- Text Size +
Bianca wondered what Brianna and Kevin could possibly be talking about that would take so long. She was still on the phone with her mom, but her mind had long drifted. A loud thud brought her back to reality.

“I’m back! Miss me?” Brianna said in her usual loud southern drawl. “And I’ve got company!”

Bianca spun around and pressed her finger to her lips to shush Brianna. Finish up the phone conversation with her mother she said with wide eyes, “Do you know my mom almost heard you? How would I explain two guys being with us?”

“Sorry,” Brianna said unapologetically. “Tell her they were both for me!”

“If it’s gonna get you in trouble, Bean, we’ll leave,” Nick said quietly.

“It’s okay. I just didn’t want her to hear you cause then I’d have to explain.”

“Bianca, do you mind if I use your shower?” Kevin asked. “I’m all sweaty from the show.”

“Sure, go ahead,” Bianca answered never taking her eyes from Nick. “Have you showered yet?”

“Yeah,” Nick replied. “Backstage while Kevin was throwing his stuff in a bag. What do you say we go watch some t.v. and just chill for a while?”

“I’d like that,” Bianca beamed. They walked to the entertainment room at the back of the bus hand in hand and closed the door behind them.

Brianna changed clothes quickly and laid down in one of the bottom bunks to wait for Kevin to get out of the shower.

********************************************************************

Brianna had been dozing when she felt Kevin slide into the bunk next to her. Shirtless and wearing only wind pants, his skin was still warm from the shower. Brianna inhaled deeply, taking in the scent of shampoo and shaving cream mixed with aftershave. She nuzzled against him, closing her eyes and letting him pull her into his arms.

“I could get used to this,” he whispered, kissing her earlobe. He put his hand underneath her tank top and rubbed her back. After a few minutes had passed, he spoke again. “Baby, do you know today makes a month since you walked into my life? And you’ve been the most important thing in it since.”

“Baby, that’s so sweet. I don’t know what to say.”

Kevin kissed her slowly on the lips. “All I want you to say is that you feel the same way about me. You’re precious to me, Brianna. I love you.”

“I love you too, Kevin,” she said softly. Kevin kissed her again, moving down to her neck. He tugged at the straps of her blue tank top, kissing her shoulders and down to the top of each breast.

“Baby, I hate to disappoint you, but I’m a virgin,” Brianna said bluntly.

“You mean you’ve never--”

“I mean, I want to be sure that the person I make love to is the person I’d be happy waking up to for the rest of my life.”

“That’s not disappointing, Brianna. I wish I could say the same thing. Now that I know you’re waiting, my biggest regret is that I didn’t, because you’re who I would’ve been waiting for.”

“I understand, Kev. I love you, anyway.”

Kevin lowered his head to Brianna’s neck and kissed her lightly. As he kissed her smooth skin, she entangled her fingers in his wet hair. His tongue tickled and she laughed.

Looking up at her, he grinned. His fingers tickled her mercilessly causing her to gasp for air.

“Stop! Stop!” she pleaded through her giggles. Kevin stopped and pulled her against him, her back tight against his chest and their legs tangled together. His arms circled her waist and her arms rested on top of his, covering his hands with her own. They both stayed this way the rest of the night exchanging tender kisses until the rhythm of the bus lulled them both into a heavy slumber.

*AT THE SAME TIME: IN THE ENTERTAINMENT ROOM

“It was so amazing,” Bianca grinned. “I loved it. Now I understand what you are telling me.

Nick squeezed her hand. “See, baby. I told you.”

“Yeah, well don’t get a big head just because you were right. That won’t happen very often,” she joked.

“Ha. Funny. Do you think you’ll always be right?” Nick asked with an amused smirk.

“No, baby. I know I will.”

“Oh, that’s it. Now you’re gonna get it!”

Bianca bolted from the couch as Nick walked towards her. She tried to get to the door to run to the kitchen, but Nick was faster. As soon as Bianca opened the door, he slammed it. “You’re not going anywhere,” Nick said playfully. He had Bianca pinned against the door as he stood staring into her eyes.

“Okay,” she whispered as she felt his hands move from her arms to her waist. “I’m not gonna go anywhere.”

“Good,” he replied moving closer. After what seemed like an eternity, their lips finally met.

As they kissed, Nick wrapped his arms tightly around Bianca’s waist and pulled her as close to him as he could. When the kiss ended, he looked her in the eyes. “Okay, you can be right. If that’s what I’ll get when I’m wrong, I don’t ever want to be right again.”

“I see your point,” she smiled. “Are you hungry?”

“A little. You?”

“I’m starving. Performing will make you so hungry,” she said taking Nicks hand and leading him to the kitchen.

*ON THE BACKSTREET BUS

“So, Bone, what’s her name? Where’s she from? Tell us about her,” Brian said between bites of his sandwich.”

“Who? Cassie?” A.J. asked with a smile. Without waiting for a reply he said, “She’s from West Palm Beach. She’s staying with a friend who lives in Orlando. She’s really sweet; I like her.”

“She does seem sweet. She’s a little quiet, though, Howie said looking at A.J.

“D, y’all don’t know her. She’s shy until she gets used to you, then she loves to talk. That’s what I like about her.”

“I think Bone has finally found himself a lady. Look at that goofy grin on his face,” Brian said poking Howie in the arm. “He’s got a major crush.”

They kept teasing A.J. until the finally decided to go to bed. “We’ve got a long day tomorrow,” Brian said; both A.J. and Howie agreed.

*BIANCA’S BUS*

“Bean?” Nick said lightly shaking Bianca, who had fallen asleep in his arms.

“Hmmm?” she replied without opening her eyes.

“Why don’t you let me help you get settled into a bunk? I’ll sleep on the couch.”

“No.” She opened her eyes. “We can fold out the couch. Both of us can sleep here.”

As much as he wanted to, he didn’t know if they should. He didn’t know if she was awake or just responding in her sleep. “Are you sure, Bean?”

“Umhmm. I don’t wanna sleep in a bunk. I’m fine here with you.”

Nick kissed Bianca softly on the lips and helped her up so he could fold the couch out. “Okay, baby,” he said climbing onto the couch.

Bianca climbed in beside him and snuggled into his arms. She let out a sigh as Nick rubbed her back. “Goodnight, Nicky.”

“Night, Bean,” he said kissing her forehead. He wanted to tell her he loved her, but thought it might be too early. He was scared of the reaction he might receive. Soon they were both asleep in each others arms.

*THE NEXT MORNING*

Brianna woke up wrapped in Kevin’s arms. He looked so peaceful that she decided not to wake him up. She kissed him lightly on the lips and got up to find Bianca. When she didn’t find her in a bunk, she decided to check the entertainment room.

Brianna peeped into the small room to find Nick and Bianca propped against the couch trading cozy kisses. “Sorry if I busted up anything. I just wanted to check on y’all and make sure everything was alright.”

“That motherly instinct kicking in again?” Bianca asked.

“I guess so,” Brianna said. “I’m going back to sleep.” Bianca put her head back on Nick’s chest and Brianna shut the door quietly. Making her way down the hall she snuggled back into the bunk next to Kevin.

Leaning against Kevin’s chest, she felt his big, strong arms circle her. He mumbled something about missing her and was asleep again before she could reply. She lie there thinking about her best friend and how lucky she was to have her.

Brianna was truly happy for Bianca and she hoped Bianca realized how much she was loved, not only by her, but by Nick and the rest of the guys as well. As those thoughts floated through her mind, Brianna fell asleep.

*LATER THAT DAY*

“The show last night was awesome,” Brianna said as she and Bianca waited for their lunch. This was the first time they’d had a chance to talk alone since before the show.

“You really think so?” Bianca asked smiling.

“Yeah, the guys were great and their opening act was okay for her first time performing,” she joked.

“Thanks. I love you, too.”

“I know. But seriously. You were really good. I told you that you could do it.”

“Thanks. Brianna, can I ask you a question?”

“Sure. You know you can ask me anything.”

“What do you think about Nick?”

“I think he’s really nice. “He’s fun to be around. He’ll definitely keep you laughing. Why do you ask?”

“I’m starting to like him a lot and I just wanted to know what you thought.”

“You two are cute together. In a way, you kinda match. I guess you compliment one another. Bean, just promise me you won’t rush into anything that you’re not ready to do too fast.

“You mean as fast as you and Kevin.”

A blush flashed across Brianna’s face. “What do you mean by that?”

“Well, last night Nick and I went to get sodas and we kinda heard you two. And I know you’re bad for falling head over heels in a really short time and Nick said Kevin is the same way...”

“I’ll be fine, Bean. But you do me a favor, okay?”

“Sure.”

“Nick really cares for you. I can see it in his eyes. Go with your heart this time and not with your head. If something feels right, just do it and don’t think through it first. Trust me.”

Before Bianca could reply. “Girl, we need to get you back to the arena so you can do soundcheck and everything.”

“Brianna?” Bianca spoke quietly.

When Brianna looked up, Bianca’s face broke into a huge smile. “I just wanted to say thanks for being my best friend.”

*AT THE SAME TIME*

Nick walked across the stage after their rehearsal exhausted Hearing someone run up behind him, he spun around only to be run down as the person leapt onto him.

“Rok, what the hell are you doing?” Nick asked from the floor.

“I didn’t get to talk to you earlier. I wanted to see how things went last night,” Brian said laughing. “Scared you, didn’t I?”

“No. And nothing happened last night. We talked and then fell asleep on the couch.”

“Oh, I see. So you slept together but you didn’t.” Brian never failed to make Nick laugh. “She should be back soon anyway to practice. As if on cue, they heard Bianca’s laugh behind them.

“Well, lookie here,” Brian said pulling himself up from the ground. “It’s B and B.”

Nick walked over and put his arms around Bianca’s waist and kissed her on top of the head. “Hey, baby.”

Jokingly, Brian did the same thing to Brianna. “Just kidding,” he told her. “Kevin’s in the back taking a shower.”

“Okay, thanks. I’ll go wait for him.” Brianna took off in the direction of the dressing rooms.

“We were about to go back to our bus and have some lunch. Wanna come?” Nick asked.

“Sure. I’ve already eaten, though.”

“That’s okay,” Nick replied. “He softly added, “Just as long as you’re there.”

*45 MINUTES LATER*

Bianca sat next to Nick and across from A.J. and Howie. “So,” she said, “are you looking forward to the show tonight?”

“Yeah,” Howie answered. “I love our shows; they’re so energetic.”

“I guess,” A.J. answered nonchalantly

“You don’t sound too excited,” Nick told him. “And you’re in the spotlight more than anybody.”

“Well, I just want tomorrow night to roll around.”

“Wait...what’s tomorrow night?” Bianca asked.

“I have a date with Cassie.”

“You should’ve been here last night. They were on the phone for hours,” Howie said laughing.

“How sweet,” Bianca said sincerely. “I know she’s looking forward to it.”

“Yeah,” A.J. answered. “Me, too. I still haven’t decided where I’m taking her. I want it to be somewhere nice. I’ll figure something out.”

Brian, who had been sitting alone, broke their conversation. “Guys, I hate to be a drag, but Bianca still has to do her soundcheck. Then we have to suit up and do our meet and greet. Some fans are already here.”

“You’re right,” Bianca said. “I guess I need to go find Brianna, too, and pull her and Kevin off one another. Didn’t you say he was in the shower, Brian?” He nodded.

The group left the bus to go get ready for the evening ahead and Bianca felt the butterflies in her stomach kick up again. Swallowing hard she threw herself into the dressing room to prepare for that nights show.