- Text Size +
Chapter 13: Bad luck


When Brian had left the room, AJ also was about to head out of the room. He was angry, for some good reason, but he knew that too much had happened in the past so that he just tried to stay calm and leave. But obviously Nick had other plans.

“Stay, AJ! I think we should talk this through. With or without Brian!” AJ was impressed how adult Nick could sound if he wanted to.

He hesitated. He had planned on following Brian and talk to him.

“There is no need to talk to him right now. Let him calm down”, Howie said looking deep in AJ´s eyes.

“Yeez, D. Could you stop reading my mind?” AJ thought while sitting down again.

Howie couldn’t help but smile at the obvious confusion at his friends face. “I have known you quite a while now!”

“Yeah, scary!” AJ said with a smile. Howie used to be his closest buddy, but nowadays… his smile faded. “I should go see Brian!” he thought again.

“I think we should talk about our plans on the Paris-Meeting!” Kevin interrupted AJ´s thoughts.

“What plans?” AJ asked surprised.

“Well, you know what this meeting is about?” Kevin asked.

“Well, parts of the topics…”, he trailed off.

“Main topic will be Brian and his family as you know very well!” Nick said ironically.

Were they going to stop this crap? AJ wondered if he and Brian had been fooled by the attitude of their friends. They sure were against Leigh and Baylee leaving. As they should be. Maybe the played along so that the management thought it was save to force Brian to sent them home? AJ smiled and waited for the others to tell what they had planned on doing…

**********************************************************************

He wasn’t sure were he was going. This hotel sure was huge. He headed for the directions a sign had told him the next elevator was. He hadn't taken the easy way away from the conference room. He was sure one of the others was trying to follow him. But he wanted to be alone right now.

He reached to elevator and pushed the button for the first floor. He immediately regret his decision as the door opened and he was greeted be a shriek. “BRIIIIIIAAAAAANNN!” – “OHHH MYYY GOOOOODD. IT`SSSS HIIMMM!

He was too startled to do anything like leaving the small room of the elevator before the bunch of screaming girl who had been waiting in the entrance hall for them crushed into him full force.

These weren’t the fans he liked. These were what they called “Fanatics”, crazy girls who´d do anything to just get a look at them, not to speak about a grab. But they were also the dangerous ones, because the never really seemed to think of what they were doing.

“Hold on girl! Would you let me breath?” He almost shouted.

Were have these girls come from? There were like twenty on them. Why hadn't security “asked” them to leave?

The twenty of them tried to force their way into the elevator. Brian was pressed against the back of the elevator, the girls pressed against himself as the ones in the back tried to get closer to him.

“ARE YOU CRAZY??? STOP PUSHING!” Brian shouted, but considered that shouting wasn’t helping him to breath. Were was the security.

Brian saw that a little girl, maybe aged 16 to his left was crying and trying to breath. She was shocked and looked like a deer caught in the headlights. Brian once again tried to free himself a little by pushing back the girls, but of course there was no way of pushing back a crowd of crazed teenyboppers.

His gaze again feel to the small girl he had watched before, just in time to see her eyes roll back in the head which dropped and crashed against the wall left to him.

Then he heard the shouts of “GET OUT OF THE ELEVATOR!” and “GO AWAY! STOP IT!”. He recognised the voices as Tom's and Bubbas, their head securities just before the last bit of oxygen emerged for him lungs and darkness surrounded him.

************************************************************************

AJ´s smile had faded as soon as it had spread. The hopes he had had left into his friends had been destroyed as he had listened to their “plan”. He felt sick. This were his friends?

“So that’s what we gonna do. It’s the only way!” Kevin summarised.

“No, its not!” AJ had said this out lout before even thinking about it.

“What do you mean?” Kevin's eyes starred into AJ`s.

“Stop this crap. It’s bullshit, and you know this. You are …”; he was interrupted by Nick.

Again his voice was calm and sounded mature. “AJ, do you think this is a proper way of showing us that it was right to forgive you and put our trusts in you again?”

AJ gulped.

“I guess you have to take part of one side! Whether on Brian's, or on ours and the management’s.

AJ was sure he was going to vomit onto the table any second. Choosing sides? Between Brian and them? Were was this going? This was crazy…it was insane..

Suddenly the door busted open. Bubba, their master bodyguard was standing there, looking exhausted and rugged, breathing heavily.

“Bubba, this is an interior meeting, you know…”, Kevin was about to lecture the one head taller and three times broader black man about manners and stuff, but again was interrupted by the bodyguard.

“Guys, there was an accident…”