- Text Size +
Brianna woke up feeling at ease for the first time in what seemed like forever. Lying there on her stomach under the soft sheets with her arm draped over Kevin's warm chest just felt so incredibly right. She could picture herself waking up exactly like this even years from now. Her future belonged to this man; she knew it.

His touch startled her form her daydream. Taking her hand, he smiled over at her and said, "Last night, did I remember to mention how glad I was that you're back?"

Brianna laughed and ran her fingers through his sleep-tousled hair. "I think you might have forgotten to mention that."

Kevin kissed her lightly and smiled. "Baby, I woke up last night just to reassure myself that you were here. I was so scared that you coming back would be a dream. I was terrified that I would wake up alone." Brianna wiped the tears from his eyes as he continued. "I missed you so much, Boo. The way you smile at me when you wake up, those soft lips against my skin; the way your curves fit perfectly against me when you snuggle in your sleep. I've missed everything about you."

Brianna sat up and leaned over Kevin. He took in her intoxicatingly sweet smell of tangerine as her dark hair curtained his face. She kissed him deeply, massaging his tongue with her own before sinking back against the pillows.

"Darlin' I really am happy about our baby. I've always wanted a family and I'm glad it's gonna be with you." Kevin moved down and dropped tender kisses against her stomach as she stroked his thick hair. "We're gonna have so much fun making baby plans. Brianna, I love you, and I love our baby, too."

"Thank you, Kevin," Brianna whispered. "I love you, too."

Kevin kissed his way back up her body and kissed her lips sweetly. "Boo, how could you have thought that I wouldn't want the child that me and you made together? Wait, I don't want to go back into that. You're back now and you're gonna stay, right?"

"Yes," Brianna whispered. "I'm gonna stay right here with you to pick out names and colors, and hear you tell me how much you love it." Kevin kissed her and put his head on her shoulder. He slid his hands over her belly gently, rubbing her stomach and tickling her soft skin.

After a moment had passed and Kevin's hand had stilled, Brianna saw that he was dozing. Slipping from beneath him she threw on his boxers and tux shirt. Kevin reached out for her in his sleep and Brianna whispered in his ear, "I'm just going to Bean's room for a sec."

"Hurry back," Kevin mumbled. "I'll miss you."

Brianna's nervousness grew with each step her bare feet took down the hallway. She hoped Bianca would accept the good news she and Kevin wanted to share with everyone. Silently, she prayed Bianca would be happy to see her and she hoped that Bianca would be as excited over her announcement as she and Kevin were the night before.

*********************************************

Bianca awoke to a loud pounding. Looking over, she saw that Nick was still sleeping soundly. Hearing the noise again, she realized it was someone at the door.

"Okay," she grumbled. Slipping away from Nick's grip, she slipped on his tux shirt and boxers and said, "I'm coming."

Opening the door, Bianca nearly died of shock. "Brianna?! Omigod!" she screamed and hugged her best friend for the first time in over a month.

Brianna smiled and looked at her best friend's choice of attire. "Looks like you spent last night doing the same thing I did," she said smiling broadly.

Bianca blushed profusely. "Well, it was kind of a Christmas present for both of us. When did you get back?" she asked pulling Brianna into the hotel room.

"Late last night. I wanted to surprise Kevin."

"Did you get away long enough? I really didn't expect you to just up and leave the way you did," she said walking into the kitchenette and taking the coffee pot out.

"Yeah. I didn't want to leave that way, but some things came up. Listen, I'm not staying long; me and Kevin have a lot of catching up to do," she said with a laugh. "We've got some things to talk about." Brianna was hoping Bianca would ask her what they had to discuss.

"Well, what's so important to talk about that you can't spend a few more minutes here talking to me?" Bianca felt hurt.

"Well," Brianna began, "Aunt Bianca just has to be patient." She said with a wink waiting for Bianca's reaction.

"Aunt Bianca is always..." she trailed off. “What? Aunt Bianca? Brianna, oh my god!!!"

"Shhh...don't tell the rest of the guys, alright? We wanted to tell you all at once, but I had to come tell you on my own. You just have to act surprised when we tell you guys, okay?"

"I will," Bianca smiled. "I can't believe it! I'm so happy."

Brianna gave her a hug. "Well, I'm gonna go back to my room now. I figured you and Nick would wanna 'talk'," she motioned the quotation with her fingers.

"Yeah, okay," Bianca once again blushed.

"Okay, I'll see y'all later," Brianna said walking out the door.

Bianca walked to the bedroom and stood in the doorway just staring at Nick. He looked so peaceful. He rolled over, but didn't wake up, so Bianca decided she would wake him.

Walking over, she crawled into the bed beside Nick. She snuggled next to him and he wrapped his arms around her, but he still didn't wake up.

"Damn, boy, you're a tough one to wake up," Bianca sighed.

Nick moaned lightly in his sleep and pulled Bianca closer. She wrapped her arms around his waist and began kissing down his jaw line and neck. Finally, Nick opened his eyes and looked at Bianca.

"Hey," he whispered his voice still full of sleep.

"G’morning," she kissed him once again. Smiling she asked, "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah," he smiled. "I had nice dreams."

"I love you," she whispered with tears gleaming in her eyes.

Nick leaned in and kissed her slowly. He trailed his kisses to her earlobe and whispered continuous "I love you's" to her.

Bianca let out a contented sigh and put her head on Nick's chest as he slipped his hands inside her shirt and rubbed her bare back. He pulled her closer as they both fell back to sleep.

*********************************************

Kevin woke up alone and wondered if the whole night had only been a dream, but when he looked around and saw Brianna's skirt and halter beside the bed he knew she was back. For a moment he wondered if he had messed up again, like he had with Tara, but he quickly pushed those thoughts from his mind. The shirt was bright orange and smelled like tangerine; Brianna's signature color and scent. And he vaguely remembered her telling him she was going to see Bianca.

Then another thought hit Kevin and made him sit up quickly. The baby, their baby. His life was now forever changed. As thoughts raced through his mind at a hundred miles an hour, he made a big decision. the alcohol would be gone, and from now on, Brianna and their child would become his whole life. he had lost her one time and he was going to make sure that never happened again.

Kevin reached for the telephone by the bed and knew this would be one of the most important phone calls he'd ever make. Someone on the other line picked up. "Hi, Mr. Chambers; this is Kevin. Can I talk to you for a moment? It's kind of important..."

*********************************************

Bianca walked out onto the balcony of her hotel room. She sighed as she looked over the city. This was her favorite time of year and she was away from home. She felt tears sting her eyes as she thought of her family.

"Baby, what's the matter?" Nick whispered as he wrapped his arms around he r waist and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"I'm okay," she wiped her eyes. "Just a little homesick I guess."

"Baby, I understand," he pulled her closer. "It’s very lonely on the road during the holidays. But, Bean, this year has been much better; a lot less lonely with you here," he kissed her ear.

"Nicky, I love you," she leaned into his arms enjoying their warmth.

"I love you, too, Bean."

*********************************************

Brian held the phone waiting for the ringing to cease. He smiled when he heard her voice.

"Hello?"

"Sarah Nicole Prokos?" he deepened his voice and tried not to laugh.

"This is she."

"I have a very important message for you," he didn't wait for a response. "I'm taking you out tonight."

Deciding to play along, Nicole replied, "Well, actually, I have to decline. There's a very nice-looking man already planning to take me out."

"What?" Brian was a little surprised.

"Yeah...he IS my boyfriend," she giggled.

"Oh, well, yes." Brian felt dumb for having thought that Nicole was serious; she was as much of a joker as he was. "I have to say, he's a very lucky man; you have good taste."

Nicole giggled. . "Brian, you're a dork."

"No, just happy and in love..." he said it before thinking. He had been waiting for the perfect time to tell her, and that exact moment was not at all how he planned it.

On her end, Nicole was silent. 'Did I just hear him right?'

Brian was beginning to grow anxious. She had never been this quiet. "Nikki?"

"Yeah?" she whispered, hoping he would say it again.

"I love you," he spoke softly. "I wanted to make everything completely perfect for when I told you--"

"This is perfect," she interrupted him. "I love you, too, Brian."

Brian's face lit up with his usual doofy grin. "Well, darlin', where shall we go tonight?"

********************************************

Howie sat in the lobby of the hotel watching everyone who walked past. Every time he saw someone who looked even a little like Ivy, he got hopeful, but it would always be a stranger.

Howie had called many times, and the few times they actually got to talk, she spent the entire time asking about him. Anytime the conversation was directed toward her, Ivy quickly changed it.

Sighing, he felt hopeless. There was something Ivy was hiding and he wished there was something he could do to find out.

"Hey Howie," his thoughts were interrupted.

Looking up, he offered a weak smile. "Hey Bean."

"What's up? You look like you could use a listener," she replied, concerned for her friend.

Howie thought for a second. He hadn't told anyone, but it wasn't a secret. 'Why not spill?'

"Well," he began, "you know Ivy?" I'm just thinkin about her. I know next to nothing about her and she knows nearly everything about me. It's like she's hiding something from me."

Bianca leaned back and waited for him to continue.

"For Christmas, I sent her something, but whether she got it or not, I don't know. She hasn't called or written, or anything," he sighed sadly.

"Well, I'm sure she got it. If you don't mind me asking...what did you send her?" Bianca asked quietly.

"Well," Howie was just about to tell her when he stopped, suddenly standing up and walking toward the hotel doors.