- Text Size +
Kevin slowly became more aware of his surroundings as his body was jarred around in the cramped space. He fought back the panic that was welling up in his chest, he needed to stay calm. He took in a shaky breath as he tried to remember what had happened to him.

His head was spinning, he felt like he was about to vomit. He attempted to straighten his legs out and was met with resistance. Trying to feel around he managed to grasp something firm, something human.

He said a quick prayer that whomever it was, was still alive. Suddenly though, the body let out a painful moan, and that's when it all came flooding back into Kevin's mind.

Trying to get away from the hospital...Howie coming through the door...Howie's frightened face as he was shoved down the stairs...Howie's broken body layed out in front of him...Then the exploding pain the his head...

He choked back a sob that he felt coming, as he tried to get his friend to wake up. "Howie...Howie man, answer me." After a few moments of silence Kevin realized that Howie was still pretty far out of it, and decided to get his bearings.

It didn't take Kevin long to realize that he was stuffed in the trunk of a car. He had no idea how long they had been in there, but by the crick in his neck he was guessing that it had been a while.

He let out a groan as the car hit a pothole, and as much as he fought it he couldn't stop it, his stomach emptied on the floor of the trunk. The smell caused him to continue gagging, he was beginning to feel like he was gonna pass out. He was almost positive that he had a concusion.

Thats when he felt the car slowing down, then come to a complete stop. He hoped that they were gonna take him and Howie out of this trunk, he didnt think he could handle being in there any longer. He then heard the doors to the car being slammed shut, and he felt the car shift from side to side. He felt the need to get sick again rising, then the trunk popped open.

"Fuckin Shit!" The man exclaimed as he waved his hand underneath his nose. "You stupid fucker, you threw up everywhere!"

The voice was much too loud for Kevin's pounding head. He felt as the man grabbed him roughly out of the trunk and dropped him to the hard ground. He watched as the man did the same with Howie.

"Now I'm gonna have to take it to get cleaned, you fucking prick!" The man said as he kicked Kevin hard in the ribs. "Get your ass up! And pick your friend up too while you're at it. I don't wanna carry his ass again."

Kevin stood up on shaky legs, not too sure if he'd be able to hold up his own weight none the less Howie's. He managed to though, as he bent down and scooped his friend up in his arms. Howie gave mild protest as his leg was moved and he let out an audible sob.

The man pushed Kevin forward towards the beaten down warehouse.

Kevin stummbled a few times before they got to the door, but was able to keep himself upright. He felt awful for the tears of pain that were streaming down Howie's face. He just hoped that his friend stayed unconsious for the time being, he knew the pain would be too much for his friend.

Then only a few steps into the hallway, the room began to spin and Kevin could no longer stand. His knee's buckled and he came crashing down to the floor, trying his best to keep his friend from being injured any more. He once again vomited on the floor infront of him, much to his kidnappers distaste.

"Oh come on you pussy, I didn't hit you that hard..." He once again connected his foot to Keivn's rib cage. "Get your ass up!"

Kevin cried out, "PLEASE, stop...I can't"! He sobbed as he fought to keep awake. His head was just spinning out of control as he looked ahead of him in the hallway. That's when the breath cought in his throat as he noticed he wasnt the only one on the floor. "Oh God, Nick!" He called out. Then he was suddenly yanked up and came face to face with the one person he hoped to never see, Rick.

"Glad you could join us Mr. Richardson." Rick said with a frightening voice.

Kevin's head rolled back, he couldn't even hold his own head up. "What...what did you do...to...to them?" He asked, the image of Nick and Jenn sprawled out on the floor not leaving his mind.

Rick let his gaze wonder over to them. "Oh, those two. They seem to have tried to escape, but no worries, they're not going anywhere."

Kevin felt as Rick slung his weak body up over his shoulder, he didn't even try to fight him as he allowed him to carry him away.

****

Sara and Brian had spent the past 30 minutes or so just in eachothers grasp. This time with only each other, almost allowed them to feel that everything was alright, but deep down they knew they were far from it.

The banging open of the door though, brought them crashing back to reality. They were both stuned when they saw Rick enter carrying a half concious Kevin, and some other man carrying Howie.

"Oh God, not them too..." Brian gasped out.

Sara felt Brian shaking as he saw two more of their friends suddenly dragged into this also. She just pulled him closer hoping to calm him down. She flinched as Rick carlessly dropped Kevin down across the room from them. She was worried when she noticed that his eyes were glazed and unfocused.

The man carrying Howie didn't even carry him across the room, he just dropped him down in the center. At this Howie's eyes finally snapped open as he sucked in a breath. He felt the need to scream as pain flowed up his leg and reached his brain, but he didn't.

Instead, he just bit his lip and looked to the side to see Sara quickly appoaching him.

Rick left without saying a word, as did the other man. Sara had gotten up before they had left though. She knew Howie would need somone to distract him from his pain. She had immediatly noticed his broken leg when he was dropped.

"Howie, whatever you do, don't move." Sara said as she brushed the lose curls off of his forehead.

"Oh God, it hurts." He bit his lip even harder, blood now beginning to seep from his lip.

"How, how did I get here?" He asked looking around to see Brian trying to get Kevin's attention.

"I'm not too sure hun, but I know that it couldn't have been pleasant." She said sadly, allowing her gaze to fall over to her husband.

Brian made his way over to his cousin as soon as Rick had exited the room. He was worried when he noticed that Kevin didn't seem to be focusing on anything, just staring ahead blankly. "Kev, can you hear me?" Brian asked as he began to inspect him for injuries.

Kevin's head slowly turned towards Brian, and he squinted his eyes. "Bri, is that you?" He asked.

Brian let out a hiss when he saw the wound on the top of Kevin's head, "You're bleeding." Brian stated.

"He pushed Howie down the stairs." Kevin began to mumble. "Then hit me on the head. I threw up in his car though..." He smiled at that.

"I think you have a concussion Kev." Brian said as he placed Nick's bloodied shirt ontop of Kevin's head, hoping to stop the bleeding.

Then suddenly Kevin's face fell, "Nick and Jenn didn't look so good. We need to help them." He tried to stand up, but Brian held him down.

"You don't need to be getting up Kev, there's nothing we can do." Brian's voice had a slight saddness to it. He noticed that Sara had now approached them and sat down next to him. "Is Howie ok?"

Sara sadly shook her head. "The pain was too much, he passed back out. His leg is in really bad shape, I wonder how it got broken so bad."

"He called for me," Kevin began. "And when I turned around the man pushed him. He never saw it coming...all those stairs." Kevin's eyes were fluttering closed, but snapped back open as he heard the door opening. "Nick..." He called out.

They all watched as Nick and Jenn were litterally dragged into the room. Brian's heart went heavy when he saw that both of his friends were out cold, just hoping that they were still alive.

"Littrell!" Rick called out snidely. "You and your whore need to come with me."

Sara flinched when he called her a whore, and she felt like one. She slowly made eye contact with Brian and knew that they had no other choice then to go with their captor.

"That's what I thought!" Rick said as he pushed Brian forward, then allowed Sara to get between them. Brain gave one last look to his cousin, but quickly realized that Kevin wasn't even glancing in his direction. He just hoped he would see him again as the door was closed, blocking his vision of the room.

The room was deathly silent, no one moving, and hardly breathing. Death was looming in the air, there was nothing more sure than that at this moment.

...Please Review!