- Text Size +

Boys or Ballet?




Chapter One


Point and flex. Point and flex.


"Come on ladies, let's stretch those legs!"

Isabelle went through the stretches Madame Marie lead her class through. It was time for pointe class and Madame always had them stretch very well before they danced. Wearing toe shoes was a wonderful thing, however they could also be dangerous.

Isabelle Delacour, Lara McDonnell, and Kelly Rogers were all best friends. The three girls had come together because they all had one true love, Ballet.

The girls attended The Royal Ballet School in England even though they came from very different places. Isabelle from France, Lara from Ireland and Kelly from America. The girls were fifteen years old, in their last year attending Lower School.

The Lower School girls all housed in a beautiful building named White Lodge which housed the girls eleven to sixteen. Girls sixteen through eighteen attended Upper School.

White Lodge was located in the rural surroundings of Richmond Park, west of London while Upper school was located in the beautiful Covent Garden in Central London which connected to The Royal Opera House.

The girls had survived hard try outs to be accepted into the school famous for producing such great names in ballet such as Dame Margot Fonteyn, Dame Antoinette Sibley, Anthony Dowell and Darcey Bussell. It was their dream to become such great dancers, and few girls and boys could only hope that they too would cross the bridge to Prima.

"Come on Isabelle we are starting." Lara whispered to her friend.

Isabelle quickly finished tying the stain ribbons on her toe shoes and joined the other girls at the barre.

She rested her hand lightly along the wooden beam as Madame Marie lead the girls through some basic dance steps.

"And one, two demi-plie. Nice job Isabelle. Turn out a little more Kelly. Very lovely girls."

Isabelle smiled as she carefully worked her body through the motions.

"Very nice, now lift slowly into an arabesque. Hold that leg strong now Lara."

Isabelle watched from the corner of her eye as Lara adjusted her leg. Isabelle admired her friends long, graceful lines.

Madame Marie walked along the other girls correcting the little mistakes most people might not notice, but in Madame's class, perfection was a must.

After work out at the barre was complete, the girls moved to center. Madame led the girls through Bouree. These were quick running like steps that were sometimes performed on demi-pointe but more often they were done on pointe.

By the time class was over, some of her fine blond hair had fallen out of her bun and her cheeks were red from working so hard.

She and her friends were quite sweaty but unlike other girls their own age, they did not mind because they knew how hard they worked and that was more important.

Isabelle and her friends quickly went into the locker room to shower and dress before they went to the canteen for lunch. After they went through the line they looked around.

Nick Carter, Brian Littrell and Kevin Richardson waved them over to their table.

"Hi guys, how is it going?" Nick asked.

"First day of class is always amazing." Lara said trying her wet red hair into a pony tail.

The guys nodded.

"I did have a nice break but it is always so nice to come back. This is like our home, we are a family." Brian said.

Isabelle smiled as her friends chatted happily together. She glanced over and was shocked to see that Brian kept glancing in her direction. That was strange. They had all been friends for such a long time. She also couldn't help but notice how good looking he had gotten over break.

She looked at her friends and realized that Lara was happily chatting with Nick while Kelly was doing the same with Kevin.

Oh well, I guess things do change after all. Isabelle thought. But who has time to be interested in boys when we have to focus on ballet?

"Do you like your baked chicken?"

Isabelle looked up.

"What?"

"I asked you if you liked your baked chicken?" Brian said smiling at her.

"Oh yes, it is excellent." Isabelle said with a smile taking a bit of the seasoned chicken.

Because ballerina's were a certain body type, they all watched what they ate. Baked skinless chicken was a favorite among many of the dancers.

Yet, they weren't expected to suffer without treats of normal teenages. The students were allowed to keep a tuck box where they kept stuff such as their favorite candies, chocolates, chips and other yummy foods. Each Saturday they were allowed one treat from their box.

"After lunch who is up for a game of soccer?" Kelly asked.

Kevin smirked.

"In our language, the American means Football."

Kelly blushed. She sometimes forgot how different American phrases were than English.

They all agreed and ran outside to play getting some of their friends to join in on the fun.

A/N ok fellow fanfic readers. I am trying to come back into the fanfic world with this story I just started. I have done a lot of research for it and I hope you like it. Please please please leave me some feedback so I can know what you all think.