- Text Size +
Kevin opened the door to his black Toyota Four runner and helped Brianna in. Climbing under the wheel, he looked over at her. "I think you're gonna enjoy tonight."

"Good," she smiled leaning back into the warm leather seat.

The drive was a short one and there wasn't much conversation. When Kevin parked the car at a local club, he jumped out to open the door for Brianna. Placing his arm protectively around her waist, he ushered her up to the door.

After standing in line about 5 minutes they reached the doorman. "Kevin! Is that you?"

"What’s up, Jon?!" Kevin said to the doorman. "I haven't seen you in a while. Baby, this is my friend Jon. Jon, this is Brianna Chambers."

"Here, man, go ahead in. Nice to meet you Brianna," Jon said as they stepped through the door.

*Back At The Hotel*

"So, what's on TV?" Bianca asked walking out of the kitchen with a bowl of popcorn and two sodas. "Anything good?"

"Well, 'Friday' is on. That's about the only thing; want me to leave it on that channel?"

"Yeah," she said handing him a Mountain Dew and sitting at the other end of the couch. "So, thanks for coming over, you didn't have to. I figured you'd want to spend time with you family."

"It's no problem. I'm gonna be with them nonstop for three weeks, and besides they know I'm here. They don't mind."

As the movie began, they sat and watched in silence. Bianca was a little uncomfortable and really didn't know what to say, so she just watched the movie and tried to keep conversation to a minimum.

*At The Club*

As Kevin led Brianna into the club, she could feel her heart thumping with the music.

"What's this place called?" she yelled to Kevin as they made their way through the crowd to a table.

"The Neon Ballroom," Kevin yelled back. "Me and my friends used to come here all the time in high school. Wanna dance?"

Brianna nodded her head in approval and they made their way to the dance floor. Their bodies swayed and every-so-often Kevin's arms would circle Brianna's waist as she wiggled. The music blared and when Brianna closed her eyes she couldn't think of anywhere she would rather be than in this smoke-filled room with Kevin's arms around her.

*Back At The Hotel*

"So," Nick said finally deciding to make small talk, "you're 17. Didn't Brianna say that your birthday is in like a month?"

"Yeah," she said looking at him shyly. "I'll be 18 on July 7. I try not to make a big deal about it to everyone. Just Brianna and my mom."

"Really?" Nick laughed. "I make sure the guys go all out for my birthday."

"So, when's your birthday?" she asked. The more she talked to Nick, the more she liked him.

"January 28. I'll be 20."

"Ooh, getting old," she joked. Things seemed to be getting less tense and they were both more comfortable than they were when Nick first arrived.

They both forgot about the movie and focused on each other. 'Maybe tonight wasn't such a bad idea,'

*Back At The Club*

Kevin and Brianna had stopped dancing and went back to their table to sit and talk. They had been chatting for about ten minutes when Kevin stood up.

"Hang on, baby. I just saw somebody I want you to meet." Kevin came back a few seconds later with two guys who looked to be about his age. He held out his hand and Brianna took it, standing up to face Kevin's friends.

"Baby, this is Matt and Steve. I grew up with them. Guys, this is my girlfriend, Brianna."

"Nice to meet you," Brianna said genuinely. "Kevin told me his friends hang out here."

At the mention of his name, Kevin squeezed Brianna's hand. As he turned his head to look at her their eyes met and Brianna blushed.

"Well, why don't we go sit? We've got a lot of catching up to do, Richardson," Matt said with a smile.

They had gotten settled at the table when Steve spoke. "Kevin, while you and Matt catch up, you mind if I dance with your beautiful girlfriend."

"Just remember where you got her from," Kevin joked and leaned over to kiss Brianna on the cheek before she stood up.

As Steve and Brianna danced, Matt spoke to Kevin. "Liking fame?" he asked with a laugh.

"It's great traveling all over the world with your best friends, but it gets a little lonely at times," Kevin answered seriously. "You spend most of your time running."

"Hell, I'd do it," Matt said. Noticing that Kevin hadn't taken his eyes off Brianna, he asked "You really like her don't you?"

"Yeah, I really like her a lot. She's a very special person. How could you tell?"

"Think about it, man. You've never brought a girl to this place. Not even that chick you were engaged to. And the fact that you've been all over her all night on the dance floor."

"What can I say, man?" They were interrupted by Brianna and Steve walking back up to the table.

"Richardson," Steve began, "your girlfriend can move."

"Thanks, I think," Kevin said.

A familiar beat drifted through the sound system and Brianna grabbed Kevin's hand. "Baby, come dance with me," she pleaded in a little girl voice. "Genie In a Bottle is my favorite song."

Kevin couldn't argue with that. He let Brianna lead him to the dance floor and run her hands down his tight white T-shirt. The booming music made the floor vibrate under their feet. Their bodies would meet and separate and every time Brianna moved, Kevin grew more and more excited. Placing his hands low on her thighs, he pulled her body against him. Kevin knew he had to get her out of there, to go someplace private where he could, as the song said, rub her the right way.

"Baby, what do you say we leave this place and go somewhere alone?" he growled into Brianna's ear. He was so close she could feel his breath on her neck and she melted when she felt him gently nibble on her earlobe.

"Whatever you want, Kevin."

He put an arm around her waist and held her close as they walked back to the table.

Brianna grabbed her purse and Kevin told the guys "I'll have to get back with y'all later. We've got somewhere to go." They walked off, arm in arm, leaving Matt and Steve to sit there and stare at each other, speechless.

*At The Hotel*

"Well, Brianna was a junior when I met her in high school. The office people goofed with her schedule and she had freshman lunch. I was a freshman. She knew one guy, Steven, and she would go eat lunch with him. When I first got to know her, I hated her, but I guess we kinda grew on each other," Bianca recalled the tale of how se met her best friend. "I guess it was fate 'cause she's kinda like my other half."

"I know exactly what you mean," Nick said smiling, then proceeded to tell Bianca about how he met the other guys. "You know, you're really fun to talk to," he finished.

"Well, you're really easy to open up to." Immediately Bianca couldn't believe she said that. She blushed and they both fell silent; gazing at each other.

Tonight had made Nick so hopeful, but he didn't want to push things. "Mind if I grab a soda?" When Nick returned from the kitchen he found Bianca lying on her stomach in her bed watching television.

Lying beside her he asked, "anything good on TV.?"

"South Park," she answered. "I love this show."

"Me, too," he said excitedly. The two singers got engrossed in the show, chattering during the commercials.

Bianca spoke first. "Who's your favorite character?"

"Cartman. He cracks me up."

"I like him, too. But I feel sorry for poor Kenny."

"Yeah, but it's just a cartoon. The guys that create that show are really messed up. This is some sick stuff."

Ignoring the rest of the show, Nick and Bianca continued to chatter away.

*At The Same Time*

Kevin parked his 4-Runner in front of the chain-link fence and cut off the engine. "I thought it would be nice to hang out at the beach for a while. You know, take a walk and talk," Kevin said softly. A small smile played upon his lips and he reached down to kiss Brianna's hand.

"That'd be nice."

Kevin got out, retrieved the blanket from the back of his truck, and opened the door for Brianna. Taking her hand he led her down to the beach and spread the blanket out on the warm sand. Brianna took off her sandals and sat down beside him. They were both silent, staring at the ocean.

"About tonight, at the club..." Kevin broke into Brianna's thoughts. "I didn't make you uncomfortable did I? I mean, around my friends?"

"Not at all," Brianna replied. She knew he was talking about the way he introduced her. "Your friends seem really nice, and..." Brianna looked into his eyes and smiled sexily, "I like being thought of as your girlfriend."

Kevin blushed slightly and took Brianna's hand. "I like thinking of you." Their lips met and Kevin gently pushed Brianna down on the blanket. He lay half on top of her and put his hands on her hips; her arms circled his neck.

Kevin pulled away and Brianna sat up. "Let's walk," she said with a smile. He took off his boots, socks, and blue over shirt and they walked down the beach hand-in-hand.

All of a sudden, Brianna took off, running through the edge of the water leaving Kevin to stare after her puzzled. She kicked through the waves for a moment before Kevin ran after her. They chased each other through the waves, laughing and giggling like children. When Brianna stopped, Kevin playfully tackled her. They both landed in the water with a loud splash.

Bursting with laughter, they looked at each other. Kevin's eyes roamed her wet body pressed on top of him. When returned his gaze to Brianna’s eyes, he found her staring longingly at him.

Kevin slowly moved forward and brushed his lips against Brianna's. He placed his hands on her waist and kissed her more eagerly.

Brianna kissed him back just as eagerly, slightly parting her lips. Kevin slipped his tongue into her mouth and ran his hands along her back, pulling her body as close to his as he possibly could.

As the kiss ended, Brianna smiled at Kevin. She couldn't think of anything as perfect as that very moment. Everything was exactly the way she had hoped it would be.

Kevin got up and helped Brianna out of the water. They walked back to the blanket hand-in-hand without saying a word. "I've really enjoyed tonight," he said as they sat down.

"Me, too," she smiled. "I hope we can do it again."

"Yeah, we really should," he replied leaning down and kissing her again.

As they lay down on the blanket, Kevin pulled his blue shirt over Brianna. They just lay there quietly snuggled next to each other, looking at the sky.

*At The Hotel*

The show's over already?" Bianca asked looking at Nick. "Omigosh, did you know it was 2:30?"

"No, I can't believe it's that late."

"Or early," she smiled. "Want another soda?"

"Sure, why not?" he stretched. "So, what do you wanna talk about now? Since we seem to have talked about almost everything already."

"I don't ca-" she stopped. "Omigosh, Nick please, come here! Please now!"

"Bianca, what's wrong?! Are you okay?" he said rushing into the kitchen.

When he found Bianca sitting on the counter with a terrified look on her face, he didn't know what to do. He looked around to see if he could find what scared her so badly, but saw nothing.

"Kill it!" she screamed pointing to the floor. "Please, kill it!"

Finally, he saw what she was talking about. A big brown spider was in the middle of the floor.

"I thought someone was trying to kill you," he said with a laugh. Nick walked to the cabinet and got a paper cup to get the spider.

"That ugly, hairy, nasty thing walked across my foot! It walked on me. That was just nasty. I hate spiders," she said trying to calm down.

Nick took the spider to the bathroom and got rid of it. When he got back to the kitchen and found Bianca still on the counter, he had to laugh.

"Nick Carter! It isn't funny! At all"

"Yeah, it is," he laughed harder. "Bianca, if you could only see yourself. You're a bug baby."

"I am not. I can't help it that spiders scare me. They're icky!"

"I've never met anyone so scared of a spider," he smiled. "You're cute when you're scared." As soon as he said that, Nick couldn't believe he let the words leave his thoughts.

"Thanks," she blushed a deep shade of red. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" he asked confused. He was sure she was gonna make him leave, but she didn't.

"For scaring the crap out of you. I didn't mean to almost give you a heart attack."

"Don't worry about it," he replied walking over to help her down from the counter.

"I guess I'm a typical girl when it comes to bugs and stuff like that," she smiled letting him help her down. "There aren't anymore are there?"

"Nope. That was the only one."

They got their sodas and walked back to the bed. "I don't think there's anything on TV," Bianca said turning the television off.

"I wonder what happened to Brianna and Kev?"

"Knowing Brianna they're probably at some hole-in-the-wall club partying like crazy."

"Yeah, Kevin's the same way, so it wouldn't surprise me at all." Just as those words left Nick's mouth, they heard the door unlock and open.

"Hey, guys," Brianna said walking into full view of the two startled teens.

"Brianna, what the hell happened to y'all?" Bianca asked staring at her best friend. "It's not raining is it?"

"Yeah, actually, it is," she said smiling at Kevin. "You two sure do look comfy."

"Um, we were just talking," Bianca blushed as she jumped up from the bed and sat down on the couch.

"I don't know if I believe that," Kevin said joining Brianna in teasing their friends.

"No, we really were just talking," Nick said looking uneasily at Kevin. "Besides, I don't think we're the ones that should be explaining. Y'all are the ones who look like you've been half drowned."

"We told you. It rained."

"Whatever. Anyway, I need to get going. Thanks for inviting me over, Bianca. I had a really good time," Nick said smiling sweetly at her.

"Hang on a sec and I'll walk you out," she said slipping on her sandals. "I'll be right back."

"I really did have a good time, even if I did almost have to take you to the hospital because of a spider," he joked.

"That's not funny," she smiled.

"C'mon, it was hilarious."

"No, it wasn't," she said playfully poking him in the side. "Okay, I guess it was a little funny, but I still feel like an idiot."

"Don't. It's only me."

"Yeah, you're right."

"Thanks. Words of encouragement from Bianca."

"I'm joking. I had a really good time, too. Maybe we can do it again sometime."

"Yeah, that would be fun," Nick said a little uneasily. He wanted to kiss her so badly, but knew he had to resist the urge. He knew he couldn't let it end up being an A.J. thing. "Well, I'll see you later."

"Yep. Thanks for keeping me company."

No problem," he smiled. "Bye."

"Bye," she smiled, adding "Be careful!"

"Okay, you too." With that he got on the elevator and Bianca went back inside to find out the scoop with Kevin and Brianna.

*At The Same Time*

"Think they really believe it rained?" Kevin asked flashing his sexy smile.

"I don't care what they believe," Brianna answered seductively as she reached for him. They both tumbled onto Brianna's bed laughing hysterically, and Kevin kissed Brianna softly.

They were about to move in for another kiss when they heard Bianca come back into the room. Not noticing the two jump up from the bed, she asked "Y'all don't really think I believe it rained, do you?" Looking at them she added "I'm not interrupting anything, am I?"

"Uh, no," Brianna said, unable to hide her exasperated tone.

"It's late. I really should get going," Kevin said pulling Brianna close to him and ignoring the fact that Bianca was still in the room. "You two have a long drive back to North Carolina tomorrow."

"I had a really great time," Brianna said, kissing him lightly on the lips.

"So, would you be up for another date? Maybe next time it won't rain," he replied laughing.

"I don't know, it sure was fun. I think the rain was my favorite part," Brianna said as Kevin led her to the door.

"Am I gonna be able to hear from you while you're back home? I can't let my baby be gone for three weeks and not talk to her at all."

"Of course," Brianna said with a smirk. "Call all you want."

Kevin leaned down to kiss her one last time, pushing her against the door and pressing his body to hers. His grip tightened on her hips as she ran her hands under his tank top, caressing his damp skin.

Breaking away, but still holding on to each other, they stared intently at each other. Kevin longed to stay, but couldn't.

"Call me tomorrow night and let me know y'all got home okay?" I'll worry if you don't."

"I can't argue with that, now can I?" Brianna asked. "I will."

"Goodnight, baby."

"Bye, Kevin."

Kevin left and Brianna closed the door behind her.

"I thought you two forgot about little old me," Bianca said sarcastically. "What happened? And I want details."

Brianna answered. "It's gonna be a long drive tomorrow, Bean. We'll need stuff to talk about then."

"Oh, all right," Bianca said faking a pout.

The two friends got ready for bed and were shortly fast asleep, excited about the trip home and all the good news they had to tell.