- Text Size +
Sowwy this took so long loves. i was having a real problem posting. it would only let me post the first chapter, which is wierd. bu t i got it sorted out for now.
Ok, I noticed I messed some of the previous dates up, so from now on the dates I post are the correct ones! Sowwy about the typos!!!!!!!
Please please please review!!!!! I would love it so much! It makes me wanna write faster. And I hope everyone likes this chapter! Muah my darlings!


Chapter 9

I was pretty much freaked out and shaky on my way home. The rest of the afternoon I didn’t see Nick, and while I was on my way out I saw his boat was not on the dock. I was pretty spazzed the whole drive to my apartment, and as soon as I got home, I called Sara. She was on her way home from her meet and greet, with a fresh new autograph from her future husband, but as soon as I began talking to her, she dropped her happy giggly voice.

“Laur, what’s wrong sweetie?” she asked as I threw my purse on the sofa.

“I think I’m going to get fired.” I whispered. “I was about to continue with my story, but she spoke first. “Hun, get in your pajamas, I’ll be right there.” She replied, hanging up.

Later that night....

“And so he was like, telling me his family drama, and I told him that we’ve told each other to much and that I had to go. So I left.” I finished, scooping out another spoonful of chocolate ice cream.

“Sweetie, so you got in a fight. You guys are practically like a couple anyway. You’ve fought before. It’s no biggie. He probably won’t even remember tomorrow.” Sara said, scooping from our carton of ice cream. I sighed and took another bite. “I’m just so scared I'm going to be fired. I didn’t even get to move into my new apartment. This is going to be so bad. And it’s so weird because I’ve never told anyone about my mom, well, except for you. I don’t even know why I felt compelled to tell him. I hate that he knows.” I went on.

“Maybe you told him ‘cause you knew he had home problems too. Lauri, listen to me. You. Are. Not. Getting. Fired. Trust me. What grounds can they fire you on. And if they do, take ‘em to court. Freedom of speech infringement. You’ll get like, fifty million dollars. So it’s a win-win situation.” She shrugged. I smiled. “Thanks Sar.” I smiled. “No problem. Now... for some good news....” she said, pulling something from her bag. She smiled and produced a large sheet of paper with some scribbling on it.” “He touched it.” She whispered, amazed. I laughed and took the paper from her hands. It was Topher Grace’s scribbled name and a message that looked something like ‘Thanks for the love. You’re a cutie.’ Or something to that effect. I smiled back and handed it to her. “I think it’s amazing.” She jumped up from the couch and squealed. “I know!” she danced. “OK, we are going to watch ‘Friends’ and eat pizza for the rest of the night because EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS GOOD EVEN CRAPPY BOSSES!” she hugged me, and then ran to the kitchen to order pizza.

This was JUST what I needed.

November 14th

I groaned as I opened my eyes the next morning. Where was I? Why do I smell like pizza? Why does the damn Friends theme keep replaying in my head? I glanced over at the clock and read 7:32. Thank God for Saturdays.

Then my eyes flew open. Holy shit, it’s Tuesday. Quickly, everything came flooding back to me. The fight yesterday. Sara coming over. Keeping the Friends DVD in, ordering pizza, falling asleep on the sofa. I looked over and saw Sara scrunched up on the side of the couch, softly snoring. I have to be at work in.... 28 minutes. And it’s a forty five minute drive. And I still have to take a shower.

“Sara!” I screeched, jumping off the sofa and turning off the DVD player before the Friends theme played for the fifth time and I’d have to throw the TV out of the window. She groggily began to wake up. “Sara, it’s 7:30!” I hissed, throwing pizza into the box, trying to clean up the living room. “Don’t you have to be in work soon?” she asked, rubbing her eyes. “Yes!” I practically yelled. Having a fight with a boss and then coming into work late the next day was NOT a good thing. “Laur, you get showered and.... stuff. I’ll clean up down here.” She said, beginning to stand. “Thanks so much!” I said, running down the hall to get ready.

I got ready faster than I ever had in all my life. In a quick half hour, I showered, dressed, and put on my makeup. I threw my hair up in a wet bun, not even bothering to dry it. I was gonna regret that later, but whatever.

I ran down the hallway. On the way to the front door, Sara handed me a brown paper bag. “Have a nice day at work, hunny.” She smiled, kissing my cheek. “Thanks, loser.” I said, grabbing my purse. “Where are my keys?” I pouted, looking through my purse. She dangled them in front of me. “Go, go, you’re late. I’ll let myself out later.” “Thanks Sar. And thanks for last night.” I said, giving her a hug. “Go be fabulous at work.” She called after me as I ran to the car.

8:56

I gave up on rushing. It just wasn’t worth it. At least there wasn’t too much traffic today. I walked up to the front door of his house. Opened it, and walked straight to my office. I usually stopped by the kitchen to grab some coffee or rummage through his fridge. I put all my stuff down on my desk, turned the computer on, and then reached for my phone, playing my messages. There was one from Teen Beat requesting an interview before the tour, one from some photographer asking for a meeting for photo approvals, and one from Kodi. As soon as the message was finished, I almost passed out. All it said was, “Hey Lauri, it’s Kodi. Listen, as soon as you get this, please call me back. It’s pretty urgent, so, yeah, when you get this, call me. Bye.”

I almost burst into tears. She is going to fire me. Nick told her about how I talked about him and cursed at him, and I'm getting fired. I shakily dialed her number, and almost passed out while it ringed. She finally answered on the fourth ring.

“Hey Kodi, it’s Lauri.” I said, sitting in my chair shaking. “Hey Lauri. Alright, I have some news, and I'm not sure how you’re gonna take it, so just bare with me, OK?” she asked. My breathing began to increase as she spoke. This is it.

“OK, I’m sure you know how the tour has been pushed back to January 4th, right?” she asked. I nodded, then replied yes, my throat dry. I was trying to figure out how this would get me fired. “Ok, well, basically, we want to have a PR go on tour with him. We had one at the office to go, but she is now on maternity leave. So.... congratulation, your traveling the country.” She said quickly. “I’m going on tour?” I asked. I literally almost passed out. I almost dropped the phone and the sweat on my forehead began to clear. “Yeah. I mean, I thought you wouldn’t be happy, considering how much you love Nick.” She replied with a laugh.

“Thank you so much, Kodi.” I replied, wiping a stray tear from my eye. “Thank you so much.” “Gosh, Lauri, are you crying. Sweetie, I'm so sorry, do you not want to go that bad? I can see if I can find anyone else.” She said quickly. “No! No, I'm sorry Kodi. It’s just been a... stressful day yesterday. I’m sorry. No, I’m happy. It’s going to be awesome. Traveling the country. That’s awesome.” I replied.

She didn’t believe that I was happy so I explained the whole fiasco that was yesterday. She just laughed. She thought it was an entertaining story and she reassured me there would be no firing. She also told me that there would be a whole information package being sent to my house before the tour and there would be a meeting to explain everything to me, so not to worry about it right now. She also told me movers would be at my apartment on Thursday to get all my stuff together. I felt so much more... rejuvenated after I hung up with Kodi. I was almost in tears, but I was happy. Goin on tour would be really, really cool. I always wanted to travel the country, and I was getting paid for it. As long as I don’t have to be around Nick that much, then we have no problems.

I was alone for about an hour, making appointments and playing solitaire before Nick came in. He walked right up to my desk, took a breath and began to speak. “Lauri, I’m sorry about yesterday.” Was all he said. I looked up at him, and I spoke too.” “It’s ok, Nick.” I didn’t know what else to say. There really wasn’t anything that I thought was appropriate. “I didn’t mean to make you feel uncomfortable, and I really didn’t want you to talk about your mom.” I nodded. “It’s really ok, Nick. It’s over. There are no problems.” I replied. He nodded to and gave me a half smile. “Friends?” he asked. I looked at him, and I think he could tell by my face that the answer wasn’t what he wanted to be. “Nick, you’re my boss. I really don’t want to pursue a workplace friendship. Believe me, I’ve had them before, and it just complicates everything. Plus, friendship isn’t just something you call after you have a fight with someone. But, if you want us to be cordial to each other, without us making quips at each other, I’m ok with that. I think that will smooth everything out. Considering we are going to be together everyday for a couple months on tour.” I replied. “Your going on your with me? I thought Sherelle was.” “Maternity leave.” I answered. He smiled, and stuck his hand out. “Well, don’t worry, I’m gonna make a friend out of you.” He replied. I shook my head. “No you’re not.” I replied. I wanted to smile, but I didn’t. I think I should still be mad at him. He shrugged. “I think I could work with this whole cordial thingy.” He said, walking towards that door. “I’m glad were not, like, pissed at each other anymore.” He smiled, opening the door. “Me too.” I replied, giving him a VERY small style.

Before he opened walked out of the room, he looked over his shoulder and said, “Hey, I think I heard my laundry buzz earlier, so if you wanna go grab it..” he smiled, shutting the door behind him. I stared at the door, my mouth gapping open. After a few minutes, the door creaked open, and he stuck his head through. “I was just kidding.” He laughed, then shut the door again.

I smiled, shook my head, and began to set up a photoshoot for tomorrow. I guess this could work out.

At least I don’t want to rip his eyes out anymore.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
review please darlings!