- Text Size +
*The Next Morning*

Brianna awoke to sunlight streaming into the strange room burning her eyes. She was laying half on top of Kevin, her head on his bare chest. She didn't know where she was or how she got there. Or out of her dress for that matter. Looking down, she noticed she was wearing Kevin's Phat Farm sweatshirt. He looked so peaceful.

Kevin could feel her stirring and it roused him from his slumber. Putting his arms around her, he opened his eyes. "Morning, doll," he whispered softly. "Sleep good?"

She looked into his green eyes, bright despite their groggy state. "Yeah. I had nice dreams."

Kevin leaned down to kiss her, pulling her mouth to his. She was sexy, even with a hang-over.

"Kev, why am I wearing your clothes?" Brianna was scared to hear the answer.

"Don't worry, baby. Right before we passed out, I gave you my shirt."

"Oh," she said relieved, "okay." Giving Kevin another kiss, she snuggled into his arms. Letting one hand rub his bare stomach, she let herself drift off again.

*At The Same Time*

Nick took Bianca's hand in his and kissed it, pulling it against his chest. His caresses woke her.

The first words to escape her lips were "oww" as she put her free hand against her head.

"Poor baby," Nick said moving closer. She sat up and Nick moved behind her, then pulled her back down so that her back was against his chest. "You're still just as gorgeous as you were last night," he whispered softly into her ear.

Bianca blushed and turned her head to look into his eyes. Without thinking, she pressed her lips to his softly. He kissed her back and one hand found its way around her waist. Breaking the kiss, he rested his chin on top of her head.

"Nick, I had a really good time with you last night. My birthday couldn't have been better."

"I'm glad," Nick replied. "I just wanted you to be happy, since you're away from your family."

"It worked," Bianca said leaning into him even more. Nick took her hands in his as the two just sat there listening to each other breathe.

*Half An Hour Later*

Bianca heard movement in the kitchen and decided to see who else was up. She stood up and began to walk toward the kitchen, but Nick grabbed her hand and pulled her to him. "Where are you going?" he asked pulling her body close to his.

"Someone else is up, and I was gonna go see who it was. Plus, I'm a little hungry," she said wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Well, I'll go with you," he said leading her to the kitchen.

“Well, look who decided to join the world of the living,” Brian said looking the two over. He, Howie, and A.J. were sitting at the table talking.

“Good morning,” Bianca said, leaning against the counter. “Thanks for last night. I had so much fun, even if I feel like someone’s beat me over the head.”

“No problem,” Howie smiled. “We’re glad you had fun.”

“Actually,” A.J. began, “that was our intention.”

She smiled and enjoyed the feel of Nick’s hands caressing her back. Breaking the silence she asked A.J., “Do you mind if I get a glass of orange juice?”

“No, go ahead. Get whatever you want.”

‘I’m so glad he’s back to normal,’ she thought opening the refrigerator door. ‘I don’t like tension.’

Everyone sat quietly, only talking occasionally. Bianca was resting her head on Nick’s shoulder when she heard the kitchen door swing open. When she turned around and saw Brianna, her eyes widened at her best friends appearance. Brianna was wearing Kevin’s phat farm sweatshirt and an open bathrobe. Her hair was tousled and her eyes were red. Her normally pale skin was now ghost-like and she looked like she hadn’t slept well.

Brianna gasped when she finally looked up. “Oh, good morning,” she mumbled as she turned a deep shade of crimson. “I didn’t know anybody was up.” Leaning over to Bianca’s ear, she whispered, “I know this looks bad but we didn’t do anything.”

“I know. I believe you,” Bianca whispered back. “Even if you were drunk.”

“So, where’s Kevin?” Brian asked.

“In the shower,” Brianna answered. “He said y’all have to be at the arena at, like, 1:30.”

“Damn, that’s right,” Nick said.

“Well, it’s only 10:30. We have enough time to get back to the hotel and get ready,” Bianca said to Brianna.

“Yeah, but you’re forgetting a very important factor.”

“What’s that?”

“Bean, we kinda don’t have a way back there. Don’t you remember? I didn’t drive.”

“Oh yeah. I forgot.”

“I can take you,” Nick volunteered.

“No, that’s all right,” Brianna said. “Kevin said he would.”

“He can ride, but I’m driving.”

“All right,” Brianna said.

*AN HOUR LATER*

Nick, Bianca, Brianna, Kevin, and Brian all piled into Nick’s Durango. “Bean, what’s wrong?” Brianna leaned forward to talk to her best friend in the front seat. “You’re way too quiet.”

“Nothing,” she replied. “I’m fine. Just tired. Really.”

“Whatever.” Brianna knew she would find out whether or not Bianca was telling the truth.

Everyone sat in silence thinking of the night before. Finally Brian decided he couldn’t take the quiet anymore. “Y’all know what?”

“What?” Everyone responded only half listening.

“I’m really excited about the show tonight.”

“Me, too,” Nick and Kevin answered as Nick pulled into the parking lot of Sierra Suites.

“Do y’all wanna come up?” Brianna asked before opening her door.

“Sure,” the guys said. “Why not?”

*AT THE SAME TIME*

“So, Bone, you’re not upset that Nick is getting rather close to Bianca?”

“Why should I be?”

“Well, considering that a month ago you hated it when they talked I just thought maybe you still felt that way.”

“D, I’m over it. She’s not for me anyway,” he said honestly. “Besides, last night I met this really cute blonde. Her name is Cassandra.”

“Really? Is she the one I saw you dancing with last night? She was cute.”

“Yeah, she’s sweet too.”

“Are you gonna see her again?”

“Yeah. Actually, we have a date Friday night.”

*THE GIRL’S HOTEL ROOM

“I’m so nervous,” Bianca said flopping down on her bed beside Nick. Brian was stretched out on the couch and Kevin was lying on Brianna’s bed. Brianna was in the shower.

“That’s normal. But you’ll do great.” Brian tried to reassure her.

“I guess,” she replied closing her eyes. She was still tired from her birthday “party.”

The shower cut off and they heard Brianna moving around in the bathroom. “Okay, Bean. The shower’s yours,” she said as she walked into the bedroom.

“All right. I won’t be long.”

“No hurry,” Brianna said sitting down close to Kevin.

*2 HOURS LATER: AT THE VENUE*

“Omigosh! This place is huge! I never realized just how big,” Bianca said walking onto the stage with Brianna.

“Yeah, I know what you mean. I couldn’t do this if I wanted to. Let me get off this stage so you can rehearse.” The guys had been off talking with some of the venue workers and stage people about the show, so Bianca didn’t see Nick slip into a seat next to Brianna He slid down so she couldn’t see him.

“I thought y’all were talking about tonight,” Brianna said without looking at Nick. She knew he didn’t want Bianca to see him.

“We were, but I told them I was coming to watch Bean,” he answered. “I’ve only seen her sing in the studio.”

“Yeah, I know,” she said. As Bianca finished singing, Brianna asked Nick where Kevin was.

“Probably with Brian by the tour buses.”

“Okay, tell Bean where I went.”

Bianca saw Brianna walking the other way and figured she was going to look for Kevin. Humming the melody to her song, she sat down on the edge of the stage and looked around.

“I’m going to be up in front of thousands of people tonight and I’m expected not to be nervous,” she thought aloud.

“I know you’re nervous,” Nick said leaning forward. “I’m even a little nervous.”

“NICK!” Bianca gasped. “Don’t you ever scare me like that again! I thought I was alone.”

“I’ve been here since before Brianna left,” he said as he walked to the edge of the stage where she was sitting. “I couldn’t wait until tonight to hear you sing, so I decided to come see you now.

“Well,” she slipped her hand into his, “how was I? Be honest.”

“Awesome! It was perfect. I promise!”

“I’ll take your word for it, but I would hardly call it perfect. Hey, can I see my tour bus now?”

“Sure. C’mon. The guys are on ours and yours is right beside it.” Nick led her in the direction Brianna had gone earlier.

*AT THE SAME TIME*

“So this is Bean’s own personal tour bus?” Brianna said looking around. “It’s really nice.”

“Yeah,” Kevin answered. “It’s not as big as ours because it’s just you two.”

“She should be fine with that,” Brianna smiled moving closer.

“I’m sure she will; she’s an understanding person.” They moved in closer until their lips finally met.

“Ahem,” Bianca cleared her throat from behind them. “Am I interrupting anything? I wanna see my bus.”

“No, you’re fine,” Brianna answered a little annoyed. It seemed as though every time she and Kevin were alone enjoying the moment, they were interrupted. “They have perfect timing, huh?”

“It’ll be okay. We have to go rehearse now anyway,” he said kissing Brianna lightly on the lips. “Come on, Nick. We have to go. Let’s let the girls relax.”

”Be right there,” Nick yelled to Kevin. He heard him take Brianna outside. Just chill here for a while. You’re gonna do fine tonight.”

“Okay. You need to go before Kevin comes to get you. I’ll see you later.” Nick gave Bianca a kiss on the forehead and left. When Brianna came back to the bus she found her asleep.

“Girl, wake up!” she said nudging Bianca. “You can sleep after the show. Let’s talk.”

“What about?” Bianca asked squinting her eyes. Smiling she added, “I wouldn’t know where to begin.”

The two girls talked for about an hour and a half about everything from the guys to the show. They were both rolling with laughter when a woman walked onto the bus.

“Bianca?” she said to find out who was who.

“That’s me,” Bianca replied sitting up. What can I do for you?”

“My name’s Heather. I’m your stylist. It’s time for you to come get your outfit ready.”

“Okay. Come on, Brianna. You can help me pick something out.”

The two girls followed Heather, giggling the whole time about how she walked. “Okay. Here are your choices. Let me know when you decide,” she said rolling her eyes. “I’ll be outside if you need me.”

*AT THE SAME TIME*

“Omigosh, you’re my favorite Backstreet Boy!” a little girl screeched as she saw Brian. “Can I have your autograph?”

“Sure,” he smiled as he signed her T-shirt. After he posed for a picture he said, “Enjoy the show.”

They had their meet and greet to do before the concert instead of just after the concert. They always enjoyed it, but it was always the same thing: little girls screaming about how much they loved them.

A.J. heard someone call his name in a throaty voice. “Yeah,” he looked up surprised to see Cassie. “Hey, I didn’t know you were coming to the show.”

“Well, neither did I. My best friend had tickets and I didn’t know.”

“Yo! Who’s that?” Brian whispered to Nick. “I’ve never seen her before.”

“I don’t know,” he whispered back. “A.J. sure does seem--” Nick was interrupted by a fan asking for an autograph.

“That’s the girl he met at the club the other night,” Howie replied when he heard them.

“That’s who A.J. met?” Kevin asked walking over to them.

“That’s what I said,” Howie stated. “They have a date Friday, too.”

*SHOWTIME*

"What’s up, Orlando?” Kevin shouted enthusiastically into the mic. “Everybody doin’ alright?” Kevin’s questions were met with excited screams from the 35,000 spectators.

“This here,” Nick said over the screams and whistles, “is our opening act and very good friend, Bianca Parker. She’s gonna perform for you now, so show her some O-town spirit!”

“That’s right, guys. Show her some love!” Kevin patted Bianca on the back before he walked off the stage.

Nick pulled her in for a hug. “Blow ‘em away, baby,” he whispered before walking off stage. To the fans it was a simple good-luck hug, but to Bianca it meant much more.

*BACKSTAGE*

Kevin sat in an overstuffed chair with Brianna on his lap. The two were watching Bianca’s performance on the stage monitors.

“How’s she doing?” Nick asked coming up behind them.

“She’s doing so good!” Brianna answered starting to get up. Kevin pulled her back down and placed a kiss on her cheek as she snuggled against him.

“Kevin, we’re on in 10 minutes.”

“Sure. Are the other guys ready yet?”

“Almost,” Nick answered. “when they get out of the dressing room we’re lining up to pray.”

“Baby, I guess duty calls.” Kevin stood up and gave Brianna a kiss on the lips. “Remember, I’ll be singing to you,” he whispered softly.

The last line of Bianca’s final song was met with cheers of approval. She shouted her thank you’s and ran off stage to find Brianna waiting in the wings. “Girl, you were awesome,” she screeched.

“You really think so? It went better than I expected. Come on, let’s go get a snack and rest. We can watch the guys’ performance.”

The two girls giggled excitedly as the Backstreet Boys rushed onto the stage. Bianca heard Brianna gasp when a close-up of Kevin flashed across the screen. The rest of the show went by with Brianna and Bianca occasionally teasing each other about Kevin and Nick when they were on the screen.

Neither girl could believe when the show was over and the guys came walking back in. “So, how’d you like your first show?” A.J. asked as he opened a bottle of water.

“Scary as hell, but it was fun. I was only scared for the first few minutes, then I got over it.”

“What did you think of ours?” Brian asked.

“Yeah, baby. What did you think?” Kevin asked Brianna.

“It was okay, I guess.” Kevin gave her a funny look. “No, it was really good. I liked it.”

“I’m so tired. I’ve gotta go call mama as soon as we get back to the bus,” Bianca told Brianna.

“Yeah,” I know. Are you ready? We can go ahead and go back to the bus,” she said.

“Yeah,” Bianca said walking over to Nick. “Thanks for trying to keep me calm, even if I wouldn’t listen,” she whispered softly.

“Don’t worry about it, baby,” he said pulling her close and kissing her on the lips.

“Are the two love birds done?” Brianna asked with a grin. “Your mama will be asleep if you don’t come on.”

“Okay. Bye Nick. Bye guys,” she said following her best friend. “See y’all tomorrow.”

“Brianna, wait!” Kevin called after her.

“You go on to the bus and call your mom,” Brianna said to Bianca. “I’ll see what Kev needs and I’ll be there in a minute.”

Bianca nodded and walked towards the bus as Kevin jogged up beside Brianna.

“You didn’t say good-bye to me, baby,” Kevin said. Taking her hands, he pressed his lips against hers before she could say anything. Brianna could feel his body heat through his damp stage clothes. They both broke away breathless.

Still clinging to both her hands he asked, “Why don’t you spend tonight on my bus?” Kevin smiled at her with a gleam in his eyes that made her heart race. “Please? For me?”

“I want to, but I can’t leave Bean alone after her first show. I really wish I could go with you, though. Hey wait...baby, why don’t you stay on our bus?” With a sly smile she added, “Bianca won’t mind.”

Kevin laughed and said, “Go with me to change out of these clothes and tell the other guys where I’ll be.” Kevin pulled her towards the Backstreet bus.