- Text Size +
ok, i knew this chappy took FOREVER. i aploogize for that. and i know it's really short,a nd i apologise for that, too. The thing is, i just started my ap chem class, which was a big mistake, but whatever. Now the only time i get to go out with my friends is the weekends, so i wont have alot of time to write. so expect short, sparse chapters from now till about the first week of may, when i take my ap chem test. after that, it shouldnt be AS bad. so im really sorry, but it should still all work out, i hope! I hope you all are still enjoying it as much as i love writing it! and please review cause that would make me SO happy! love you ladies!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Monday - November 20th,

I really, really, REALLY praise him for trying. I mean, he is being as sweet to me as he can possibly be, but I really really REALLY want to smack him in the face.

Not in a mean way, just in a ‘Tone it the fuck down’ kind of way.

I guess in all honesty, life was going extremely well for me. I had just moved into my new apartment on Thursday which was just about the most amazing thing that has every happened to me, I was getting paid extremely well, and I now had a boss that did everything for me but bake me pie everyday.

So I’m sitting there doing my ‘work’, minding my own damn business, when Nick bounds in to the office for what, and this is only if I'm counting right, had to be the sixth time today. And it’s only 1:45.

He sat on the chair opposite my desk, leaning his elbows on it and staring at me.

“I’m bored.” He stated flatly. “I know. You told me forty two times.” I replied with equal enthusiasm. That’s another thing I'm wondering. Is he just being nice to me now since all his friends are either away or unable to visit him since it’s so near Thanksgiving?

He took in a deep breath, released, picked up a legal pad on my desk, and began to doodle. “I want to go out.” He stated. I stopped typing, stared at him with that look on my face like, ‘So?’ and then replied, “Then go out.” “But there is no where to go.” He whined. “Nick, I don’t know what to tell you. Figure something out. And leave, because I have... work to finish.” I said.

Now I’ll let you in on a little secret. I’m not REALLY working. Well, unless you consider trying to win my third game of solitaire working. I just wanted him out of the room because I had enough stuff to worry about without listening to him whine about how there is nothing in the state of Florida, or the east coast, to do.

“What are you doing for Thanksgiving?” He finally blurted out. Great. JUST the topic I wanted to think about. “I’m going to my mom’s.” I replied quickly. “But I thought....” he started. “Yeah, I know.” I cut him off. “I only spend time with her on Thanksgiving. Believe me, it’s not my dream way to spend my time, but.... it’s my mom,” I shrugged, “What can I do?” He nodded slowly. “What are you doing?” I asked. “I’m... going to Brian’s.” he replied. “Your not going to your parents?” I asked. “Noo...” he started. “See, they’re split, so, come the holidays, its better not to pick one to spend it with. It just starts this whole power war. Like, ‘Haha, Nick is staying with me.’ It’s really sickening. I mean, I don’t want to stay at Brian’s ya know. He has his own family and his own thing, and I don’t mean to intrude, but he won’t let me stay by myself, so I stay with him. It’s cool though. It’s just.... better.” He shrugged. I felt bad for him, but I didn’t know what to say. “Shit happens, huh?”

Damnit that sounded A LOT better in my head. Thankfully, he just laughed. “Yeah, gotta roll with it.” He smiled. I grinned. “Roll with it, everything will be fine.” I jokingly sang. “I knew you listened to our music!” he laughed. “Not really, just a little research.” I said innocently. “Yeah, right. So how many concert you gone to?” he laughed, crossing his arms over his chest. I laughed again. “Please, I couldn’t afford to go to one of your concerts. They were like, 60 bucks. I had something called tuition to pay for.” I replied. “So you knew how much tickets cost.” He said with a sly smile. “Duh. My roommate used to be a fan. I heard her complain about the price. And I wasn’t a fan.” I retorted. “Uh-huh. Don’t worry, I’ll get you an autograph before you leave, and I wont tell anybody.” He smiled. “Cool! Then I can sell it on eBay and make a quick 50 bucks!” I said gleefully, clapping my hands. “Ouch. Only fifty?” he said, hand over his heart in pain. “Depends how long I keep it on the market.” I replied. “I still think you a fan.” He mumbled. I waded up a piece of junk paper from my desk and threw it at him. “You wish.” I replied. “Yeah.” I heard him say.

Was I supposed to hear that? Um.... moving on. “This is your last day before you leave, right?” he asked. I nodded. Joy. I get to go home to Maine tomorrow. Lucky me. “Alright, close your computer up. There’s this little dinner about twenty minutes from here that serves the best French Toast ever. My Thanksgiving gift to you. Then we’ll have more time to talk about how old you were when you started to adore me.” He said, smile as big as the room. “One, I’M NOT A FAN. Two, I have work to finish.” I said. “I’m sure you can get back to Solitaire later.” He replied coolly. “Damnit. How’d you know?” I blushed. “You’ve been clicking on the mouse for about 15 minutes without typing one thing on the computer.” He replied. “Wont you get recognized?” I asked. “Nah. Only the folks from the retirement home go there, and they’re not that big a threat.” He said. “Not that big?” I asked laughing. “They can get feisty.” He joked.

I sighed. “Fine Carter. Let’s go so I can get this over with.” I said, rolling my eyes. I began to walk to they door. “So, where you a fan since the first single, or was there some other song that turned you on to us later?” I heard him ask from behind.

“I’m not a fan!” I screeched.