- Text Size +
During the car ride to the theme park, A.J.'s hand kept 'accidentally' brushing against Bianca's hand. When she looked at him, all he could say is "It's just that these Honda's are so damn small." She laughed at his excuse and, slyly moving a little closer to him, replying "Yeah, I know what you mean."

In the front seat, Kevin and Brianna were quiet. Brianna didn't know what to say to him. Two weeks ago, she was a nobody from North Carolina, and now she had two Backstreet Boys riding around in her car. That was a little hard to comprehend, but the hardest thing to grasp so far was the fact that Bianca was a major-label singer now. She was going for-real on tour with the five finest guys in America.

"So...” Kevin spoke for the first time since being in the car.

"Yeah?"

"Are you two living down here now?" he asked looking over at Brianna.

"Kinda. We're in a hotel for the moment. We decided that we weren't going to make any major decisions concerning that until we were sure about where Bean's audition would take her."

"What are you going to do now that she was signed to Jive?"

"Now, we have to start thinking about what we're gonna do." she replied.

"Personally, I would love it if we would just pack up and move down here," Bianca replied staring at the road ahead. "Hotel rooms get so damn expensive after a while."

They could see the gates of Disney World looming ahead and all conversation about living arrangements were ceased.

A.J. was worse than a little kid looking out the windows and talking about all the things he was going to do once he got inside. Bianca was just as enthused as he was. After all, she had never been there and she was excited. And the fact that A.J. was going to be her expert escort didn't disappoint her.

****5 Minutes Later****

As they all crowded around the entrance to the park, Kevin stepped to the front of the line. "Can I see Mitch, please?"

"Sure," the girl running the ticket booth replied. In shades, and a big Kentucky floppy hat, Kevin was hardly recognizable. He had grabbed them off the van before getting into Brianna's car.

Just then a tall, older guy came to the window. He looked to be in about his mid-30's and he had a very friendly face. "Can I help you?"

"Mitch, hi. It's Kevin," he said pulling down his shades. "What's been going on?"

"Not much, Kev. I haven't seen you in a while. Been busy touring the world?"

"Kinda," Kevin answered. "Listen, we've got these lady friends, new recruits from Jive, and we wanna hook 'em up for a day. You know, show them a good time. The girls have never been here and it would make them really happy." He put his arms around Brianna's waist and pulled her closer. "Favor for an old friend?"

"Sure thing," Mitch answered. "Come on through." With the push of a button, the bar raised and the group was allowed to walk into the park.

"Thanks, Mitch. I really appreciate it." Kevin told the man.

"Don't think anything of it. Just have a good time." With that said he looked over at Brianna, winked at Kevin and disappeared back into the booth.

"So what are we gonna ride first?" Brain asked looking eagerly in the direction of Space Mountain.

"Let's just start at Space Mountain," Brianna said, noticing Brian's eager expression. She had her own excitement in mind, also. Her stomach fluttered at the thought of flying through the dark depths of 'outer space' with Kevin behind her.

Bianca, on the other hand, didn't know what to think. A.J. really made her feel good and she liked him, God knows she did, but his boldness threw her off. She wasn't used to a guy being so blunt with her and she didn't know how to react. She never knew what to expect and that scared her.

Nick stood behind the four new buddies taking in the situation. 'Okay, so Brianna and Kevin just automatically hit it off. They're tight. And A.J. is shamelessly throwing himself at Bianca and she's obviously enjoying it. And no matter how much I hate it, I can't do a damn thing about it.' Nick sighed loudly. Bianca didn't seem to notice Nicks discomfort as A.J. put his arms tightly around her shoulders.

"After Space Mountain we'll strike out on our own," Howie told Nick, sensing his friend’s exasperation. "Me, you, and Brian will leave the four 'lovebirds' alone."

Howie's sarcastic comment was met by sharp looks from Kevin and Bianca. No matter how much Bianca liked A.J., she just couldn't jump into something she was unsure of. And Kevin, even though he had only just met her, felt strongly for Brianna and didn't want to scare her off by moving too fast.

****5 Minutes Later****

After waiting patiently in line for five minutes, the seven eager friends were finally allowed to board the ride.

"Yeah! It's about time! I couldn't have waited any longer!" Brian exclaimed sounding like a little kid let loose in a candy store.

"Brian, we only had to wait for five minutes," A.J. said laughing and looking back at the three behind him. He noticed he was getting a hateful glare from Nick. "What's the matter, man," A.J. asked with a grin. "Your 'condition' acting up again?"

Nick's face turned red as he started to answer loudly. "You know what, A.J.? Just shut up and leave me alone. You know that I don't feel well. I'm gonna go find a bench and just sit there for a while. Have fun. Brian, Howie, y'all can find me when the ride is over," he said walking off.

'I've had enough of him,' he thought sighing. He hadn't wanted to act so immature, but he was just so tired of always getting picked on by the other guys, especially A.J. and in front of pretty girls, too. Just because he was the youngest boy of the five, it didn't mean he wasn't grown. A.J. needed to realize that he wasn't the same little boy he was when he joined the group.

"You know, I kinda feel sorry for Nick," Bianca said as she and A.J. climbed into the ride. "He seems to be so down."

"Don't feel sorry for him. He just wants attention," A.J. replied, laughing.

"Yeah, but still..." Bianca ventured on, "this is supposed to be the happiest place on earth and I hate that he's sulking around feeling so icky."

Just then the ride lurched forward, the lights dimmed, and the riders began their ascent into the sky. Bianca took in all the stars as they flew by her at warp speed in the dark. As she looked ahead she could barely make out the outlines of Kevin and Brianna in the car ahead of them.

****At The Same Time****

Brianna leaned back in her seat as the ride started to gather speed. She glanced around and then turned to look at Kevin in the seat behind her. She found him gazing up at the simulated sky above them almost like he was dreaming. The pale green light reflected off his chiseled features and illuminated his handsome face.

'He's so close,' Brianna thought longingly. 'All I have to do is reach out my hand and...' As if reading her thoughts, he looked at her and caught her staring back at him. She tried to look away, but couldn't seem to tear her eyes away from his hypnotic gaze.

Kevin leaned closer to her, licking his lips. 'This is it!' Brianna thought excitedly as he continued to lean closer. Reaching out and gently gliding his thumb over her lips, he whispered softly in her ear. He could feel his heart pounding.

"You are so beautiful," he told her in his deep voice as his hand pulled her head closer to his. Their lips met softly as she reached out to take his other free hand. Their fingers intertwined in the dark as their kiss became more passionate. Kevin's tongue slipped slowly into Brianna's mouth, rubbing over her lips before circling her tongue. As he started to pull away, Brianna began to close her mouth. Kevin's tongue raked ever-so- gently against her teeth on the way out.

As they pulled away to look at each other the ride began to lose speed. When it came to a complete stop, Kevin and Brianna dropped hands and unfastened their seat belts.

Kevin jumped off the ride onto the platform. As he stood there watching Brianna unhook her seat belt, he thought about what had just happened. He started to reach down and help her get unlatched but he was afraid she'd take it the wrong way. He was also afraid that he had made a foolish, impulsive mistake.

'What if she was too shocked to do anything?' he thought nervously. 'But she seemed to return my feelings. 'It was her who took my hand.' She looked up and smiled at him and Kevin felt his heart begin to race all over again when he looked into her big brown eyes.

He didn't think he had ever seen someone so beautiful. As he stood staring at Brianna, he tried to take in all of her beauty. He looked once again into her eyes. 'Those are the prettiest brown eyes I have ever seen,' he thought losing himself in them. Her thick brown hair fell in layers that framed her oval face. Throughout the layers were golden streaks that highlighted her dark features. Her fair skin was smooth and flawless. As he looked at her lips he recollected their passionate kiss. He stood remembering the sweetness of her lips. They were soft and tasted of fruit gloss, which he could still taste on his own. He watched as the tall, slender girl finally unfastened her seat belt.

She seemed strong and independent. Kevin found that to be one of Brianna's sexiest characteristics. His thoughts were broken as she slowly began to lift herself off the ride.

As she climbed onto the platform beside Kevin, Brianna couldn't suppress smiling when their eyes met. "Where to next?" she asked him as they started to walk away.

"That's up to you," Kevin answered sexily, still questioning how he should act. But when Brianna reached down, lacing her fingers into his and pulling him close, every doubt he had in his head about her not returning his feelings disappeared.

****10 Minutes Later****

"I think we should go find Nick," Bianca said looking around. "He needs some cheering up."

"Aw, Bean, he'll be fine. You don't need to worry about him. He's being a baby. I'm telling you he's just trying to get attention," A.J. said taking Bianca's hand.

"No, that's not fair," she said pulling her hand away from his. "I don't like the fact that you don't care about his feelings. The only one you seem to care about is A.J."

"It's not that," A.J. answered looking hurt by her words. "It's just...we're together almost every minute of every day, and there's only so much you can take of one person. I love him like a brother, but sometimes we just get on each others nerves."

Bianca felt sorry for her outburst now. She had never really thought about having to spend that much time with anyone.

"I'm sorry...I've never really had to be around the same people for that amount of time. I should have listened to you before being such a bitch, but I just don't like the fact that Nick is sitting somewhere being so miserable," she apologized.

"All is forgiven," answered A.J. with an exaggerated bow. He picked up her hand once again, this time kissing the top. "Now, can we go on with our day? After all, this is the happiest place on earth."

With a giggle from Bianca, they walked off in search of their next ride.

****At The Same Time****

Howie and Brian got off the ride and glanced around for Kevin, Brianna, A.J., and Bianca. Instead they spotted Nick sitting on the bench he had set off to find before the ride.

"Gee, the other four disappeared pretty fast," Howie said forgetting about what was really the matter with Nick.

"Well, they don't matter anyway," Brian interrupted while secretly elbowing Howie in the side. "They just formed a clique. We can have our own fun. Anyway, I saw some really cute girls and a couple of them were checking you out man," he told Nick trying to bring him reassurance.

"Stop trying to make me feel better. You know it's not gonna work. I am sick and tired of A.J.'s smart ass comments. He's just trying to impress Bianca anyway," Nick said getting up. "What does he see in her guys? She's not his type at all."

"Well, what do you think Nick? Is she more your type?" Howie asked sarcastically.

"Yeah," Nick replied seriously. "Actually she is."

"Are you sure you're not just jealous because she didn't notice you first?"

"I am not jealous, especially not of A.J. I just know that things aren't gonna work out between them."

With that, Brian decided he would bring himself into the conversation.

"Nick, man, you don't know if it will or not. I'm on your side, you know that, but you can't say you know that it won't work out between them. That's like-"

Brain was interrupted by that sweetly familiar voice.

"Hi guys," Bianca said looking at Nick with a smile.

"Hey, Bianca," Brian and Howie replied in unison.

"Hey," Nick mumbled.

"So, are you feeling any better? I hated to think that we were off having fun while you were here feeling terrible," she said genuinely.

"I'm fine. Never been better," he answered sarcastically. "So, where's 'Prince Charming'?"

"Excuse me?" Bianca asked with a confused laugh.

"A.J." Nick said as if to explain.

"Oh," she giggled. "He went to get us something to drink."

"What a-"

"Well, don't worry, here he comes now," Brian interrupted Nick before he could say anything else.

"What a great guy," Nick replied with no enthusiasm and a glare at A.J.

"Hey all," A.J. greeted everyone as he slipped his arm around Bianca's shoulders. "I didn't know what you wanted Bean, so I just got you a Pepsi."

"That's fine. I'll drink anything."

"Don't get any ideas A.J.," Nick said seriously.

Bianca looked at Nick puzzled. 'Why would he say something like that?' she wondered still staring at him.

Before she could ask out loud, A.J. took her hand and led her away. "We'll be back later," he called over his shoulder.

"See what I mean?" A.J. asked her. "He's fine. He just wants to get to me, and as long as I ignore him he can't do that. It drives him up the wall."

A.J. didn't want to admit that he knew the real reason for Nick's strange actions. 'Nick likes her, but I do, too,' he thought as they walked around the park hand in hand. 'I'll be damned if he's gonna get her attention now.'

He squeezed her hand as they walked. Looking up at him and smiling she squeezed his hand back. With that one squeeze of her fingers, A.J. knew she liked him, too.

****Two Hours Later****

"Hey guys," Kevin greeted the other four guys and Bianca as he and Brianna came walking up. "Is everyone about ready to go?"

"Yep."

"Uh huh"

"Sure."

"Alright then. Where to next? We still have a few business matters to discuss with you Bianca," he replied looking at her.

"Okay. That's fine," she said leaning on A.J. "What kind of 'business matters', and where can we go to discuss them?"

"Hey, I have an idea," Brianna said enthusiastically. "Why don't we go to the mall? I've been dying to go shopping since we've been down here, but I haven't had the chance. While y'all walk around you can talk the rest of us can shop. Just because you have to talk about business stuff doesn't mean you have to be sitting down somewhere."

"That sounds fine," Kevin said wrapping his arms around her waist from behind her.

"Brianna, I think you and I are going to be great friends. I love to shop. You can help me pick some new clothes," Howie said with a friendly smile.

"That sounds good. While Kevin is talking to Bean, you and I can go shop," she said smiling back.

"So, it's agreed, we're going shopping," Kevin said looking at everyone.

"Well, how do we need to ride?" Bianca asked.

"Why don't y'all ride in the van with us?" Kevin asked.

"Well, I would, but I'd rather drive my car and follow the van to keep from having to come all the way out here to get it," she answered him. Brianna also didn't want to seem clingy.

"Well, since I know y'all will be talking business, I'm gonna ride with Brianna," A.J. said looking to her for approval.

"That's cool. Now I don't have to talk to myself," she said grinning.