- Text Size +
*THE NEXT MORNING*

"Wake up! We're gonna be late!" Brianna yelled while throwing articles of clothing at Bianca. They had less than an hour to get ready and be at the Jive studios.

"Just a few more minutes and I'll get up," Bianca said rolling over and covering herself with the blankets.

"Bianca, get your lazy ass up now! We don't have a few more minutes. If you don't get up now, we are going to be really late. You don't want to give the people at Jive, especially not the Backstreet Boys, a bad impression. So get the hell up!" Brianna threw more clothes at Bianca.

"What time is it?" Bianca asked sleepily.

"11:45. Now, get up!"

*ONE HOUR LATER*

"I can't believe we aren't gonna be late," Brianna said parking her black Honda Accord in the parking lot across the street from the Jive Studios.

"I can," Bianca said checking her make-up one last time. She couldn't wait to see again.

Brianna, on the other hand, couldn't wait to see Kevin again. She had been awake most of the night thinking about him. She remembered his intensely beautiful green eyes that he had looked her over with the day before.

*AT THE SAME TIME*

"I'm really glad they signed Bianca. She's really cool," A.J. said looking out the window as the approached the Jive Records Studio in their van.

'Yeah, me too,' Nick thought at the smiling at the thought of seeing Bianca again.

"What's the matter, man?" See someone you like out there?" Brian asked nudging Nick in the arm when he noticed the grin on his face.

"Nothin', um, just thinkin'," he said blushing slightly.

"Well, Bianca's nice and all, but I'm more interested in getting to know Brianna a little better. I like it that she's Bianca's best friend because that means she'll more-than-likely come along for the tour," Kevin said watching as the driver pulled up to the curb to let them out.

"Look, here come the lovely ladies now," A.J. said waving at Brianna and Bianca.

*AT THE SAME TIME*

"Hey, there are the guys," Bianca said, returning A.J.'s greeting.

Brianna watched with anticipation as the five guys got off the van one by one. Howie was the first off, followed by Brian. Nick wasn't far behind and, surprisingly, he wasn't carrying a comic book. She heard Bianca's breath catch as A.J. stepped onto the ground. He had changed his looks since yesterday, much to Bianca's delight. His hair was now blonde and he wore a pair of baggy jeans and a simple white t-shirt. Finally Kevin emerged and it was Brianna's turn to gasp. H was wearing a pair of khaki cargo pants and a tight black button-up shirt. His hair stood up as if he had just run his fingers through it. His stubble was only an addition to his sexiness.

"Hi, ladies," A.J. greeted them. "How are the two prettiest girls in Orlando doing on this beautiful June day? (authors note: I don't know if the Jive Studio is in Orlando or not, but for the sake of this story it is.)

"Hey. We're great," Brianna replied smiling at Kevin. "What about y'all?"

"We're good. Well, we should get going or everywhere good to eat will be full," Kevin said taking Brianna by the hand and leading her down the street. He signaled for the others to follow.

Brianna's heart was racing, but it all felt so right. She liked the fact that Kevin made the first move. It made things a little more comfortable for her. While walking, she didn't say a word, but only squeezed his hand which let him know that she was happy with his actions.

"I'm really starting not to care where we eat. I'm too hungry to care," Howie said rubbing his tummy. "My stomach isn't growling anymore. Now it's roaring," he said laughing.

"All right, where does everyone want to eat? Howie, we know you don't care," Brian said turning around to face everyone with his hands in the air.

Responses of 'I don't care' and 'me, either' came from the group.

"Well,...no, never mind," Brianna stopped.

"No, where do you want to go, Brianna? There must be someplace you have a craving for." Kevin looked at her sweetly.

"Yeah, speak now or forever hold your peace," Brian said with that cute, doofy-looking grin.

"Well, let's try the Hard Rock Cafe," she said looking to everyone for their reaction.

"Hey, sounds good to me," A.J. said as he slipped his arm around Bianca's shoulders.

*20 MINUTES LATER*

As the seven new friends waited for their food, they began to chat aimlessly about themselves.

"So, how old are both of you?" A.J. asked smiling coyly.

"Well, I'm 20," Brianna said turning to Kevin with a smile. "But Bianca is 17, about to turn 18. In fact, she'll be 18 in about a month. Isn't that right, Bean?" she said kicking Bianca under the table. "Stop drooling into your coke or it will go flat."

"Yeah, my birthday's coming up soon. And I wasn't drooling," Bianca said rubbing her leg. "So, how old are all of you?"

A.J. answered, "I'm 21, B-Rok is 24, D. is 25, Kevin is 27, and Nick is 19." He looked at each of the guys as he told their ages.

There was a lull in the conversation and everyone looked around the table nervously.

"If my damn food doesn't hurry up..." Howie said hungrily.

Brian thought of how he shouldn't have stayed up to finish watching the basketball game last night as he yawned.

'She's really pretty,' Nick thought, 'but she seems to only want to talk to A.J.' He gazed at Bianca across the table.

'I wonder if I should ask her out for Friday night,' Kevin though staring longingly at Brianna.

'Damn! He is so sexy,' Brianna thought about Kevin excitedly.

A.J.'s eyes locked with Bianca's and for no apparent reason, they both burst out laughing.

'She has a sexy laugh,' A.J. realized. 'I like a girl who can laugh.'

'I could get lost in those eyes,' Bianca imagined.

Everyone’s thoughts were interrupted as food was placed on the table. Howie grabbed his hamburger and the table was quiet again as everyone enjoyed their long-awaited meal. "I'm really glad you recommended this place, Brianna" he said between shovels. "The food is really good."

"Yeah, I like the rock stuff, too," she replied. Do y'all know they actually have one of Nirvana's gold records here?"

"Yeah, I love Nirvana," Nick said looking at Brianna.

"They were a really good band until Kurt Cobain offed himself," she said with a laugh.

"Yeah," Nick agreed, fumbling with his fork and averting his eyes from everyone. "Guys, I don't really feel all that good."

"What's wrong, Nicky? Your mad cow disease acting up again?" A.J. asked jokingly as he took another chomp off his burger.

"You know what, A.J.? You're really not funny. I don't appreciate your humor."

"Okay, guys." Looking at Brianna and Bianca nervously Howie said, "Sorry about them. They just don't know when to stop. So, let's turn the attention back to you."

"Is that good or bad?" Brianna asked flashing a friendly smile. Howie had never talked directly to her before because he was so shy. Brianna hoped that would change because she could already tell that Howie would make an awesome friend. After all, he did love to go out clubbing.

"Do you guys have someone special waiting for you back home?" A.J. was always up for asking questions like that. Where there was a woman, A.J. always had a friend.

"I don't have anyone 'special' waiting for me at home," Bianca said staring directly at A.J. He couldn't hide his grin.

"Me either," Brianna said as she threw a sexy grin at Kevin. When he looked at her she couldn't help thinking about how she could get lost in those piercing green eyes of his. "Actually, I was hoping to meet that special someone on this tour. We'll just have to see how my luck goes." She hoped Kevin understood what she was not-so-subtly implying.

Bianca sat staring at Brianna and Kevin. 'If she gets anymore obvious, she's gonna come off lookin' like a ho,' she thought about her best friend. She didn't dare say this out loud. She didn't thing Brianna was trying to be a slut or anything, it was just that she was just way more outspoken with guys that Bianca was and she didn't understand how Brianna could come off sounding do sure of herself. 'She can do whatever she wants,' Bianca thought again. 'I just don't want her to get hurt, because it won't be them that'll see her cry then. It'll be me.'

"So, Bianca," A.J. ventured again, "are you as hopeful as your friend here that you'll find Prince Charming on the road?"

"I don't know. I'm kinda the opposite of Brianna. I just figure I'll find Prince Charming when I'm supposed to."

"That's a really great way to look at things. You have to remember to have a positive attitude," Nick said speaking his first words of conversation to Bianca. He was even able to manage a smile, but the minute the words escaped his mouth he regretted speaking them. 'I came off sounding like a total faggot,' he thought to himself. 'And on top of that, I had to sound so damn chipper when I said it!'

After Howie finished stuffing the last few french fires in his mouth, he glanced around the table. "Is everybody ready to go?"

"I'm ready whenever y'all are," Brian answered.

"Well, before we go, there was something I wanted to ask you, Brianna, and you too, Bianca. I was wondering if you would be interested in spending some time at Disney World. Since I used to work there I can get us in for free. A friend of mine runs the gate. I mean, if you want to go."

Brianna beamed at the thought of spending all day walking around Disney World with Kevin Richardson. Just picturing the two of them riding the rides and acting like little kids made her happy. "I'd love to, Kevin. I think we'd all have fun," she answered reaching down to give his hand a playful squeeze. "How about you, Bean? You up for it?"

"Sure," Bianca replied. "But just to warn you, I ride all the scary rides."

A.J. decided that the time for playful flirting was over. "That's cool, baby, but only if you ride all of them with me." Bianca was shocked by his straight-forward remark and all she could do was stare at him and nod her head in approval.

"All right then, everybody. Let's go!" Kevin exclaimed, beaming that ever-sexy smile that he seemed to wear so well.

*10 MINUTES LATER*

"Okay, people, how are we gonna ride?" Brianna asked with a laugh. Between Bianca and herself, she was the ring-leader; always trying to find a logical solution to everything. "Did you want us to all ride in the van, or do Bean and I need to take my car?"

"Actually," Kevin said, "why don't A.J. and I ride with you and the other guys can ride in the van. You didn't really want to leave your car here, did you?"

This was exactly the response that Brianna and Bianca had hoped for. With one quick glance at each other, they both replied "SURE!"

"Great," A.J. said. "I got shotgun!" One quick glance from Kevin changed that. "Just kidding," he said after noticing Kevin glaring at him. "How about I sit in the back with Bianca."

"That's better," Kevin laughed as he crawled into the passenger seat. "You can just follow the van. The driver knows where he's going."

*AT THE SAME TIME*

"I love the way that bone and Cousin Kevy just ditched us for two girls," Brian grumbled as he boarded the van. "I can see what my day's gonna be like already. A.J. and Kevin have two gorgeous ladies to introduce to Mickey, and I'm gonna be stuck riding the teacups with you," he joked as he playfully slapped Nick on the back of the head.

"Stop, man. I'm not in the best mood right now," Nick told his best friend.

"What's the matter, man?" Brian was concerned for his best friend. He hadn't been acting like himself today.

"Nothing, it's just..."

"Tell me!"

"Well, I hoped this would never happen, but that girl A.J.'s hitting on...Bianca...I kinda like her..."

"That could be a major problem. You know A.J. has a way with women. He always knows the right words to say. Always compliments them on their outfit, their hair, something. I mean, pretty much all he has to do is look at them with those eyes that girls seem to think are so sexy and-"

Brian was cut short by an exasperated sigh from Nick. "You know, now I understand why you're my best friend. It's cause you always seem to cheer me up so much when I need you," he said sarcastically. "What do you think, Howie?" When Nick didn't get a response he turned around. Howie was casually staring out the window with his walkman over his ears. Nick picked them up and let them go so that they slapped him against the head.

"You're the Latin Lover of the group. What do you think?" asked Nick.

"I think I'm gonna stay the hell out of your girl problems," he replied placing his head phones back over his ears and waving at Brianna's car behind them. Nick sighed and leaned back in the van's plush seat. This was gonna be a long day.