- Text Size +
"Brianna? This is Bianca's mom."

"Oh, hey, Mrs. Parker," she answered, a little disappointed.

"Am I interrupting anything? I don't want to bother you," she spoke softly.

"No, ma'am. I'm only watching TV."

"Okay. I was just calling to see how you're doing. I called Bean and she told me you were home for a little while."

"Yes, ma'am," she responded quietly. "I just wanted to be home for a little while. It's not like me, but I kinda got homesick." Brianna wasn't gonna say anything about their fight or her doctor’s appointment. She figured Bianca had told her all about it.

"Well, I wanted to tell you happy birthday, even though it's a little late. I'll let you go so you can watch TV," she said in a motherly tone.

"Thank you," Brianna said smiling slightly. "Talk to you later, Mrs. Parker."

"Bye, sweetheart."

Brianna looked at the TV. and saw Brian McFayden telling the news on MTV.

"And now, all of you know the Backstreet Boys are touring the US at this very moment," he said as their pictures flashed behind him. "Their opening act, the 18 year old sensation Bianca Parker, is very appreciative today."

"Why shouldn't she be?" Brianna asked angrily. Mockingly she added, "She's perfect."

"After their show Sunday night, the songstress was attacked in her dressing room by an old flame."

"OMIGOD!" Brianna stopped. "The only old flame she has is Eric."

"Luckily, the Boys and security reached Parker before anything serious could happen, but she was shaken up. Unfortunately, she couldn't be reached for comment. Stay tuned for more news at 10 'til the hour every hour.

"Huh, who would've thought that would happen to her?" Brianna shrugged, "I guess I should be a little more sympathetic, but after what happened, I'm not. She's okay, so it's not that bad." Brianna immediately regretted what she had just thought. She missed Bianca like crazy, but just didn't want to admit it.

****LATER THAT DAY****

Kevin sat in a bar, alone. He was still very upset about Brianna, but he hadn't brought himself to call her yet.

The bartender came up and looked at Kevin. "I think you've had your limit. Maybe you should call somebody to come and get you."

"No," Kevin slurred. "I'll know when I've hit my limit. Now give me another drink!"

"I'm sorry man, I can't do that."

"Give me another fucking drink!" Kevin growled, his eyes darkening.

The bartender pulled a shot glass and filled it to the top with vodka. "This is your last, man."

Kevin downed it in one swallow and wasn't at all affected. "Fine, man, if you think I should go, then I will."

He stood up and staggered to the door. On the walk back to the hotel he decided he might try to call Brianna.

****************************************************

RING! RING!

Brianna's mom reached behind the couch to answer the telephone. "Hello? Hang on one second; she's right here."

Brianna gave her mother a questioning look and took the phone. "Hello?"

"Hey, Boo." That deep voice was unmistakable and just the sound of it almost made her cry. It was Kevin.

Brianna took a deep breath and tried not to let her tears fall. "Hey," she said, almost inaudibly.

"I miss you, baby," Kevin said with a quiet sob. "What did I do to you to make you leave me?"

"I miss you, too," she said standing up and walking into her bedroom. "You didn't do anything, Kevin. I just need some time to spend alone."

"Baby," he sighed, "I just wish you were here with me. I need you."

"I explained everything, Kevin. I love you so much, but I need to get everything straight and organized. And to do that I need you to be supportive," she said as tears spilled down her cheeks.

"But, Boo, you don't understand," he spoke slowly.

"Kevin have you been drinking?" Brianna asked in disbelief.

"No," he answered quietly.

"Yes, you have, Kevin. Why?" Brianna was hurt that Kevin could turn to alcohol so easily. "I really can't believe you. Please, if you're gonna call, don't drink," she said and hung up in tears.

Brianna walked into the living room and looked at her mother. "I really don't want to talk to Kevin or anybody."

"Why--"

"Please just tell anybody that calls that I'm not feeling well, asleep, or something," she snapped. "I just don't wanna talk." She turned and walked back to her room.

As soon as Brianna closed her door the phone began to ring. Her mom picked it up.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Mrs. Chambers? May I please speak to Brianna?" Kevin asked quietly.

"I'm sorry, she doesn't want to speak to anyone. She--she's not feeling well."

"Please," he begged. "Can you tell her it’s important?"

"I'm really sorry," Irene answered.

"Well," he reasoned. "Can you tell her I'm sorry?"

"Yes, I'll do that."

"And Mrs. Chambers? Can you please tell her that I love her?"

"Yes, I'll tell her," she said. She could hear the sincerity in his voice.

"Thank you."

"Good-bye."

Brianna started sobbing as she heard Kevin and her mother talking. She had listened in and, surprisingly, they hadn't heard her.

"I love you, too, Kevin. God, I love you, too," she whispered. Rolling over, she cried herself to sleep.

****AT THE SAME TIME****

Kevin sat holding the phone in his hands. "I just don't understand what happened. What made her leave?"

He lay back on the bed and began sobbing. He placed his hand on his chest and felt the locked beneath his shirt. Kevin sat up and pulled it from his shirt. Opening the locket he smiled slightly at the picture.

"Baby, I need you back. I'm so sorry for whatever I did to make you leave." He ran his thumb over the picture.

He felt completely alone. No amount of alcohol could ever cover the pain he was feeling at that very moment, but he felt like there was nowhere else to turn.

****************************************************

A.J. sat in his room with the TV. on, even though he wasn't watching. He felt lost. Brianna was the only person he really talked to. Sure he talked to everyone, but Brianna was the only one who really understood him. She was the only one who knew that he wasn't completely over Cassie.

I just can't figure out why she would leave with no notice," he tried to reason to himself. "There are so many people here that love her.

He sat back on the couch and closed his eyes, letting out a long sigh. "I just hope everything is alright."

****************************************************

Howie sat talking to Brian on the balcony of his hotel room. "So what's up with you and Nicole?" he asked.

"Well," Brian smiled, "she's really sweet. I like her a lot. I talked to her this morning. What about you, D? How are things with Ivy?

"I don't know, man," he sighed. "I really want to get to know her better than I do now. It's like every time I talk to her, she has to go all of a sudden for no reason.

"That's weird. Do you have any idea why?"

"Nope. No clue. I wish I did, though. I don't have a good feeling about it," Howie sighed.

"I'm sure everything is okay. Maybe she just wants to take things really slow and get to know you completely before anything happens."

"Maybe," he said. Doubtfully he thought, 'I just don't think that's it.'