- Text Size +
*One Week Later*

Bianca awoke to the thump of a pillow across her face. "Wake up, birthday girl!" Brianna shouted loudly into her ear. "Rise and shine." Bianca opened her eyes to see Brianna, Kevin, A.J., Howie, Nick, and Brian all gathered around her bed.

"Brianna, you are such a bitch!" Bianca joked. "I can't believe you let them in to see me looking like this."

"Not only did I let them in," Brianna said with an exaggerated evil cackle, "I'm the one that invited them over!"

"Happy Birthday, Bianca!" all the guys yelled in unison. Giving each of them a hug, she set up and adjusted the covers around her. "Thanks everybody," she said.

"Oh, I almost forgot," Brianna said. Pulling a box out from under her bed she handed it to Bianca.

The Nordstroms gift card said "Happy 18th B-Day, Bean" and the bright orange wrapping paper was cheerful. Opening the box, Bianca gasped in delight. It was the same hunter green mini-dress she had modeled for Nick and Kevin on their second meeting.

"Thank you, Brianna," Bianca exclaimed, hugging her best friend.

"Your welcome. Wear it tonight when we go out," Brianna said.

"What's tonight?" Bianca asked, genuinely lost.

"That's where our present to you comes in," Brian said.

"Yeah," Howie added. "We're not telling you what it is, but you'll have a good time."

"Are you in on this, Brianna?" Bianca asked.

"Of course," she answered with a mysterious smile, "but it will be a night you will never forget."

*That Evening*

The phone rang at exactly 5:30. Brianna picked it up. "Hello?"

"Hey, darlin'! What's going on?" Brianna recognized the voice as that of Bianca's mom.

"Not much. I'm just messin around. Trying to do something with Bean's hair."

"Is she close by? Can I speak to her?"

"Sure, she's right here. Hang on."

Handing Bianca the phone, Brianna went to grab her make-up bag.

"Hey, mama," Bianca spoke into the receiver.

"Hey, sweetie. Having a nice birthday?"

"It's been great, but I kinda wish I could've been back home. I miss everybody," she said a little homesick.

"I know, sweetie, but we'll see you soon. We're all gonna be at the Raleigh show."

"I know, but 18 is such a big deal. I'm just glad that I can talk to you. It makes me feel better, but I do wish I was with my family."

"I know, but we'll celebrate when we see you. What are doing to celebrate?"

"Brianna and the guys are taking me out."

"Where are they taking you?" she asked questioningly.

"Well, we're going to dinner and I'm not sure where else."

Her mother's tone turned serious, "Bianca, I think you should know where you're going."

"Well, mama, it's kind of a surprise and if I knew, it would ruin the surprise. And besides, I'll be with Brianna."

"Just don't get into any trouble."

"All right, mama. You know I won't. Have more faith in me."

"Have a good time then and be careful. Call me tomorrow after the show."

"Okay, mama."

"Happy Birthday, sweetie. I love you."

"Love you, too. Bye."

"Bye."

When Bianca hung the phone up, she looked up at Brianna still poking through her make-up. "Your ass had better not get me in trouble tonight."

Brianna just smiled innocently, "Me? Get you in trouble? Never!!"

"Whatever," Bianca said growing more uncomfortable. "Just don't get me arrested or killed and we'll be fine." Brianna laughed and began smearing make-up on Bianca's flawless face.

*Party Time*

The girls were watching t.v. when the boys arrived. Opening the door, Brianna greeted Kevin with a kiss. Nick looked at Bianca and gasped. She was beautiful anytime, but tonight she was absolutely breathtaking.

Her long hair was piled on top of her head and curls hung down loosely; dark and shining. Her eyes were smoky, accentuated by long lashes. Her full lips shimmered and the smooth, tan skin on her neck and shoulders seemed to glisten. The dress Brianna had given her fit perfectly. She filled it out in all the right and her clunky black shoes brought her to his chin. Bianca could be described as gorgeous at the very least. Nick thought she looked exotic.

"Wow," Nick said softly. "You look amazing."

"Thanks," she mumbled nervously. She could feel her face getting hot. Pulling on her black shrug she asked, "So are we ready to go? Don't keep me in suspense any longer."

A.J. had driven since he had the biggest car and everyone piled into his gray Expedition. Kevin and Brianna snuggled closely on the middle seat beside Nick and Bianca. Brian sat in the back and Howie sat up front with A.J.

Everyone talked cheerily on the way to Smoky Joe's, the restaurant they were going to.

When they reached the restaurant, everyone climbed out. The group walked in and was immediately led to their reserved table.

"I heard this place is really good," Brianna said looking at the menu. "I think I'll have the stuffed chicken."

"Sounds good," Kevin said. "Me, too."

Bianca and Nick decided on steak and shrimp. When everyone else had ordered, Kevin requested a bottle of red wine. "To go with dinner," he said winking slyly at Bianca who looked shocked.

When their food arrived, everyone dug in ravenously. They had been waiting all day for this.

"This is so good," Brianna said as Kevin poured her glass full of wine.

"I told you," A.J. said between bites of his steak.

"Eat up, Bianca. You'll need lots of energy for our next stop," Nick said mysteriously.

"Where are we going?" she whispered to Brianna impatiently.

"Just shut the hell up and eat already. You'll see when we get there." Brianna laughed and Bianca sat back and resumed her conversation with Nick. She was going to love her surprise.

*At The Club*

A.J. parked the Expedition and turned to face Bianca in the back seat.

"Surprise!" everyone shouted.

"Y'all are gonna take me clubbing?!" she squealed with delight. "I've never been clubbing before!"

"Enjoy it, baby," Brianna said as they walked into The Freaky Tiki.

"This is one of the best clubs around," A.J. said when they got inside. Shouting over the music he added, "Now, if y'all will excuse me, I'm going to find myself a lady."

A.J. sauntered off and Brian and Howie went to mingle, too. Only Brianna, Bianca, Nick, and Kevin were left at the small table.

"I say we all go dance," Brianna said, slightly tipsy from the wine at dinner.

"Good idea," Nick answered as he pulled Bianca to the dance floor.

The four bumped and grinded until they were out of breath and made their way back to the table.

"I'll go get us drinks," Kevin said. "Be right back."

He returned carrying four glasses and sat them on the table. His and Brianna'a drink was different than the ones he gave Bianca and Nick, and Bianca noticed.

"I got you and Nick a Fuzzy Navel," he explained. "And I got Brianna and me a Sex on the Beach." Brianna blushed and took a sip.

"Hell, it's my 18th birthday. Why not?" Bianca said out loud. Taking a big gulp, she continued, "Hey, this is pretty good."

Nick looked at her, still in awe of the way she looked that night. Finishing his drink he took her hand again. She swallowed the last sip and followed him to the dance floor, leaving Kevin and Brianna at the table.

The night flew by for Bianca who was having a great time. While she and Nick worked the dance floor, she saw all the guys. A.J. and some blonde; Brian and Howie talking to two twins; even Kevin and Brianna grinding away in the dimly lit room. Now, here she was dancing to the last slow song with her head on Nick's shoulder. It was closing time, and looking around she noticed that the crowd had thinned out.

Walking hand-in-hand with Nick over to their table, Bianca saw paper cups stacked everywhere. Three of them were hers, three were Nick's. The rest, 12 or so, belonged to Brianna and Kevin.

"They're drunk!" Bianca explained giggling.

"Well, we're not exactly sober ourselves," Nick said. Putting his arm around Bianca's waist, they walked back to Brianna and Kevin at the table. A.J., Howie, and Brian were there, too.

Howie looked over at Bianca noticing that she was very tipsy. Nick, too. "All right, everybody. Time to go home."

The group walked outside to A.J.'s waiting Expedition. Howie sat up front again. Brian sat in the middle with Nick and Bianca. Kevin and Brianna tried to climb gracefully into the back seat, but instead fell over onto each other. now they tumbled around drunkenly, laughing loudly and groping each other.

A.J. turned the radio up loud to drown out Brianna's relentless giggling. Bianca began singing along. Soon, Nick joined in and A.J. laughed all the way back to his house.

"What are we gonna do about them?" Brian asked pointing to Kevin and Nick. They had all met at A.J.'s house separately.

"I'm sure as hell not letting them drive home," he answered. "You guys can all crash here tonight."

Hearing A.J.'s comment Brianna drunkenly whispered, "No, Bean and I can't. That wouldn't be proper."

"Your ass must be drunk," Bianca said loudly. "You've never cared about proper before." Nick put his hand over her mouth before she could say anything else.

A.J. unlocked the door and everyone walked in--except for Brianna and Kevin. They stumbled in. "Happy Birthday, Bianca," A.J. said giving her a peck on the cheek. "You guys sleep where ever you want. I'm going to bed."

"Me, too," Brian and Howie said at the same time. "Hope you had a great birthday," Howie added heading up the stairs.

Bianca and Nick sat down on the couch. They looked over at Kevin sitting in the chair with Brianna in his lap. Kevin whispered something in her ear and they made their way clumsily up the stairs. Nick got up and moved to the chair beside the couch. Bianca laid back and closed her eyes; in a few moments she was drifting into an alcohol-induced slumber.