said as a few laughs escaped my lips.

“Alright fine, I know when I’m not wanted!” he replied as he started to move towards the door. “I’ll call you later and we’ll do something one night, how’s that sound?”

“Sounds great.”