- Text Size +
"Boy, you just can't stay quiet today, can you?" Brianna asked her best friend picking a cute blue dress off the rack.

"I'm just tired, that's all," was all Bianca said.

"Bean, what the Hell is wrong with you? Something's up, now what is it?"

"Nothing!"

"Tell me. You're pouting, so you can't tell me that nothing is wrong."

"Well, I just figured you would rather be spending every possible second you have with Kevin," Bianca said with an exasperated sigh.

"What?!"

"Kinda like the way you abandoned me yesterday?"

"Bianca, how did I abandon you? I only went to lunch. People tend to do that when they get hungry."

"Well, you left me with four guys I know next to nothing about. Do you know how uncomfortable I was?"

"I figured A.J. would be asking all sorts of stuff to get to know you."

"No," Bianca began, "actually, he didn't say but, like, one sentence to me the whole day. Nick is the only one who talked to me. Him and Brian."

"Well, he talked to you. What made you like A.J., anyway? I think you'd be cute with Nick. He's sweet," Brianna replied in an attempt to help Nick a little.

"I don't know what made me like A.J. There's just something about him, but I don't know..."

"Bean, I don't think he's really right for you, anyway. He's nice and all, but..."

"But, what?"

"Well, A.J. kinda seems like the type that doesn't settle. Don't get me wrong, he's sweet, but I just can't see you with him."

"Oh," she replied thinking about her best friend's comment. "Listen, I'm sorry I got so mad. I'm just really stressed. I don't know, it's just weird. All of this still has yet to sink in."

"That's all right. I understand. So, what are you and Nick planning to do tomorrow night?"

"Just chill out. Watch movies, talk. Just normal stuff, ya know?"

"Yeah. Hey, what do you think about this dress?" Brianna asked snatching up a chocolate brown version of the blue one.

"Uh, I like the blue one. Why do you have to buy one now? This is just the first store. Let's look around some more before you decide," Bianca said looking toward Nordstrom.

"Okay, C'mon, we'll look around."

*Kevin's Hotel Room*

"Man, she's still not there," Kevin said putting the phone down. He had been trying to call Brianna for quite a while, but there was still no answer.

Brain sat on the bed laughing. "Look, I'm telling you, she went shopping. Chicks always do that before any big date. They have to find the 'perfect outfit.' Don't you ever read magazines?"

"Yeah, but I've never seen that while I was reading."

"Man, if you don't believe me, ask our moms. I promise. Ask Nick about his sisters. Brianna is shopping and Bianca is with her. Girls can't shop alone. It's like when you're at dinner and if one of 'em had to go to the bathroom, they all go. Girls go everywhere in herds," Brian said laughing harder.

"Man, you're right," Kevin chuckled. "Come to think of it, I haven't ever seen a girl go to the bathroom alone. I wonder why the all feel the need to go at once?"

"I don't know, but it must be important."

*Back At The Mall*

"I tried on this dress the other day," Bianca replied picking up the short, green dress she had modeled for Nick and Kevin a couple of days earlier.

"Really? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I forgot about it. I was only gonna buy it for the tour, plus, you know how I am about splurging money."

"Yeah, I know. I hope you don't do that with every cent you make," Brianna replied seriously.

"I won't," Bianca answered looking at a mini skirt.

"You don't need that. Remember what you mom said. If you can't manage your money, she'll manage it for you," Brianna reminded her taking the skirt and hanging it back on the rack. "You know she's serious."

"Uhh," Bianca sighed. "She won't care if I buy one skirt."

"Wait and get it later; you don't need it now."

"Fine, I'll wait."

"Good," Brianna smiled, “what do you think about this one?"

"It's cute. The orange goes good with your complexion. I don't think I've ever seen a dress that color. I like it," Bianca grinned.

"Okay, good. Now we're off to buy shoes."

The two friends shopped for another two hours and headed back to the hotel. When Brianna reached their room she heard the phone ringing loudly inside. She fumbled with the key, having a hard time opening the door.

Pushing her way inside the room, Brianna dropped her shopping bags and rushed to answer the ringing telephone. "Hello?" she said, out of breath.

"Brianna?"

"Yeah, it's me," she answered, recognizing Kevin's voice. "What's up?"

"Nothing much. I just wanted to give you a call today."

"I'm glad you did. We just got back in. Me and Bean have been shopping all morning."

"Sounds like fun," he laughed, "save that kind of energy for tomorrow night."

"Oh, I will. I love night-life," she said. Kevin laughed to himself at the picture this put into his head. Him and her...on the moonlit beach...

"Still there?" he heard Brianna ask.

"Yeah. Well, I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

Hanging up the phone, Kevin chuckled to himself. Brian was right; they were shopping. He decided he wanted to take a nap. Lying back on his bed, he thought about their date. He couldn't believe he was excited! 'It's gonna be fun," he thought as he drifted into a deep slumber.

*The Next Morning*

"Too bad today isn't an off day," Bianca said stretching. "I so miss sleeping in."

"Well, it's not, but tomorrow is Saturday, so it's gonna be fine," Brianna said rolling over.

"Do you wanna stay here and sleep for a while? I can drive myself, and when I take my morning break, I can come back and get you."

"Well," Brianna said thinking about the offer, "do you mind if I do?"

"No, I wouldn't have mentioned it if I did," she replied heading to the bathroom to get ready. "Besides, it'll give me a chance to drive around the city."

"Okay, just be careful."

"Brianna, I'm always careful!"

"I know, but I always say that. And besides, it's my car."

"Okay. I'm guessing I'll break around 11:00, so be ready. I'm hoping to finish recording by 4:00."

"Great. I'll be ready," Brianna yawned. "Will you set the alarm for 10:30? That'll give me two hours to sleep."

"It's set," Bianca said putting down the clock. "Be ready when I get here. I'm leaving now. See ya in a while."

"Okay, bye Bean. Drive carefully."

"I will."

With that, Bianca headed down to Brianna's car. 'I hope she's ready when I get here,' she thought unlocking the doors. 'With my luck, she'll forget and hit the snooze button.'

*20 Minutes Later*

"Where are the guys?" Bianca asked aloud as she pulled into the parking lot of the Jive Records studio.

The van was nowhere in sight. "I hope I'm not too early," she said glancing around. The only car she saw was a green Dodge Durango. "This is just my luck," she said stepping out of the car.

"Who are you talking to?" she heard a familiar voice ask.

"Oh," she gasped, "Nick, you scared me. Where are the other guys?"

"Brian's in my Durango. The rest of the guys are on their way. Where's Brianna?"

"Sleeping. I'm gonna go pick her up when her up when we take our morning break. Why didn't you ride in the van with the others?"

"I got my car back last night and couldn't resist the urge to drive today," he smiled. "I love driving."

"Me, too, but my car is still in North Carolina," she said faking a pout.

"Too, bad," Nick smiled as the other guys pulled up in the van.

"Man, you suck," A.J. said with a laugh as he got off the van. "We don't get our cars back until tonight. I'm so glad we can finally sleep at our own houses."

"Yeah, now I don't have to share a room with A.J. anymore," Howie joked.

"Hey, Bianca," Kevin said stepping off the van and looking around. "So, where's Brianna?"

"Yeah, where is she? I just noticed you were alone," Brian said closing the door to Nick's Durango.

"She's at the hotel sleeping. Kevin, don't look so disappointed. I'm gonna go get her when we take our break," she answered with a smile.

"Oh," Kevin smiled, blushing slightly.

Still talking, everyone walked into the studio to get started. Bianca was unusually perky and was in the best mood. It didn't even bother her that A.J. hadn't talked to her again.

*Later That Morning*

The morning seemed to pass by quickly. Bianca sang and nearly lost track of time. By the time she finally managed to look at a clock, it was time for her break.

"Ready to take a break yet?" Brian asked Bianca as she took her earphones off.

"Yep. I need to go get Brianna," she said grinning at Kevin. "Anyone wanna ride with me?"

She figured Kevin would jump at the opportunity, so she was surprised when it was Howie who answered.

"I'll go," he replied. "I wouldn't mind getting out of the studio, even if it is just for a few minutes."

"Okay," she said grabbing the keys. "We'll be back in a bit."

"Bye guys," Howie said following Bianca.

"Bye," they all replied.

*10 Minutes Later*

"So, are you having fun recording?" Howie asked Bianca as she changed the radio station.

"Yeah, but I hate it when I can't get something just right. If you haven't noticed by now, I'm very impatient," she answered smiling.

"It does get really irritating. At least you don't have four others recording with you."

"Why do you say that? I think it would be kinda fun."

"It is fun, but when you're having a bad day, and one person gets it right and another person screws up, everyone has to do it over. That gets really old after a while."

"Yeah," Bianca giggled, "I guess it does. I think I would go crazy."

"Are you excited about touring?"

"Yeah, but..."

But, what?"

"Well, I'm really nervous. I'm a little shy, but that's the only thing. Other than that, I'm really looking forward to it."

"Bianca, all you have to do is pretend you're standing in a recording studio. I promise, it really does work."

"I didn't think about that, but I guess it would work," she smiled. "Well, we're here. Now to find a parking space."

*At The Studio*

"Hey, Kev, can I ask you something?" Brian asked sitting down. He, Kevin, Nick, and A.J. were in the lounge getting a snack.

"Sure. What's up?" Kevin replied opening his soda.

"I was just wondering, why didn't you go with Bianca when she left? I figured you'd be the first one to the car."

"Well," he began turning red, "I don't want to seem too eager."

"I figured you'd wanna talk to Bianca about Brianna," Nick said eating a potato chip. "Girls always know when their friends like a guy. They can tell you almost anything you wanna know. Especially if they're best friends. Ask B.J. I've heard her talking with her friends about this stuff."

"That's not it. I can talk to Bianca here," Kevin replied. "I just don't want Brianna to think I'm trying to smother her, ya know? I don't wanna seem clingy."

"That's understandable," Brian said.

"You do have a point there, Kevin," A.J. replied speaking for the first time since being in the lounge. "Don't make her uncomfortable either. You wouldn't want her to move on to someone else."

Catching A.J.'s not-so-subtle hints, Nick decided to not-so-subtly reply, "Well, if you get to know her before doing things that might make her uncomfortable, and talk to her instead of ignoring her, you won't have anything to worry about.

"Look, we all know you're not talking about Brianna anymore, so just stop. This is not gonna turn into an argument, okay?" Brian said firmly.

"Yeah, whatever," A.J. mumbled.

"Nick?"

"Yeah, I guess."

*At The Same Time*

"Thanks for letting me sleep Bean," Brianna said pulling out of the parking lot.

"No problem. I figured you'd do the same for me," she replied checking her make-up in the mirror.

"So, Howie, did Bean make you come? I figured she'd make someone come with her."

"I did not make him come!" Bianca protested.

"Yeah, right."

"No, she didn't make me come," Howie chuckled. "She asked if someone wanted to and I volunteered. I wanted to get out of the studio."

"Oh, okay. I figured Bianca threatened you or something," Brianna grinned. "She can't go anywhere alone. I'm surprised she was able to drive herself to the studio this morning."

"Bite me," Bianca replied dryly. "Don't take me literally!"

"You know, you two are more like sisters than just best friends," Howie smiled. "You look alike, too. Are you sure you're not sisters?"

The two girls looked at each other and smiled. "Positive," Bianca answered, "but we get that a lot."

"I don't think we'd be able to stand each other if we were sisters," Brianna laughed. "After a while, we start to get on each other's nerves."

"I know exactly what you're talking about," Howie said as they pulled up at the studio.

Kevin was waiting at the door, and as the three friends walked in, he wrapped Brianna in a tight, more-than-friendly hug.

"That was a nice welcome," Brianna said looking at Kevin. Howie laughed at the two of them.

"Well, I try," Kevin said still squeezing her tightly.

"Whaddya say we go work on some more music?" Bianca interrupted. She didn't see why Brianna and Kevin didn't go ahead and hook up. She couldn't take their gushiness much longer.

"Actually, Bianca, I have to go over a few more things with you first. Can I talk to you alone?"

"Sure," she replied casually.

They walked into a conference room and Bianca flopped down in one of the leather chairs as Kevin closed the door.

"So, Kevin, what's up? Is something wrong?"

"No, I was just uh, well," he said blushing and averting his eyes.

"Well, what?" Bianca asked half smiling. She already knew this wasn't business. "Let me guess, you wanna know something about Brianna."

"Well," he blushed even more, "yeah."

"All right. What do you want to know?"

"Well, do you think she's interested in me?"

"Duh! Yeah she is. Are you, like, oblivious to signals? I knew guys were dense, but I didn't know it got this bad," she joked. "Seriously, though, she's really into you."

"Really? I mean, Brianna's so different than anybody I've ever met before. She's so independent, but I can tell she needs someone. To be taken care of."

"Yeah, but she's not smothering. She's a free spirit, so you might have to give a little. Bit she's the type that will do anything for the people she cares for, no matter what."

"Thanks, Bianca. That helps me a lot," Kevin said sincerely as he got up to leave.

"And Kevin..."

"Yeah?"

"Brianna's a hopeless romantic and once she completely gives herself to someone, she doesn't change her mind easily."

"I'm the same way," Kevin said with a sexy wink as he walked out the door leaving Bianca sitting in her chair.

*Later That Afternoon*

"Finally, we're done!" Bianca exclaimed.

"Great," Kevin said happily. "Why don't we all call it a day. I'm ready to go home.

"Me, too," Brian added. "My apartment is probably buried in dust."

"What, you don't have a housekeeper? I figured you would, Bianca joked. "I mean, with all the money y'all make. Come on!"

"Yeah," Brian smiled. "I can keep my apartment clean when I'm home."

"Oh, okay As long as you're not like every guy I've ever known because they're all slobs," she smiled.

"Well, all of us but Nick and A.J.," Brian laughed.

"Bean, don't even try it. You know you can't keep your bedroom clean, so don't start trying to pass yourself off as a neat-freak."

"Hey, I can keep my room clean, I just don't like the process of cleaning it. Anyway, we need to go ahead and get back to the hotel so you can get ready."

"Yeah, you're probably right," she replied smiling sweetly at Kevin. "I guess I'll see you tonight."

"Alright then," he said moving in closer. They were like two 12 year olds with their first crush. Kevin let his lips brush Brianna's for a moment before he pulled away. Brianna blushed.

"I'll see you at seven."

"Yeah."

"Okay then. Bye."

"Bye guys. See ya tonight, Nick," Bianca said grabbing Brianna's keys.

"Bye Bianca," Brian and Howie said together.

"Bye, Bianca. I'll see you in a while," Nick smiled. Again, she got no response from A.J. With that, the two girls left to get ready.