- Text Size +
*Three Weeks Later*

"I didn't think three weeks would pass by so quickly," Bianca said as Brianna cranked her car and pulled away from the gas station.

"I know. I miss everybody," Brianna replied changing the radio station. She stopped when she heard "I Want It That Way." Smiling at the sound of his voice, she said, "I missed Kevin, too."

"I know. Everybody knows," Bianca smiled. "Y'all talked on the phone, like, the entire three weeks we've been gone. Maybe you should've just brought him with you."

"We'll that would've worked."

"Yeah, I could really see that happening."

"Me, too," she grinned mischievously.

"I'm really excited about touring next week, but I'm so nervous," Bianca said as the song went off. "I'm afraid the fans are gonna hate me."

"Bean, nobody's gonna hate you. They're directing all that to Britney Spears. They'll love you as long as you're not slutty like her," Brianna told her best friend sincerely. "Everything's gonna be fine."

"I guess. It's just new and new things make me nervous."

"I know."

Just as Brianna was about to change the station, the DJ started talking about the Backstreet Boys; she left it there.

"If you all didn't know," he began, "these guys are kicking off their tour next week."

"Yeah, we know," Bianca said talking to herself.

"Shhh, I can't hear."

"Well, if you don't know, they have an incredible opening act who is about to break into the music scene with a huge impact."

"Omigosh! Bianca, that's you! Can you--"

"Shhh, now I can't hear."

The DJ continued talking for a second before introducing Bianca. "All right, people, I know you're ready to hear it, so here we go. Here's Bianca Parker with the first single off her self titled debut album. "The song's called "Without You."

Both girls let out a loud shriek of excitement as the music drifted through the car. "Omigosh! I can't wait to tell Nick."

"What did you just say?!" Bianca asked, faking amazement. "Tell who?"

"Shut up." Bianca said blushing. "He's cool, you know. We're friends."

"That's not it. You, my dear, have a crush on a certain blond heart-throb." Bianca took a minute to reply.

"Well..., well... I can't think of anything cute to say right now, but when I do..." Both girls burst out laughing at Bianca.

"Look. We're back in Florida. One more hour and we'll be at Sierra Suites. Oh yeah. I'm going out tonight. You can come. Nick and the guys might be there."

"Where?"

"Kevin's house," Brianna said with a sly smile.

"Guess I won't be seeing y'all much after we get there," Bianca joked.

"Make me sound like a ho, why don't ya?! You have no faith in me!"

"I know you're not a ho. You just like to 'be close!' “Bianca explained herself.” I know you've never had sex."

"Well, when we get back to the hotel I'm gonna call Kevin and let him know we're back."

"I got the shower first." Bianca said. Brianna shot her a 'who cares' look and the girls laughed and continued to drive, happy to soon be reunited with their newest friends.

*At The Hotel*

"Hello?"

"Hey, sweetie. It's me. We're back at the hotel."

"Great! When can you be here?"

"Can you give us about an hour? We wanna change."

"Sure thing, baby. The guys are all here, so I'll tell them you and Bianca are on the way."

"Okay. Bye, honey."

"See ya later."

"Hurry up, Bean!" Brianna yelled to Bianca in the shower. "We have an hour!" Brianna had to look perfect tonight.

*At Kevin's House*

"I heard a car," Kevin said excitedly as he jumped up from the couch.

"They're here," Howie called when he saw Brianna's black accord breeze up the driveway.

Kevin went out the front door and ran to Brianna's car. Brianna stood up and let Kevin run to her. Sweeping her up in his arms, he spun her around playfully. Kissing her deeply, he put her back down. "I missed you, baby,'' he growled into her ear only loud enough for her to hear.

"Hello, did you forget about us?" Howie asked jokingly. "Hey, Brian, I don't think we were missed."

"Don't be so sure," Bianca said climbing up the porch steps. I couldn't wait to get back here to you guys."

"Aw, now I feel special," Brian joked as he gave Bianca a hug. The gesture was repeated by Nick, Howie, and even A.J.

Kevin and Brianna were still making their way up the driveway when Kevin called out to the others. "Everybody head to the kitchen. Everything's ready."

*2 Hours Later*

Bianca popped the last bite of steak in her mouth and chewed thoughtfully. "Kevin, you're a really good cook," she said.

"Thanks," he said, wiping his mouth. There's ice cream in the freezer if anyone wants dessert."

Replies of "no, thanks" and "I'm stuffed" came from around the table.

"Well then why don't y'all go chill in the living room while Brianna and I clean up the kitchen," Kevin said as he reached for Brianna's leg under the table. As he placed his hand on her thigh, Brianna gave Bianca a little wink.

The gang moved the conversation into the den and settled into the furniture around the big screen TV. Bianca sat in between Nick and Brian on the overstuffed couch.

"So, how excited are you about the tour?" Brian asked to strike up conversation. Howie, A.J. and Nick seemed to be engrossed in a program about the mating habits of beetles.

"Gosh, I can't wait!" Bianca gushed. "On one hand, I'm really excited and then again I'm scared that everybody's gonna hate me. Girls especially."

"Why would they hate you?"

"Because I'm touring with the one group that almost every girl in America wants to be with."

"Everything will be fine once everybody sees what a wonderful person you are."

"Thanks, Brian. That really did make me feel a lot better. I think I'm gonna go get a soda. Anybody want anything?

"I'm thirsty, too," Nick spoke up. "I'll go with you to the kitchen."

*At The Same Time*

Brianna stood at the sink washing the last dish when Kevin came up behind her. Putting his arms around her waist, he put his head on her shoulder. "I'm glad you're back, baby. I thought about you like crazy."

"Oh, did you?" she asked softly, turning to face him.

"Yeah," Kevin whispered kissing her softly on the lips. "What do you say we spend some private time alone?"

"I say I'd like that." Kevin took her hand and led her up the kitchen staircase to his bedroom.

Brianna kicked off her sneakers and sat down on Kevin's bed he sat down beside her and for a moment they were silent and still, gazing at one another.

Kevin leaned over and kissed Brianna forcefully, and she returned his kisses with just as much aggression. Lying back on the bed, Brianna pulled Kevin down with her; he kissed her hungrily. "Damn, baby. You did miss me," Kevin said jokingly. He brushed her dark hair away from her eye and kissed her again. She looked at him seriously.

"Kevin, I...” she wanted to continue, but fumbled for words. Kevin interrupted her.

"Brianna, I know I might be taking a risk saying this, but I have to. You're not like anyone I've ever met before. You make me feel so different. All I've thought about lately is you...and me...I've been going crazy for the past three weeks and even though I haven't known you all that long, I feel like I've know you forever. No one's ever had this effect on me before."

"What are you trying to say, Kevin?"

"That I think I love you, Brianna."

"I feel the same way, Kevin. Except I know I love you. Don't ask me how I can be so sure so soon. I can just feel it. You seem so right beside me. I feel so right here with you now."

Kevin gathered her in his arms for another kiss and placed one hand on her leg. As they kissed, he let it slide up her thigh, under her skirt. His kisses moved lower and Brianna closed her eyes, losing herself in the moment. She ran her fingers through his lush hair as he kissed her neck and shoulders, gently tugging her delicate tank top straps to the side with his teeth.

She let out a sigh of contentment and he turned his gaze to her face, staring into her deep brown eyes. He bent down and brushed his lips against hers again in a short, teasing kiss. Brianna cupped Kevin's face in her hands and pressed her lips against his more passionately. Soon, they were locked in a tight, soul-burning kiss, their tongues exploring each other like never before. Brianna wrapped one of her legs around one of Kevin's and put her hands on the back of his neck. They finally pulled away, breathless. Kevin's hand was still resting on the inside of her thigh.

"I wonder if they've missed us yet?" Brianna said meeting his piercing green gaze.

"If they have, they can keep missing us," Kevin answered. We've got some catching up to do." He picked her hand up and kissed it, running his tongue over her middle finger. As Kevin sucked gently on her neck, Brian couldn't help but think she couldn't agree more.

*In The Kitchen*

"I wonder where Kevin and Brianna are?" Bianca asked Nick with a knowing smile.

"I have a pretty good idea," he replied looking toward the staircase.

"Yeah," she said getting two sodas from the refrigerator and sitting down at the table beside Nick.

"So, you are ready to tour?"

"Yeah, I'm ready to see how everything goes. It's gonna be fun," she smiled at him.

They both fell silent trying to think of something to say.

Finally, Nick broke the rather uncomfortable silence. "I'm glad, too. That way I'll get to see you everyday."

Bianca, who had been fidgeting with her soda can, was now staring at Nick with a shocked look on her face. No guy had ever been that honest with her about something like that.

"I like you, Bianca. I don't know what else to tell you. I had to tell someone and I figured I might as well tell you while I had enough courage."

"I, uh, I...," she blushed. Looking at him and smiling sweetly, she said, "I like you, too, Nick."

"Really?" he couldn't believe his ears.

"Yeah, but I don't want to rush into anything. You know? I like to take things slow and be friends with someone first. Like us."

"I understand completely, and I totally respect that," he said placing his hand on hers.

Bianca smiled and let him keep his hand there. 'He's so cute,' she thought as she felt her heart speed up. "Oh, I forgot to tell you," she said breaking the silence.

"What?"

"My song was on the radio today! Can you believe it? My song. On the radio."

"That's great, Bianca!" he said hugging her. "Just wait till next week when we're touring and you see all those people cheering."

Just then, Brian came through the kitchen door. "Well, well, well. What have we here?" he asked with a grin when he found Bianca and Nick in an embrace.

"Oh, I was just telling Nick that my song was on the radio today."

"Really?! that's awesome!" he said giving Bianca a brotherly bear hug.

"I'm in a state of shock," she said as they headed back into the living room.

"It'll seem really unbelievable for a while," Brian said sitting down.

"What?" Howie asked looking at Brian.

"Bianca heard her song on the radio today."

"Wow, you must feel really cool," he said smiling. "The first time you hear your song on the radio is amazing."

"It's weird, though," she said seriously. "I've always wanted this to happen, and I've always felt like I could handle anything. But now, I dunno, I feel so unprepared for it all."

"That's normal. It will feel weird. It will feel like you're having a really good dream and you're about to wake up," Howie said as Bianca sat down on the couch.

"That's exactly what it feels like."

"Hey, peoples," A.J. said turning his attention away from the television. "I don't know about y'all, but I'm hungry again."

"You know, I wouldn't mind having some ice cream," Bianca said with a grin.

Everyone agreed and followed her into the kitchen where she got the ice cream, five bowls and five spoons. "Okay, y'all can get your own. Those hands aren't broken."

*20 Minutes Later*

"So, you'll be 18 next week, huh?" Howie asked as he placed is bowl in the sink.

"Yeah," she blushed and gave Nick a questioning look.

"I told 'em," he smiled.

"Yeah," Brian began. "We're gonna do something for your birthday. You only turn 18 once."

"No, really, that's okay. Y'all don't have to," she said.

"No," Nick said lacing his fingers between hers. "We want to."

"Well," she began reluctantly, "fine, but nothing big."

Just then Brianna and Kevin came walking down the stairs hand in hand with everyone staring in surprise.

"Nice of you to join us," Bianca said with a giggle.

Brianna turned a deep shade of red. "We didn't know you guys were in the kitchen," she said stopping at the bottom of the staircase.

Walking up behind her, Kevin crossed his arms around her waist and put his hands on her stomach. He kissed her on the side of the head. The others were surprised by the way Kevin and Brianna were acting. They had gotten awfully close in such a short time.

"Good thing we ate all the ice cream, cause they don't need anymore dessert!" Brian joked lamely. Everyone laughed and the tension was broken.

Brianna sat down on the empty bar stool next to Bianca and Kevin stood behind her, resting his hands on her shoulders. His thumbs gently ran up and down the back of her neck, and Brianna closed her eyes. To the others it appeared as if they were in their own little world.

"Well, aren't y'all just precious," Brianna said with exaggerated sweetness when she opened her eyes and noticed Bianca and Nick holding hands under the bar.

"Yeah, we are," Bianca shot back, matching Brianna's sarcasm.

"Baby, we'd better get going," Brianna said turning to face Kevin. "It's gotta be way past midnight by now."

"Wow!" Kevin said with disbelief. "How long were we upstairs?"

"Long enough!" A.J. shouted from across the room. Howie and Brian laughed loudly.

"Bye, guys," Brianna said coolly, not giving them time to answer before pulling Kevin out of the Kitchen.

Bianca still held Nick's hand and, after she said good-bye to the guys, pulled him out of the kitchen with her.

Stepping out onto the front porch, they saw Kevin and Brianna kissing in front of her car. "Ill be glad when they get out of that," Bianca said looking at her best friend. "But then again, Brianna might never stop. She thrives on emotion."

"Nah, Kevin needs her," Nick replied. "He's been by himself way too long. I know Brian was getting worried about him." Looking down at the couple, who were oblivious to the conversation, Nick hinted, "you might even be like that one day."

"Maybe...," Bianca smiled slyly, "but I have to meet Mr. Perfect first."

Nick picked up Bianca's hand and kissed and gave her a tight hug. "You better go now before Brianna gets mad at you." Looking down from the porch they saw Kevin close the door of Brianna's car and begin to walk toward the porch.

"Bye, Nick," Bianca said sadly. She almost hated to go.

"Bye, Bean." Nick gave her one last squeeze and she ran to Brianna's car.

Kevin reached the porch steps and sat down watching the girls drive off. Flopping down beside Kevin, Nick sighed. "I think I'm in love."

Kevin looked at Nick and smiled a knowing smile. "I don't just think. I know," he answered dreamily. With that the two friends sat in silence in the warm night air, listening to the summer sounds around them mixed with the noisy TV. inside--those damn beetles again. Neither Nick nor Kevin paid any attention to this, however. They were too busy thinking about Bianca, Brianna, and how good it felt to love.