- Text Size +
*Later That Day*

"Ugh, I can't get that note right. The range doesn't seem right to me," Bianca said getting frustrated. "It's either high or low. There's no in between."

"Look, don't worry about it," Brian reassured her. "We'll take a break and get some lunch or something. How does that sound?"

"It sounds great. I need a break, or I think I might quit before I really start," she said, putting her earphones down.

"Good, Now since it's been decided, where are we gonna go grub?" Howie asked as Bianca walked out of the sound booth.

"That's a good question, Howie. I was wondering the same thing," she said sitting down. "I'm starving. Those pancakes I had for breakfast are long gone. Where are Brianna and Kevin?"

"They went to lunch a little while ago. Just them," Brian answered.

"Nice to know they're getting so tight," Bianca said, hiding the slight anger in her voice. "We'll, let's go. I'm telling you, I'm starving."

"Hey, guys, I have an idea," Nick said as they got to the door. "Why don't we go to my house and have lunch? It would save us some trouble, and my mom wanted to meet Bianca."(A.N.: I don't know how far it is from Nick's house to Orlando, but for the sake of the story, it isn't far.)

"That sounds great. We don't have to wear our hats and sunglasses and try to avoid crowds," Howie replied.

"I'm up for it," Brian answered. "A.J.?"

"Yeah, that's fine with me," A.J. answered. he didn't really want to go, but he decided he would have to go anyway.

"Do you mind Bianca? If you'd rather go somewhere else, that's fine," Nick said opening the door for her.

"No, that sounds cool. I'd like to meet your mom," she said with a smile.

"Well, Bianca's not the only hungry person here. Let's go already," Howie said heading out the open door.

*At The Same Time*

"This is really good," Brianna replied picking up a French fry. "I've always liked little places like this because the food is always just right.

"I know. I love this place. The best part about it is that I can come here and nobody knows who I am. It's great."

"I've never really thought about it like that."

"What?"

"How you guys have to avoid fans and hide. Don't you ever get tired of it?"

Kevin thought for a minute before answering. "Yeah, we do, but we love what we do. Sometimes I wish I had a normal life, but I worked so hard to get here. We all did and that's the reason we keep doing it."

"That's understandable. I've always thought Bean was kinda crazy for wanting to do all this, but I never told her. We would get into fights because I wouldn't do it. I just don't want her to end up hurt or disappointed. She's like my little sister, and I love her.

"I can relate to that," Kevin said smiling. "It’s like I have four younger brothers, and even though I know they can take care of themselves, I feel a responsibility to make sure nothing happens. That's why Nick and I argue a lot of the time."

"It's weird, because they get so mad at you, but all you were trying to do was help. I think I could write a book about this. But anyway, let's change the subject.

"Good deal," Kevin said picking up his glass of iced tea.

"So...," Brianna said trying to think of something to say.

"So...um...I was, well, I..." Kevin trailed off.

"You what?" Brianna smiled. 'He's so cute when he's nervous. I wonder what he's gonna say?' she thought to herself watching Kevin blush.

"Well, I was just wondering if maybe you'd like to go out Friday night. We don't have anything to do Saturday, so I don't have to be up at daybreak."

"Yeah, I'd love to," she smiled. She felt like screaming and jumping around and letting everyone know how happy she was.

"Okay, we can go see a movie and get some dinner or something."

"That sounds great. I'm sure Bianca can find something to do."

"Good then. It's a date," he said checking his watch. "We need to get going. It's already 1:00."

"Okay," she said pulling her wallet out of her purse.

"No, I've got this. Go ahead back to your car. I'll be there in a minute."

"Sure." She smiled as she walked out the door.

"Excuse me, sir? Are you ready to pay?" The young woman behind the cash register interrupted his thoughts. Kevin didn't realize he had been staring at Brianna the whole time.

"Um, yeah," he replied blushing.

Taking his money, the girl told him, "Have a nice day,"

"Yeah, you too," Kevin replied walking out the door to Brianna's car.

*At Nick's House*

"Mom, anybody, are you home?" Nick yelled as he walked into the hallway.

"Yeah, sweetie, I'm in the kitchen making lunch," his mom answered.

"Hope you're making lots of it," Nick laughed, "cause I brought home company."

This took Jane by surprise. Nick usually called before he brought the rest of the Boys home.

"Well, Hon, tell them to come right in; they know where the kitchen is. Our house is always open."

"That's my mom for ya," Nick said looking at Bianca. "She loves to have a full house."

Walking into the kitchen, Nick hugged his mother warmly and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "I wasn't expecting you home until tonight."

"We got in last night, but it was so late we just crashed at a hotel. We were showing Bianca and her friend Brianna around. Oh yeah, mom, this is Bianca. The new Jive Records talent I was telling you about. We've been in the studio all morning and we're starving."

"Nice to meet you, Bianca. Make yourself at home. You're part of the family now," Jane smiled sincerely at her.

"Nice to meet you, too." Bianca replied. "Everyone's being so nice to me."

"Well, we try, sweetie. Where is Kevin at, anyway?"

"Him and Brianna went to eat lunch alone," Howie said in a sing-song voice.

"Aw, that's sweet," Jane said smiling. "Does he have a crush?"

"At the least it's a crush," Brian stated laughing.

"Well, mom..." Nick started, changing the subject, "we'll just fix our food now."

"Sure, darling. I'll be on the porch whenever you get ready to leave."

Bianca fell into line with the rest of the guys to finish her sandwich. She needed to talk to Brianna now more than ever. She was uncomfortable around these guys she barely knew. A.J. was the only one she had really been around, but he was acting aloof and unapproachable to her today. Come to think of it, he hadn't said more than five words to her all day.

'Well, I'm not making the first move on him today,' Bianca thought to herself. On the upside, Nick was a lot friendlier to her today. He even opened the door for her earlier. She decided she'd go talk to him. He was nice enough to invite her over for lunch and his mom was sweet.

"Can I sit here?" she asked walking over to Nick.

"Sure," Nick answered. "So are you enjoying your day so far?"

"Yeah, it's just tougher than I imagined." Bianca continued, "I never knew singing could make you so hungry." She laughed as she took a bite of her turkey sandwich.

"Yeah, tell me about it." Nick couldn't remember the last time he was that nervous. He looked Bianca over as she sat across from him on the couch. Her dark hair cascaded over the delicate straps of her tank top, and her short shorts showed off her long tan legs.

Nick looked up to see her staring at A.J. What's been up with A.J. today?" Bianca asked innocently. "He's not acting the same."

"I don't know," Nick replied. Deciding this was a golden opportunity he decided to add, "he ignores people a lot."

"Really?"

Yeah. He's really moody and acts different from day to day." Nick knew he was risking her finding out he was lying, but he didn't care. He had to have this girl. "Let me give you some advice about A.J. Don't set your sights on him. You'll only succeed in getting you heart broken."

Bianca wasn't expecting Nick to be so brutally honest, but deep down she knew he was right. And it was better for her to know early. And besides, after talking to Nick she had decided he was just as cute as A.J. She was enjoying talking to him so much that she had almost forgotten about being abandoned by Brianna. 'I hope her and Kevin are having a good time,' she thought to herself, 'cause when we get back to the studio I really need to talk to her.'

*At The Same Time*

"Look to them, D. Can you believe this?" A.J. asked as he watched Bianca with Nick. "That should be me talking to her, not Nick."

"Well, A.J., if you feel so strongly about it, go talk to the girl. I think if you wait for her to make the first move, you'll be waiting a while," Howie said putting down his sandwich.

"No. I told myself I was gonna wait for her."

"Fine, man, but when Nick's got a girl and you don't because you wouldn't talk to her, it'll be your fault. Remember that."

"Whatever. What would make her fall for Nick, anyway?"

*10 Minutes Later*

"Hey guys," Brian greeted Bianca and Nick. "Can I sit here?"

"Sure," they both answered simultaneously.

"So, Bianca, how's your first day? I know how frustrated you were," he asked picking up the remote to the stereo.

"It's pretty good. Like I told Nick, it's nothing like I imagined. But, then again, it never is," she smiled. "I'm a very impatient person. That's why I got so frustrated. I hate it when I can't get something just right."

"Yeah, I'm like that, too," Nick said. "Actually, I think we all are at times. Especially Kevin."

"Speaking of Kevin, I wonder if he and Brianna have gone back to the studio yet?" Bianca thought aloud.

"Probably so. I think we need to get going. What do y'all think?" Brian asked taking the last sip of his iced tea.

"I think you're right. Kev and Brianna are probably wondering what happened to us," Nick said standing up.

"Yeah, they probably are. Thanks so much for lunch, Nick. It was really good," Bianca said standing up beside him.

"No problem. My mom enjoyed meeting you, anyway."

"Y'all ready to go?" Brain asked A.J. and Howie.

"Yeah," A.J. answered brushing coolly past Bianca.

As they walked out on the porch, Jane stood up. A.J. had already made his way to the van without saying good-bye.

"What's the matter with A.J. sweetie?" she asked giving Nick another warm hug.

"I don't know," he replied looking at his mother. "You know how he can be."

"Well, tell him I said bye, okay?"

"Sure thing."

Bye Mama Jane!" Brian said hugging her.

"Bye sweetie," she smiled. "It was good to see you again. Bye Howie."

"Bye. Thanks for lunch. It was delicious."

"It was no problem. You know you guys are welcome here any time."

As Howie and Brian walked to the van, Bianca walked over to Jane. "Thanks for letting me stay for lunch Mrs. Carter. It was really nice meeting you," she smiled nervously.

"You're welcome," she said giving Bianca a hug. "I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. You're welcome back any time."

"Thanks!"

"Well, mom, I'll see you tonight," Nick said hugging his mom once more. "I love you."

"I love you, too, darling. I'll see you tonight," she said waving to everyone.

*At The Studio*

"Where could they be? It isn't like Bianca to go somewhere and not tell someone or leave a note," Brianna said in an exasperated tone.

"I wouldn't worry about it. The guys probably all went to lunch together and invited Bianca along. They'll be back soon," Kevin reassured Brianna as he sat down beside her.

"I know, but it would've been nice of her to leave a note telling me that."

Just then, Bianca and the guys came walking in.

"Where have you been?!" Brianna asked looking at Bianca.

"Excuse me? You don't need an attitude. We went to Nick's house and had lunch."

"Well, you should've left a note."

"Whatever," Bianca said with an exasperated sigh. "Listen, we can talk about this later, but I have to go finish recording that song," she said walking into the sound booth.

Brianna let her stomp off. "She'll snap out of it after a while," she said when she saw Kevin looking at her. "She just has to throw fits sometimes."

"Sounds like her and Nick would be perfect for each other," Kevin laughed.

Just then they were interrupted by Brian. "Are you two gonna honor us with your presence today, or not?"

Brianna and Kevin looked at each other and laughed. Taking Brianna's hand, he led her into the sound booth to hear her best friend sing her heart out.

*Two Hours Later*

"Okay, we're almost ready to wrap this up," Kevin's voice boomed over the microphone. "Bianca, are you ready to work on the last song for today?"

"Sure thing, Kevin." Bianca looked at how close he was sitting to Brianna. 'They're getting awfully tight,' she thought to herself. Brian stopped her from thinking anymore.

"Kevin, why don't we give her about 10 minutes to freshen up and rest her voice."

"Okay," Kevin decided. "Bianca, you can chill for 15 minutes or so." Nick volunteered to show her where the soda machines were and off they went.

Brian walked up to Kevin and Brianna and cleared his throat. "Brianna, can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure," she said. "What's up?"

Kevin reached down and took Brianna's hand, letting Brian know he wasn't going anywhere. He wasn't gonna risk Brian blabbing about their conversation the night before.

"It's about Nick," he continued. "He's into Bianca, but he doesn't know how she feels about A.J. I figured you could help me."

Brianna laughed. "Bean doesn't move fast and A.J. tried to make-out with her last night. And, on top of that, he hasn't talked to her today, that I know of."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah, and she doesn't need that. If we could just get her and Nick talking...wait! I have an idea."

"Already?" Brian asked.

"Yeah, just watch," she told Brian. Pulling Kevin out of his chair they walked over to where Nick and Bianca were standing.

"Bianca, me and are going out Friday night. Just us. Can you find something to keep you busy?" To add emphasis Kevin wrapped both arms around her waist.

Nick jumped at this opportunity. "I'll go keep you company while they're gone," he volunteered eagerly. "If that's okay with you."

"Sure," Bianca replied casually. It was better than sitting in a dull hotel room all alone.

"Great," said Kevin. "Now let's get back to work."

They walked back over to the sound booth in silence.

"I'm so tired," Bianca said stretching her arms over her head causing her tank top to rise, exposing her stomach. "I'm glad tomorrow is an off day."

"Get used to it," Nick smiled nervously, trying not to stare at Bianca's toned stomach. "You'll be glad to see an off day when we start touring."

"Yep. We don't get many, so when we do it's pretty precious," Brian said noticing Nick staring at Bianca. "Isn't that right man?"

"Uh huh."

"Anyway, you ready to finish recording?" Kevin asked leading Brianna to the couch. "The sooner we finish, the sooner we leave."

"I'm ready."

*20 Minutes Later*

Bianca finally finished recording the final song, after countless times trying to get it perfect. Stifling a yawn she said, "Boy, who knew singing could make you this sleepy? I'm in for a treat, huh?"

"Yep, but you'll love it. I promise," Kevin replied.

"I know. I hope anyway."

"Well, let's get going, Bean. I don't want you to fall asleep right here," Brianna said nudging her best friend.

"Okay," she said with another yawn. "Bye guys. See ya later."

"Yeah, we had a blast," Brianna added.

"Goodnight," A.J., Howie, and Brian said in unison.

"We'll walk you two to your car," Kevin said squeezing Brianna's hand. "It might only be 8:30, but you never know what could happen.

"Yeah, I know," Brianna smiled.

Kevin, Brianna, Nick, and Bianca walked through the large, glass studio doors and into the cool dusk-dark evening. Reaching into her purse, Brianna pulled out her keys. She pushed a button on her remote keyless control and heard the locks on her door click.

Kevin reached down to open the door for Brianna, but she stopped him. Smiling slyly, she said, "Who said I was leaving now?"

Kevin just laughed. He liked her a lot. She was strong and independent, but still feminine and extremely sexy. Those qualities turned Kevin on. He liked a woman who could stand her ground.

"I was hoping you wouldn't go yet," Kevin said. He put his hands on Brianna's arms and ran his thumb around nervously. Looking down, he kissed her cheek. She could smell his cologne. Kevin was more mature than the rest of the guys and Brianna liked that. She felt like he was more on her level. She had to connect with someone mentally before anything physical could happen, and she got the feeling Kevin felt the same way.

"Brianna?" Kevin was looking at her funny.

"Oh, huh?" she snapped back to reality.

"I just asked you where you were staying so I could pick you up Friday night. Are you okay?"

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine, just thinking," Brianna blushed in embarrassment. "Me and Bean are staying at the Sierra Suites across town. On Houston Street."

"Okay, I know exactly where that is. I guess I'll see you Friday. I'll pick you up about 7:00."

"That sounds good. What do I wear?"

Kevin wanted to tell her just to be sexy as always, but instead he told her "Something you can dance in. I know this great club where some of my friends hang out."

"Great," Brianna answered excitedly.

"Cool then, I'll see you Friday."

"Okay," Brianna was a little disappointed when he didn't say he'd call her the following day, but her disappointed soon faded when Kevin started leaning toward her.

Their lips met and Kevin took her hand. Their mouths opened only slightly and they continued in their tender lip-lock.

"Look at them," Bianca said to Nick as they stood on the passenger side of Brianna's car. "They don't even care that we're here. That's pretty inconsiderate." Bianca still thought Brianna had deserted her at lunch and still felt upset.

"Nah, I think it's kinda nice how Kevin's acting. God knows he needs somebody to keep him busy and keep him off our backs." Nick didn't add the fact that he wished they were doing the same thing. "I think she'll be good for him."

"About Friday night, what are we gonna do?" Bianca asked.

"Well...I, uh," Nick scrambled for words. "I thought we'd just hang out and watch movies or something. I'm not really big into the night life like Kev is."

"Good, me either. Brianna loves it, but I'd rather just chill at home. Oh, look the lovebirds are done," she whispered to Nick.

"Yeah," he answered.

Looking at him she said loudly, "Well, Nick, I'll see you Friday. I think we'll have fun."

Brianna took her obvious hint and said to Kevin, "I guess I'd better get her back to the hotel before she gets any crankier."

"Okay," he replied smiling. "I'm looking forward to our date," he said squeezing her hand.

"Me, too." Kevin opened the door for Brianna. Bianca was already inside. "See you then," he said closing the door. Nick and Kevin watched the two girls drive off. As their taillights disappeared, they looked at each other and smiled knowingly. Walking back inside the studio they rounded up the other guys and headed home.