- Text Size +
"What the HELL are you doing?" everyone turned to see Cassie staggering toward A.J. and Brianna. "Get your fucking hands off of him!"

"Cassie, what are you doing?" A.J. took her arm as his face turned crimson.

"No! A.J., what are YOU doing?!" she drunkenly shouted. Turning to Brianna, she said very angrily and very loudly, "You seem to be getting very cozy with A.J., don't ya think? What's with you and Kevin? Were you such an easy fuck that he's moved on and now you're letting A.J. have a try?"

Cassie's face was met by Brianna's hand. "Why did you come here? A.J.'s been worried and I was just being a friend. You haven't been here all day, so why now?" Brianna replied trying to control her anger.

Bianca put a hand on her best friend's arm but was soon shrugged off. "You know, I really don't understand how you could be with A.J. I know he's never seen the Bitch we're all seeing right now. Damn, you had him fooled, but if he would have known what you're really like, he never would've given you a chance!"

"Cassie," A.J. stayed calm, "why are you here? And how did you get here?"

"Oh, I'm here for the party. Isn't that what this is?"

"Well since you seem to be drunk, how did you get here?" he repeated slowly, as if talking to a child.

"Oh, I got a ride," she stated as if it were the most obvious answer in the world.

"Who gave you a ride?"

"I did," a familiar voice came from behind Cassie.

"Why the hell are you giving Cassie a ride?" A.J. asked Chris Kirkpatrick.

"Well," Chris began with a tone of arrogance, "since she's been with me all day, ya know, I thought it would be nice of me."

A.J. looked at Cassie with a look of hurt. "You've been with him all day?! Do you know how many times I've called and paged you?"

Cassie smirked and pulled her pager from her purse. "Too many times."

Chris walked over and slipped his arms around Cassie's waist. "We were too, umm, occupied, if you know what I mean." To add emphasis he leaned down and kissed her neck.

All in one move, Chris was knocked to the floor and A.J. was standing over him.

"A.J.!" Brianna and Bianca screamed simultaneously.

"Get out! Both of you get out!" A.J. was outraged. "Cassie you can get your stuff, no, on second thought, I'll have your shit mailed to you."

Cassie helped Chris off the floor and walked over to A.J. She tried to slap him, but he grabbed her wrist. "Ouch, A.J. please, you're hurting me," she cried out as he squeezed harder.

"It hurts? Well, imagine that a thousand times over," he dropped her wrist and took a deep breath. "That's what my heart feels like."

Turning to the guys he said, "I'm gonna head home now."

Cassie was completely unsympathetic as A.J. walked to the door. Howie stopped him as Brianna stepped up to Cassie. "How could you do this to him?"

Cassie kinda shrugged and gave Brianna a once over. "I figured you'd be easy enough so he wouldn't need or care about me. I mean, when you hang all over him like you expect something, then what good am I?"

Brianna reached to slap Cassie again, but Kevin put his hands on her shoulders before she could act. Instead she spoke in short, measured sentences so she wouldn't get any angrier.

"A.J. loved you, Cassie, and you had no reason to think that there was anything going on with us. I just can't believe that anyone could be so fucking low; not even you." Brianna was inching closer and closer to Cassie until Kevin tightened his hold.

"Look, why the hell should you care? A.J.'s life is none of your business," Cassie rolled her eyes. "You don't have to worry anymore because I'm leaving. My main reason for coming on this trip was to break it off with A.J.," looking at A.J. she continued coldly, "Do you know how hard it was to enjoy my time with Chris when I was getting a page every 15 minutes?"

"I can imagine," A.J. replied just as coldly. "Just leave already, Cassie. I don't even want to look at you. The sooner you go, the better off I'll be."

"Don't worry, I'm leaving. I can't stand to stay here much longer," she grabbed Chris's hand and headed toward the door.

Everyone stood quietly not knowing what to do or say.

"What's everybody waiting for?" A.J. shouted. "The Bitch is outta my life; let's party!!!"

Slowly, things started getting back to normal. After a while it seemed like nothing had even happened, except A.J. knew it had. He kept smiling and dancing, but deep in his heart he was longing for well deserved answers.

**Later**

The party had finally died down and the only people left were Brianna, Bianca, the guys, and Kevin's mom and brothers.

"Well, I'm gonna head out," Howie said checking his watch. "I'm beat. Happy birthday Kev."

"Yeah, I'm gone, too," A.J. agreed. He'd had a long day. "Happy birthday Train."

"Thanks," Kevin said. "Bye guys."

"Well, sweetie, we should go, too," Anne hugged her son. She quickly glanced at Brianna and replied, "It was a lovely party."

"Thanks," Brianna remarked glumly. "I worked really hard to make sure Kevin enjoyed it."

"Darlin', when you take Brianna and her friend home, you can come back to the hotel for a while," she smiled warmly at him.

"Umm, mama, they're staying at my house with me," he told her.

"Oh," she gave him a disapproving look.

"No, baby, it's okay. Bianca drove my car and she wants to leave with Nick, so I'll just go back to your house," Brianna spoke up. "Go spend some time with your mom and Tim and Gerald."

"Are you sure, baby?" he turned and looked at her. She nodded. "Yep, now go. I love you," she smiled and gave him a long, slow kiss.

"I love you, too, baby," he smiled. "C'mon, I'll take y'all back to the hotel."

Okay, I'm gonna head back to Kevin's. I'll see ya later, Bean," Brianna said walking to her car.

"Okay, bye," Bianca called. Turning to Nick she questioned, "Are you ready, baby?"

"Yep. We'll see ya later Rok," he wrapped his arm around Bianca's shoulders. "C'mon cutie."

"Bye Brian," she smiled.

"Bye y'all. Don't get into any trouble," he grinned. "I'd watch where you let him but his mouth, Bean."

She glanced back and Brian and grinned. He could make out the words she was mouthing, "His mouth isn't coming anywhere near me."

With that, Brian laughed and climbed into his Jeep and headed home.

**A.J.'s House**

A.J. sat in his dark living room feeling completely alone. He had no idea why or how Cassie could do this to him. He loved her so much, and she broke his heart.

Looking down at the photograph in his hand, he let the tears flow freely down his cheeks.

The photo was of them not long after they had met. A.J. was standing behind Cassie with his arms around her waist with hers resting on top of his and his chin resting on her left shoulder. They were both grinning and extremely happy.

"What went wrong?" he quietly sobbed to himself. "I just don't understand.

**Anne's Hotel**

Kevin, Anne, Tim, and Gerald walked into Anne's hotel room and sat down in the living area.

"Kevin, sweetie, can we talk?" Anne asked.

"Yeah, mama," he answered. "What's up?"

"C'mon, Tim, we need to leave now," Gerald stood up and headed to the door.

When they were gone Anne turned to face Kevin. "Happy birthday, sweetheart."

"Thanks mama."

After much debate, Anne decided to just come right out and tell Kevin what was on her mind. "I really don't care for Brianna."

"Excuse me?" he questioned, hoping he had heard her wrong.

"She just doesn't seem right for you. I think-"

"Mama," Kevin began, "she's right for me. That's something you don't have to worry about."

"Kevin-"

"No, don't. Mom, I'm happy. Can't you be happy for me?" he asked a little angry. "Look, I should get going."

"Kevin, it's just-"

"Bye mama. I'll see you before you leave tomorrow. Tell Gerald and Tim I said goodnight," he quickly kissed her cheek and left.

**Nick's House**

"Are you happy the tour's starting again next week?" Bianca questioned snuggling close to Nick on his living room couch.

"I guess," he shrugged. "I'll miss home, but I love to travel."

"Um hmm," she responded quietly.

After a few minutes, Nick looked down and saw that Bianca had already fallen asleep in his arms.

"I love you," his kissed her forehead tenderly and moved so she could lie on the couch.

**Kevin's House**

Brianna changed clothes and brushed her hair and teeth when she decided to call A.J.

She didn't think he was gonna answer, but just when she was about to hang up she heard a weak voice.

"Cassie?"

"A.J.?" she asked, her voice full of concern. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," he sighed, unconvincingly.

"You don't sound fine to me. You sound like you could use some company," Brianna said quietly.

"I miss her so much," he began sobbing once again. "Why did she do it, Brianna? I loved her so much and she did this to me."

"Baby, she didn't know what she had," Brianna answered quietly. "It will hit her and she'll miss you."

"No, she won't... She's got a free fuck without the commitment. Why would she miss me if she doesn't have to worry about anything other than herself?"

Brianna could feel the tears form in her eyes. "A.J., I know you loved her, but she didn't deserve someone as good as you. And you need somebody that really loves you and wouldn't hurt you the way she did."

"But I really thought she felt the same way about me."

"Sweetie, I believe Cassie did love you, but she was selfish and didn't know what she wanted," Brianna was beyond being angry at Cassie.

"Thanks," A.J. sighed, "I need to go. I just need sleep."

"If you need someone to talk to, I'm here," Brianna said quietly.

"I know. Thank you. Bye Brianna."

"Bye."

**A Little Later**

Kevin walked into his house and found Brianna asleep on the couch.

"Boo," he shook her gently. "Darlin', get up and come to bed."

"Kevin?" she opened her eyes.

"C'mon baby, let's go to bed," he pulled her up and led her toward the stairs.

"I wasn't expecting you back for a while," she replied.

"Well, mama and the guys have to be up early so I thought I'd let them get some sleep," he told her.

"Oh, okay," she yawned. "Happy birthday, baby," she kissed him.

"Thank you, Boo. I've had a wonderful birthday."

**The Next Day: Howie's Place**

"Okay, come on Ivy. Pick up," Howie pleaded as the phone continued to ring.

"Hello?" came the voice he'd been dying to hear.

"I-Ivy?" he suddenly became nervous.

"Howie?"

"Yeah. How are you?"

"Pretty good," she answered. "I was just cleaning up around the house."

"Well, I was just wondering if I could take you out to lunch? Today maybe? I-umm-I have to go out of town on business and I leave tomorrow," he asked, hoping she'd say yes.

"That, umm, that's not a good idea. I'm sorry, I have to go," Ivy answered quietly.

"No, wait-," he tried to say something, but she had already hung up.

"Damn," he thought to himself. "I've got to figure her out."