- Text Size +
*THE NEXT NIGHT*

A.J. and Cassie sat across from one another in a booth in a quiet little restaurant. They were giggling and just enjoying themselves.

“I’m having a really good time,” Cassie replied with a shy smile.

“Well,” A.J. began with a trademark grin, “you’re a lot of fun to be around.” They had been on a walk around the town and decided to have dinner, so they had a lot of time to talk.

“Where did you find this place? Everything’s so perfect. I’ve never been anywhere like this.”

“My mom and I used to come here to spend time together. We still do, actually. When she doesn’t come on tour with us, we’ll come here when I get back in town and just talk.”

“You and your mom must be really close,” she said looking into A.J.’s eyes.

“Yeah, I tell her everything. I love her a lot.”

“I can tell,” she smiled. Looking at her watch, she realized how late it was. “Damn, it’s really late and I have to work tomorrow. I’m sorry.”

“That’s okay. We have to leave tomorrow and go to Atlanta.”

“Oh,” she said a little sadly.

“Don’t worry, I’m definitely gonna be giving you a call tomorrow. We don’t have a show, so be expecting it.”

“Okay.” She smiled and placed her hand in his across the table.

“I’ll talk to you later,” he said as they stood up. A.J. slowly leaned in and kissed her tenderly on the lips. “Bye, Cassie.”

‘Boy, Cassie is definitely something else,’ he smiled thinking about the newest person in his life.

*AN HOUR LATER*

“Yeah, mama. I know. Okay. Yes. Love you, too. Bye.” Bianca slowly put the receiver down. “I love my mom, but I seriously don’t get it sometimes,’ she said aloud. She was on her bus alone waiting for Brianna, Kevin, and Nick. Her mother had just been giving her a talk about responsibility. She sighed in frustration as she heard the door to the bus open.

“Hey, what’s the matter?” Nick asked her with a look of concern on his face. “That’s not a good sigh.”

“I just got off the phone with my mom.”

“So, what’s up?”

“Well,” she began, “I don’t think she thinks I’ll be able to take care of myself. The fact that I’m on tour with five guys makes her uncomfortable.”

“Doesn’t she trust you?”

“Yeah, she trusts me, she just doesn’t want me, or Brianna for that matter, to end up getting hurt. She just tries to protect us, even though she can’t all the time.

“That’s normal, though. You’re her baby. You’re the baby of the family, too. Right?”

“Yeah, but what does that have to do with it?” Bianca asked confused.

“She’s trying to protect you for that reason. You’ve still got a certain innocence and she doesn’t want you to lose it.”

“I guess. Anyway, where are Brianna and Kevin?”

“Oh,” Nick remembered. “She wanted me to tell you that she was staying on our bus tonight. I’ll stay here if you want.”

“Okay,” she said smiling. “That sounds like a good deal to me.”

*BACKSTREET BUS*

“Hey, where’s Nick?” Brian yelled from the entertainment room to anyone who’d answer him.

“Where do you think he is? He’s not here, so he’s with Bianca,” A.J. replied walking into the entertainment room.

“Well, I didn’t know. Didn’t I see Kevin and Brianna here?”

“Yep.”

“That would mean Nick and Bianca are alone. Not good.”

“Why?” Howie asked.

“They’ll be fine,” Brianna said as she and Kevin joined the other three in the room. “They aren’t gonna do anything that’ll get them in trouble. They’ll probably be up all night talking. I’d be willing to put my money on it.”

“I know, it’s just, you know how it is when you’re just starting in a relationship. I mean, look at the two of you,” Brian joked as Brianna and Kevin both turned a lovely shade of crimson.

Brian continued, “I just think someone should be with them, that’s all.”

“Brian,” Brianna countered, “I could almost promise you that whatever they’re doing is completely innocent. Bianca’s not like that and I don’t think Nick is either.”

No one said anything and Brianna and Kevin resumed kissing. Everyone else was watching TV. and Brian’s thoughts went back to Nick and Bianca. He sure hoped Brianna was right.

Kevin stood up and took Brianna’s hand. “C’mon, baby. It’s late and I’m tired. You ready for bed?” Brianna got up and let Kevin pull her to the bunk. Before long, everyone on the Backstreet bus was fast asleep.

*3 HOURS LATER*

Nick was lying on Bianca’s couch thinking about...things. He was a member of the most popular band on pop radio, the most well-known member at that, and all he really had to do was travel the world with his four best friends and sing his heart out. His thoughts were interrupted when he heard Bianca get out of the shower.

She came walking in a few minutes later in her pajamas. When she set down beside him he scooped her into his arms and pulled her down on top of him. Nick kissed Bianca deeply and stroked her damp hair. She smelled so good.

Bianca put her head on his chest and took his hand. “What were you thinking about?”

“Just how lucky I was,” Nick replied. “And how happy you make me.” Nick pulled her in for another kiss and rubbed her back. Sitting up, he gently pushed her down on the couch and lay down on top of her.

Nick slid his hands under her shirt and Bianca flinched at how cool they were. As they kissed, Bianca’s hands settled on Nick’s waist. He moved his lips to her neck as his hands roamed her back. Bianca closed her eyes and her grip on Nick’s shirt tightened as his hands rubbed over her breasts.

They were interrupted by the ringing of the telephone. “No, baby. Don’t answer it,” Nick said between kisses.

“I have to,” Bianca said pulling herself out from under him. “Hello?” she breathed into the receiver.

“Hey.” It was Brianna. “Are you two okay?”

“We’re fine,” Bianca said. “Why do you ask? It’s like 3 a.m.”

“Sorry. Brian was talking earlier about you two being alone. I thought I’d just call and check.”

“I’m kinda glad you did,” Bianca said. “Things were getting kind of steamy over here.”

“Oh. You better watch it. Your mama would kill you and me both if she found that out. Does she even know you’re dating him?”

“No. She knows about you and Kevin, but not me and Nick.”

“Oh. I’ll let you go, then, if you’re okay.”

“Okay. Thanks for calling.”

“You're welcome. Bye.”

“Bye.”

When Bianca walked back into the entertainment room Nick was sitting up on the couch. “I’m sorry, baby.” he said. “I didn’t mean to push you. Let’s just enjoy being here for the rest of the night.” Nick held his arms open. Bianca let him hold her and they moved to the floor. Nick kissed the top of her head and they both fell asleep.

*THE NEXT MORNING: ON THE BACKSTREET BUS

Kevin awoke with a start as the curtain on his bunk was pulled back. Sunlight streamed into his eyes, causing him to squint. Kevin pulled the sheet over Brianna’s bare back and turned to see who had woke him up so early.

“Rise and shine, beautiful,” A.J. said in a happy tone. He just stood there grinning at Kevin.

“A.J., what the hell are you doing waking me up so early?”

“Early? Man it’s one in the afternoon. Sorry if I, uh, interrupted anything,” he said looking over at Brianna. The sheet Kevin had pulled over her didn’t cover her side and A.J. could tell she was naked. He gave Kevin a sly grin.

“I know what you’re thinking, A.J. We didn’t.”

“Oh,” A.J. said, his grin falling. “Have you forgotten about the conference for tomorrow’s show? It’s in 2 hours. Everyone’s ready except you.”

“Oh shit. I did forget. I’ll get ready now.” A.J. sauntered back to the entertainment room and Kevin rolled back over. He looked at Brianna sleeping soundly and wished he could stay there all day. He wanted to turn her head so he could see her face, but that would wake her up. Instead he kissed the smooth skin on her back tenderly and forced himself to get up and start his day.

*45 MINUTES LATER*

“Brianna! Get your naked ass up and put some clothes on!” Bianca shook her best friend violently to wake her.

“Bianca, damn it, I’m awake! Now stop shaking me before I’m forced to beat your ass! Where’s Kevin?” Brianna asked after she realized she had woken up alone.

“They had a press conference downtown today; won’t be back until later. Let’s go shopping!”

“Sure,” Brianna answered pulling the sheet around her and standing up. “I’m gonna go take a shower.”

LATER THAT DAY*

Brianna and Bianca, arms filled to the brim with shopping bags, strolled around the department store. Brianna stifled a yawn and Bianca looked at her. “What did you do last night that could possible make you so tired?” she asked sarcastically.

“Me and Kevin hung out with the guys and when we finally decided to go to bed we couldn’t sleep.”

“Yeah. Okay. That’s not very convincing.”

“We were just awake kissing and holding each other and talking about...stuff,” Brianna gushed.

“Aren’t y’all just revolting,” Bianca said with a laugh. “You two are too sweet.”

“You and Nick will be like that.”

“I hope so,” Bianca confided. “I want that. It sounds so...so...I don’t know.”

Brianna just smiled a knowing smile. “I know what you mean. I used to feel the same way. I think we’ve spent enough money for one day. Don’t you?”

“Sure. Let’s head back,” Bianca agreed.

*THAT NIGHT*

“What did you buy me?” Nick asked playfully upon returning to the Backstreet bus that night. He gave Bianca a peck on the cheek and took her hand.

“Not a damn thing,” Bianca said laughing. “Everything I bought is for me.” Nick faked a pout and pretended to be hurt.

Kevin jogged up the stairs, greeted Bianca and Kissed Brianna deeply. “Hey, baby,” he said, his lips only inches away from her own. He kissed her again.

“Hey,” she said as they both pulled away breathless.

“So,” Nick looked at Bianca. “You wanna stay here tonight.”

She couldn’t say no when she looked into his big blue eyes. “Sure. Do you mind Brianna? You and Kevin can take my bus if you want.”

“I don’t mind. Actually, it sounds like a great idea,” she said to Kevin playfully. “See you guys later,” she said as she and Kevin left the group.

“C’mon, baby,” Kevin said as he started walking faster. He took Brianna’s hand through her shopping bags and pulled her toward Bianca’s waiting bus.

Stepping onto the bus they fell into a bunk, kissing hungrily.

“No, baby. Wait,” Brianna said when Kevin pulled her shirt up. “I’ve got a surprise for you.” Standing up, she pulled him out of the bunk. “Wait for me in the TV. room. I’ll be right back.” Brianna grabbed one of the shopping bags from the pile and disappeared out the door.

Kevin was sitting on the floor with his back against the big-screen TV. when he heard her come back into the room. Opening his eyes, he looked her over. Her hair was swept up on top of her head with a few sexy tendrils framing her face. The midnight blue satin nightgown she wore hugged her body in all the right places and fell to just below her thighs. She walked over to Kevin and stood over him smiling. “I’m back,” she whispered.

Kevin ran his arms up her legs and pulled her down on his lap. “I see you were thinking of me when you went shopping,” he said between kisses. Rolling over on top of her, he pushed the thin straps off her shoulders.

Brianna moaned as Kevin’s hands inched up her gown and rubbed her body. “Baby, I have an idea,” he said in a voice that made her melt. “Why don’t we pull this up a little bit,” he asked as he slid the nightgown around her waist...

*ON THE BACKSTREET BUS*

“I’m scared to think about what Brianna and Kevin might be doing on my bus right now.”

Nick, lying beside her in the bunk, just laughed and kissed her neck. “Don’t worry, baby. They’re fine.” Kissing her lips, he drifted to sleep. Bianca wasn’t far behind.

*ON BIANCA’S BUS*

Brianna tangled her hands in Kevin’s hair and cried out at what he was doing to her body. His shirt was off and she could feel the muscles in his side against the calves of her legs. One of his hands had wandered up her gown and was massaging her breasts while the other held her waist.

Kevin’s tongue moved in and out of her body, rubbing gently against her. Brianna cried out at the sensation and Kevin bit down on the soft skin causing Brianna to scream once more. His fingers tightened their grip on her waist and he squeezed her breast tightly until she thought she couldn’t take any more.

Clenching her teeth together, Brianna tugged at Kevin’s hair and moaned loudly when Kevin’s tongue plunged deeper inside her. She didn’t know whether she should pull his head away, or press it closer against her. Pushing his head harder against her, she came with a scream and could still feel his tongue moving inside her. Her arms loosened their grip on his hair and dropped to her sides; her chest rose and fell rapidly.

Kevin removed his tongue and sucked roughly on the wet skin. Lifting his head up, he looked at Brianna; she looked exhausted. Moving up beside her, he kissed her neck. She rolled on top of him and started to unzip he jeans but he grabbed her hands. “No, baby,” he said shaking his head. “If we go there now, I won’t be able to stop you. And I want to make love to you somewhere other than the back of a tour bus.

Brianna just smiled and kissed him. He raised his knees, causing her to fall forward laughing. “I love you, Boo,” Kevin said as he put his arms around her.

“I love you too, Kevin,” Brianna said laying her head on his chest. Kevin rubbed her back until she fell asleep on top of him and then carried her to their bunk. Taking off his jeans, he crawled in beside her and fell asleep holding her.