- Text Size +
**Before The Show**

"Bean, are you okay?" Brianna asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she answered quickly. "I've gotta go get ready for the show."

"Alright. See ya later."

'How am I okay?' Bianca thought as she headed to her dressing room. 'I know a big, huge secret about my best friend and I can't tell her. Omigod, what am I gonna do?'

"Well, are you in a hurry?" someone's voice broke into her thoughts. "Are you gonna come speak to me before the show?" Nick walked over to her and slipped his arms around her waist.

"Yeah, I'm sorry," she said leaning in for a kiss. "I've just got a lot on my mind."

"Why don't you tell me and unload it all?" he offered sweetly.

"It's just stress from everything." She wanted so badly to tell him because, after all, he was her boyfriend, but Brian had trusted her with his secret, and she knew if he didn't tell Nick, she shouldn't either.

"Are you sure?" he asked staring intently into her eyes. Nick could tell something was bothering Bianca, but didn't want to bug her about it.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she said forcing a smile. "I'm tired, too. I promise, everything is okay."

"Well, I'm gonna go so you can get ready. See ya after the show," he kissed her before walking out of the dressing room.

"Hey, Nick, can I talk to you for a sec?" Brianna caught up to him on her way to find Kevin.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"It's about Bianca. Has she been acting a little weird to you? Kinda distant?" she asked.

"Yeah, actually, she has. I was talking to her just a few minutes ago, and she didn't seem at all like herself. She told me she's fine though, so I'm not gonna keep bugging her about it. I figured if it's something really bad, she'll tell me."

"I guess so; it just bugs me. Ya know?"

"Brianna," Nick began, "she's your best friend. I know she'll end up telling you. Then you can tell me," he smiled.

"Yeah, okay," she grinned. "I'll keep that in mind."

**Later That Night**

Everyone was sitting around Bianca and Brianna's hotel room, not really paying any attention to the movie on TV.

Kevin leaned down and kissed Brianna softly on the lips. "Baby, I'm gonna go take a shower."

"Alright," she smiled kissing him back. A few minutes later, Brianna broke the silence again. "You know what?"

"What?" Bianca asked looking away from the TV.

"Well, I was thinking that since Kevin's birthday is only in a couple of weeks, that we should plan something. A little get together, you know?"

"That sounds like a good idea," Howie replied.

"Yeah," A.J. smiled. "I think he'd like that."

"That's what I was thinking. I think we should do something during the day though," she grinned at Bianca. "I kinda have something planned for that night."

"That'll be good," Bianca smiled.

They continued talking and making plans about Kevin's birthday until he came back from his shower.

"I think I'm gonna head back to my room. Bean has an interview tomorrow, so I think we all should," he smiled.

"We'll leave in a little while. I wanna finish watching this," A.J. spoke for everyone since they had gotten interested in the movie.

"It's fine Kev. I'll make 'em leave in a little while," she said.

"Okay, do you wanna come with me?" he grinned at Brianna.

Without a word she waved to Bianca and quickly followed Kevin out the door.

Bianca looked at Brian to see his reaction and saw the hurt in his eyes. It was obvious that he really liked Brianna, but also felt terrible about her being his cousin's girlfriend.

"Well, I'm gonna go back and go to sleep. I'm worn out," he slowly got up. Before he left he mouthed "I really need to talk to you" to Bianca, who nodded, and walked back to his room.

Soon A.J. and Howie left too, and it was just Bianca and Nick lying on her bed.

"You know, being here with you is really nice, but baby I need to go to bed," Bianca said almost asleep.

"Okay, Goodnight," he hesitated for a minute, "I love you."

"I love you, too. Goodnight," she looked up at him and smiled and then kissed the tip of his nose. "See you in the morning."

**Kevin And Brianna's Room**

"Baby, what do you want for your birthday?" Brianna asked Kevin as they snuggled into bed together.

"Nothing, baby," Kevin said pulling her on top of him. "Just realizing how lucky I am is enough for me."

"But you have to want something! I mean, there's gotta be one thing."

"Okay...there is one small thing..." Kevin said kissing her gently. "I need to know that you love me as much as I love you and that I'm the most important thing in your life; just like you are in mine."

Brianna kissed Kevin and let her tongue slide between his lips. "Baby, you're all that and more," she kissed him again and took his face in her hands.

Kevin pulled the covers over their heads and tickled Brianna as she cried out in weak protest. Their laughter got louder and louder as they rolled around like children under the sheets.

**********

In his bedroom next door, Brian sat silent and listened to Brianna and Kevin's laughter. They were so happy and Brian felt so alone. He flipped off the light and slid into bed, trying to sleep with the couple's happy giggles ringing in his ears. Wiping away a tear, he closed his eyes and blocked out their laughing as he slipped off to sleep.

**The Next Morning**

Bianca woke up early and took a shower. As soon as she was out, she decided to call and wake Brianna up.

"Hello?" Brianna answered, obviously still asleep.

"Girl, get up. If you're gonna take a shower, you need to do it now," Bianca said quickly.

"Yeah, okay," Brianna said without enthusiasm.

"Now! Brianna, get your lazy ass up right now and take a shower. We have to leave in an hour. I'll be down in the restaurant getting breakfast," she half yelled into the receiver.

"Okay, okay. I'm up. Damn, have an attitude much?" she said. "I'll be down in about forty-five minutes."

"Alright, bye."

"Bye"

After hanging the phone up, Bianca looked around the hotel room, trying to decide what to wear. Finally, she got her clothes and went to change. After about twenty minutes, she was completely ready. Grabbing her purse, she walked to her bed and stood over Nick.

Bending down and kissing him, she told him, "Baby, I'm going down to wait for Brianna in the restaurant. It's about 8:30 and I have to be at the interview by 9:15"

"Okay, I'll see you when you get back," he se said before rolling over and going back to sleep.

**An Hour Later: At The Studio**

"What's up people? I'm Booger, and you're listening to the Hometown Countdown on Mix 97.7. Like I said earlier, I have three very special surprises for you and it's time to introduce them to you now. In my studio today I have the three reigning Pop Princesses: Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, and new-comer Bianca Parker!"

The sound of applause came with the push of a button and Bianca glanced nervously at Brianna, sitting with another DJ in the sound booth. Brianna smiled and waved at her best friend in encouragement.

"Bianca," Booger began, "how does all this feel to you? I know it probably takes some getting used to."

"Yeah, it does," she answered sweetly. "I mean, this time last year, I was just an average choir-girl hanging out with my friends, but now...wow! If anyone would've told me then that in a years time I'd be where I am, I would have called them crazy. But I love it. I wouldn't trade my fans for anything. They're so loyal."

"All of you have pretty loyal fans, right? I mean, they look up to you."

"Yeah," Britney chimed in, "It's neat to be a role model for so many people and know they look up to what you do."

Christina agreed. "Yeah. And it's nice to know that the harder you work the more they love you for it," she looked at Britney and smiled evilly.

Britney looked at Bianca and glared at her over the microphone. "All these people that just seemingly pop up from nowhere don't know how gratifying it is to really work for your popularity. And they're usually one-hit-wonders anyway." Christina giggled.

Bianca didn't reply, but refused to let herself flinch under the gazes of the two girls who were supposed to be her peers. Brianna shot Britney and Christina a gaze full of hatred from the sound booth.

Booger, noticing the tension between all the girls, decided to end the interview there. "Well, thank you all for being here. Let's get to the number two song on the countdown. It's "Without You" from Bianca Parker."

Bianca turned and beamed at Brianna while Christina and Britney laughed behind her. Brianna just rolled her eyes at them.

When they met up in the hall seconds later, Brianna gave Bianca a tight hug. "This is so cool!" Bianca exclaimed. "Our guys are number one, I'm number two. It's perfect! I can't wait to tell Nick! Those two stupid sluts didn't even bother me!"

"Don't let them bother you. Bitches. Listen, I need to go pick up a couple of things for Kevin's birthday. I think we're just gonna spend the night in. Do you want to go with me or would you rather take the limo back to the hotel and I'll call a cab? If you don't wanna be recognized."

Giggles from behind them kept Bianca from answering. Britney and Christina came around the corner and stopped to look at Bianca and Brianna.

"Are you two having fun running around America with your little Backstreet Boys?" Christina asked in a mocking tone.

"Yeah," Bianca answered defensively.

"Well," Britney said, "they've always been talent less, why should their opening act be any different?" she looked over at Christina.

Bianca stepped forward towards the two girls, but Brianna took her arm. "They're not worth your energy, Bean. You don't need to risk ruining your rep on trash trying to make you paranoid." They turned and started to walk away, but Britney and Christina stayed right behind them.

"Y'all do know," Christina started again, "that all you are to Nick and Kevin are whores. And when this tour is over, they'll find two more."

Brianna stopped and spun around. "What did you say?"

"I said that Jive Records is only paying for Backstreet's personal sluts."

Christina was quieted by Brianna's fist connecting with her nose. The loud pop seemed to echo through the halls before Bianca gasped. Christina stumbled and fell backwards as blood dripped from her nose and lips. "Stupid bitch," Brianna said, looking down on her.

"I can't believe you did that!" Britney screeched as she jumped up and slapped Brianna, stunning her momentarily. The two girls started hitting each other and Bianca was unable to do anything to stop them. Their fight was a blur of hair-pulling and punches as their bodyguards came to pull them apart.

Getting them up and separated, the guard spoke to all of them. "Girls, there are fans down there who are waiting for you. What are they going to think when you walk through the crowd with bruises?" He was met with silence. "What happened here goes no farther? You never fought here today, understood? Britney, if management finds out you and Christina started this..."

"Us?"

"We heard the interview. And I'm sure Jive did, too. You and your friend could be in serious trouble."

Bianca just snickered as she and Brianna were pulled through the crowd to her limousine. Brianna wondered what Kevin would say when he got back.