- Text Size +
Friends are the most important people that you can have in your life. They are more important than cars, money, sports, or clothes. You can’t talk to your car about how you hate your now ex-boyfriend for cheating on you. And your clothes won’t be able to help you cram for your midterm. Friends CAN do that.

They listen to you when you need to vent. They help you understand your chemistry homework. They comfort you when you need it. They always know how to cheer you up, and when that doesn’t work, they know to leave you alone. The only way they can read you like that is by trust.

Without trust, there is nothing. No joking, no caring, nothing. If you break their trust, you break your life. To mend your friendship, you don’t need to buy your friends anything or apologize until you can’t think of anything else to say. All you have to do is to be kind. All you need to do is show that you care.

Once trust is back, you can put your life back together. You will be able to confide in someone again. You will be able to go on road trips again. You will be able to make inside jokes again. You will be able to live again. You will feel loved again.

There is only one more important thing in life when it comes to friends; belonging. Having friends and belonging go hand in hand. To feel that you belong is the greatest experience because it makes you feel complete.