- Text Size +
***************************************************************************
Hi y´all. Sorry for the lack of updates, but I was kinda sick the last week and couldn't sit down at my PC to write this chaptor down, but I came up with some really good ideas for the story so from now on updates should be more regular. Thanks for the reviews by the way.
***************************************************************************

Chapter 11: False conclusions


When AJ was back in his room that night, or better to say, early the next morning, he felt the urge to drink. More than ever the last three years. It had been a tough night.

Of course he hadn't left when Brian broke down in that bar. But Brian hadn’t spoken much. He just said that the pressure everybody put onto his shoulders was becoming too much for him. AJ hadn't believed that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So…” AJ said, not knowing where exactly to start.

“So what!” Brian never looked up.

“What about Leighanne and Baylee?” he asked carefully.

“What about them?” Brian kept looking at his new glass of beer.

“You know…the thing that…they might have to leave..?” AJ was confused.

“They'll not.” Brian's voice was dead calm when he said that.

“But…” AJ wasn’t stupid, but he needed Brian to open up more.

“NO, AJ” Brian now looked up into AJ´s eyes.

AJ could see hurt and disappointment in them. He was shocked when he noticed that they had turned from the shine blue to a glassy shade of grey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~End of Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He had changed the topic then, although it was mainly him talking. Brian barely said a word. He had hoped that if they would talk about something different, and Brian would continue to drink some beer, he would open up a little more later on. But that hadn't worked out.

So AJ had just sat there watching as Brian drank some more beers. He hadn't been drunk, maybe a little intoxicated, but not drunk.

He had finally made Brian come with him and so they left the bar around 2.00 a.m. Brian had disappeared into his room.

AJ was furious that he hadn't gotten Brian to talk about everything that seemed to bother him. He had the feeling that his friend might do something stupid if they made his family go home.

Hell that was totally to be understood. If Leighanne and Baylee really had to go home, Brian would get to see his son maybe once a month. That was if he was lucky.



Brian went into his hotel room to find Leighanne up and awake on the couch in the living room area. He had hoped that if he would drink a little he might be able to get some sleep tonight. He hadn't really been sleeping the last days.

Leighanne looked up as her husband opened the door to their room. He looked like a mess. As if he had cried. And she could tell that he had been drinking.

“I was worried” she said softly.

“Sorry about making you.” Brian slowly walked over to her.

“Why have you been drinking?” Leighanne put a hand on Brian's check when he had sat down.

“Don't know.” He said closing his eyes.

“Brian, you have to stop doing this to yourself. You are worried sick; they make you work like a maniac.” Leighanne pulled his husband in a close embrace.

She slowly caressed his neck.

They pulled apart, looked at each other. Brian finally got up, pulling her with him, smiling slightly. They went to the bedroom not saying another word.



When Kevin had gotten back into the hotel after the meeting he an Nick had done at the Video-Company he felt far from being tired. He had been sitting the whole day and therefore felt the urge o do something, even if it was late in the evening already. So Kevin decided to pay the hotel bar a little visit.

“What the hell...”Kevin muttered out lout when he went into the bar. From his point of view he could only see AJ sitting at a table far away from the door, “he couldn't be doing this again, could he?”

Kevin immediately headed for the table he had spotted AJ at, his big brother intentions kicking in. He was about to make a scene in front of everyone again, but then he saw his cousin.

“He looks like shit” was the first thought Kevin got.

He tried to get a closer look at his cousin. He instantly saw Brian's swollen eyes and the way his eyes were starring blankly at nothing and that was all he needed to become really angry at his cousin.

He's drunk. Totally drunk. And that with AJ sitting in front of him. What kind of a person had his little cousin become? His unreliable behaviour, his selfishness, that wasn't Brian at all! Were this all results of his marriage to Leighanne?

Maybe that was the reason for Brian's behaviour. Maybe he was going the same way AJ did? But Kevin wasn't going to show any compassion. He had have compassion for AJ´s situation. But not for Brian. He had been old enough to cope with the fame, he did have a family. And he had seen AJ´s suffering. HE had no excuses for becoming an alcoholic.

“I never thought he could be this irresponsible. He has a son who should be looking up to his father. I would never give my son a reason to be ashamed of me.” Kevin bitterly thought.

“Can I help you Sir?” a young female voice got him out of his thoughts.

He looked at the waitress which was standing next to him waiting politely for him to answer.

“No, I'm sorry. I think I'm tired, I'm gonna go to bed now,“ he gave her a excusive smile and she left.

Kevin turned around and went for the elevators to go up in his room. In his mind a newly extraordinary Backstreet internal meeting took shape. This time he would point his opinions out straight.

“Let's see how Brian's gonna take this.” He grimaced while boarding the elevator.