- Text Size +
6
Jim made sure we worked our butts off, having NO free time what so ever. Well, until the end of the day. By the time we reached our hotel rooms, it was nearly midnight. We all were walking around like the living dead. All I could think about was throwing off my shoes and going to sleep. I didn't even care about my nice outfit I was currently wearing. I would have gladly fallen asleep in a tux, I was that tired.

"Guys, before we go off to bed we need to have that talk" Brian said.

We were so busy that I hardly even remembered what had transpired in the morning. It felt like years had gone by. But Brian was right, I guess that was the first time all day we had been left alone. Jim was really watching us like a hawk. Especially me. I think he was hoping I'd tell somebody. Sick as that sounds. I think he would rather get caught and hurt me then just sit back and hope his terrorizing glances would scare me to death.

I WAS scared to death.

We decided to meet in Howie's room this time around and once Kevin was convinced that Jim was nowhere in sight, he shut the door and bolted it.

"So? What is the deal man?" AJ asked Kevin who was still standing right next to the door. I think he was scared to death too.

"I think we need to call Lou about Jim"

"What exactly did he do?" Brian asked.

Kevin immediately walked over to me and motioned for me to remove my shirt. I felt violated. But I did it anyway.

"Oh my God!! Are you saying that Jim did that?"

I nodded. They looked at Kevin for reassurance. He also nodded.

"Yeah, we totally need to call Lou. Nick how could you let him do that to you?" I couldn't believe Brian just asked me that question. It really hurt that he said that. Made me feel like I was a loser for not being able to fight him off. I know he didn't mean it like that but that's how I took it.

"He's just a kid Bri, come on...He would have easily been able to do that to you too. To any of you"

I noticed that Kevin didn't mention what Jim had done to him and as tempted as I was to bring it up, I decided to let it go.

"What are we going to say to Lou?" Howie asked sounding more serious then I think I have ever heard him before.

"Not sure"

"Just tell him that Jim is an ass"

"Oh yeah AJ, that will work" I said rolling my eyes.

"I still don't see why we have to tell Lou anything" I said.

"Nick, after what he did to you? Why would you NOT want to tell Lou? Hell I can't believe that you haven't told half the world by now" AJ said.

Kevin took it upon himself to answer for me, "He's afraid that Lou will fire him or something" They didn't understand but then again, I didn't really expect them too. They didn't know me. They had NO idea how bad my family needed this.

"But Nicky, he hurt you"

"I'll live"

"You shouldn't have to live with that"

"He was icing his shoulder this morning" AJ said looking my way.

"Who can blame him, I would be too" Brian said.

"So it is agreed that we talk to Lou then?" Kevin asked, everyone nodded but me. I was to busy playing out how I would explain to my parents why I managed to screw things up for them.

AGAIN.

"Okay, we will call first thing in the morning. Now everyone get some sleep. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a long day" We all nodded. I wanted to cry but I held back my tears. At least I would be seeing my family soon again, because Lou was SO going to fire all of our asses!

That night. I couldn't sleep, just stayed awake staring up at the wall. I was thinking about calling Lou ahead of time and telling him that the guys were going to be playing a prank on him. Maybe that would keep things peaceful. Because that's what I needed, Peace.

Someone began jiggling our doorhandle, which scared me to death. I got out of bed as quietly as I could and tip toed over to Kevin "Kevin" I whispered into his ear. He bat my face lightly as if I were a mosquito or something. The door continued to jiggle.

"Kevin" I said a little louder. The jiggling stopped and was replaced by a gentle knock. Whoever it was heard me.

I looked over to Kevin again, trying to decided if he would totally kill me if I woke him just so he could answer a door. Deciding that YES he would, I walked over and gently opened the door.

Once the door opened it happened so fast, I didn't even have time to react. Jim pulled me into the hallway, closed the door and covered my mouth.

"Come with me" He said.

I followed him and grew more and more nervous the closer we got to his door. I thought about running, but for some reason, I didn't. He led me to his room pushed me in and locked the door behind him.

"You need to do something for me kid" He said looking a hair nervous.

"W-w-w-Hat?" I stammered. When I got this scared, I often started to stutter.

"You need to make a phone call for me, to Lou" Is it possible that he had read my mind?

"Why?" He shoved the phone at me, "Just do it!" He said slicking his hair back in a nervous gesture.

"What am I supposed to say?"

"Just say that Jim wants to talk to you" I was confused. Very confused. Once again I didn't have much time to take it all in because Jim started yelling out the numbers I was to dial. I was afraid if I missed one he would kill me, So I let my full concentration go to calling up Lou at...I looked over at the clock.

"It's only 5 in the morning there Jim"

"Yeah, so?"

"Lou will be pissed" That made Jim let out a belly laugh, "Kid you have NO idea!"

As if right on cue, the phone began to ring. I didn't know if I should hang up after the 4th ring or not.

"What if a machine gets it?"

"He will answer" Jim said sounding rather confident now.

Sure enough after about the tenth ring, a very sleepy Lou answered the phone.

"Hello?" He said sounding raspy and disoriented.

"Mr...um...Pearlman?"

"Yes, who the hell is this?" I bit my bottom lip and looked over at Jim, he had a huge grin on his face.

"It's Nick Carter sir" He paused, getting ready to yell..

"Nick, son is something wrong at home?" Why would he say at home?

"NO sir..um..but Jim wants to speak to you" More silence.

"Jim?"

"Yes"

"Why is Jim with you?" What kind of silly question was that? Before I had a chance to ask Lou that, Jim grabbed the phone away from me.

"Hi Lou!" I couldn't hear what Lou was saying but, I heard Jim's words loud and clear.

"Yeah that's right he is with me, they ALL are" I sat across from him trying to make sense of it all.

"See, that's the beauty of it, they all think YOU sent me here with them"

Didn't Lou send him here?

"No! See I've been thinking about this Lou, and you owe me for your time, and my trouble. I worked my ass off for you and these punk ass kids!"

YAY! Lou was firing him!

"I want money..lot's of it"

Lou won't give you money!

"NO way, as a matter of fact, tonight we are going somewhere else so don't even try to track us down. NO police, no families you understand?"

But we can't go anywhere because we have a really busy schedule ahead of us...police?

"I'll let Nick call you again later and I want my demands met! You understand?"

Demands?

"They are fine" He shot me an evil grin, "For now" Then he hung up the phone.

"I'm confused Jim, where are we going?" He grabbed me by my shirt and pulled me next to him.

"Are you really that stupid kid?" He pushed me away and I fell to the floor.

"We are going on a little trip NOW!"

"I still don't.." He raised his arm up into the air as if to hit me. I flinched.

"We need to go back to your room and wake up Kevin and the others. We need to leave now"

"Why?"

"Don't ask me questions Nick. Just do it, and another thing" He walked towards me again and kicked my leg.

"Do you like your new friends Nicky?"

"Yes"

"Wouldn't you just HATE it if something horrible were to happen to them?"

"Yes"

"Then I better not here you tell ANYBODY what just happened in here"

"But I should call my Mom and tell her that we are..."

"No calling Mommy either. I already told her we are going on a trip where there will be no phones"

"I still should"

"Nick, no, now are you going to be a good boy and listen to what I just told you? Or am I going to have to tie you up in here and take care of everything myself?"

Believe it or not, it wasn't until he said those words, that I finally figured out what was going on. Suddenly my throat was so dry, I could barely swallow.

"I will be good" I managed to get out.

"Good, now..let's go wake up those boys and remember what I said, if you tell them about this, I will have to take action" I nodded.

"I'm watching you" He said as he followed me back to my room and turned on the light waking Kevin up.

"What the fuc.."

"Ah..Richardson watch your language"

"What is going on?" He asked looking very sleepy. I said nothing, just started to pack. I am surprised that I didn't just pass out from total fear.

"We need to go, I made a huge mistake..We need to be in San Fransico by morning"

"What?"

"Just shut up and pack. I'll go wake the others" He said getting ready to leave. Kevin jumped up and ran past him, "No, that's okay I will do that." He said. Then glancing my way he smiled at me and went to go wake up the rest.

I wanted to warn him, warn them all but I was to afraid.

SO I just kept packing. "This is going to work really nicely I think" Jim said as he sat on the bed and watched me pack.

Kevin came staggering back in, "they are packing now"

"Good, and don't worry about calling your parents, I already gave them the new phone number of the place we will be staying. I also apologized for my mistake"

"Cool" Kevin said as he packed.

Jim just sat on the bed and watched the two of us pack. I knew Kevin wanted him to leave so he could call Lou. I knew he did. but of course, Jim never left us alone.

Brian, Howie and AJ came in with bags packed and ready to go. "I hope none of you called your parents" Jim said nervously. I hope they had.

"No friggin way, it's too damn early. My Mom would kill my ass" AJ said.

"Good, I called anyway, everything's taken care of"

I knew this was my last chance. My only chance to say something. We were in the process of being kidnapped and I just let it happen.

"Okay guys, let's get moving. We have a LONG ride ahead of us"

With that being said, we all shuffled out of the room one by one. Me pulling up the rear with Jim right on my butt. "Remember what I said Nicky" He whispered sending chills down my spine...