- Text Size +
Sorry it took so long! i hope you like it, and i am especially psyched for the next chappy, i think its gonna be pretty good, so watch out for that. but for now, here is chappy 12! review lovelys!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 12

The rest of lunch turned out to be pretty nice. We talked a lot, and he really began to open up to me about his mom. I could tell the whole situation was really killing him. It was really hard on him, his mom taking his money because really, he just wanted to have some sort of relationship with her, like any son does. He also talked to me about what to expect on tour, which included late nights, early mornings, and strange phone calls in the middle of the night. I asked him what he meant, but he just replied by saying I’d have to wait to see. Oh joy.

The whole drive home Nick told me stories from his life on tour, which basically was a collection of practical jokes he played on people. “You better not even think about trying any of that crap on me, Carter.” I replied as we pulled into his driveway. He smiled sweetly, batting his eyelashes. “Of course not.” He replied. I smacked him in the arm as I got out of his car. “That hurt.” I heard from him as I slammed the door shut. God, he is such a baby.

He was hot on my tail as I unlocked his door and walked towards my office. “Nick, what the hell are you doing and why are you doing it so close to me?” I asked, opening my door and rolling my eyes, and walking towards my desk. He was being so good today, too. He always just has to find one way to get under my skin. “Nuttin, I was just trying to see how long it took you to yell at me.” He said with a sweet smile. “You know, if you’re not good I’ll schedule that meeting on Thanksgiving. Right at dinner time so you can’t eat.” I said, sticking my tongue at him.

Oh my God. I’ve been here for about a month and I’ve already stooped to his level. What is my problem? “We’ll then... I’ll.... fire you.” He said sticking his tongue back out at me. I grabbed a piece of paper and threw it right at his face. “Oww. Hey, you better stop doing that. You’re wasting trees.” He commented, throwing the ball up and down in the air. “Ok, anyway,” he went on. “I have to go to the store so I can pick up some crap, then I have to drop it off at Brian’s. I guess by the time I get back you’ll be gone.” He said. I nodded absently. Secretly, I was hoping this day wouldn’t come, because I was really, really dreading spending a whole week with my mom. But I guess the quicker it comes, the quicker it is over, or whatever. “So, I’m gonna go now....” he said. “Alright. Have fun. Cya when I get back.” I said with the same trailing off voice he was using. God he is such a weirdo. “Alright, I’m leaving and you wont see me for a whole week....” he continued. “Ok, happy Thanksgiving Nick.” I said, giving him a dumb look and waving. He took in a deep breath and let out a long, preformed sigh. “You don’t take hints very well, do ya?” he asked me. “I guess not.” I said, totally confused. “God, woman, come over here so I can give you a goodbye hug, for Pete’s sake.” He finished with his ‘duh’ expression.

I just burst out laughing. I felt kind of mean, but that really made me crack up.

“I’m glad my show of affection causes people to hurl over in a fit of hysteria.” He went on, and when I looked up, he hands were crossed over his chest


“I swear, only you would demand a hg from someone.” I replied, opening up my November schedule on my computer. He stood there pouting at me. “Well?” he asked. I looked up at him for a brief moment, then began adding in a meeting from a week ago that I forgot to add in. “Nick, I can’t give you a hug. See, if I do that, I will give you this false inkling that we are now friends. And like I said before, interoffice friendships are strictly unprofessional.” I went on. Wow, this bullshit sounds like its coming right out of my ass. I don’t know why I’m being such a loser about this. But, I already started this, so I might as well go with it. Nick smirked at me. Holy crap, look what I started. If would I would have just fucking hugged him, I wouldn’t have to put up with his.... being anymore. Well, for a week anyway. “Come on Lauri. I mean, I know you’ve been holding this in for a while now. I mean, all in one day, coming to terms with being a fan, going to lunch with me, I know it’s all happening really fast for you right now. But really, the only way to truly overcome these emotions is to just give into them.” He said, nodding his head. “Well thank you for that Dr. Phil. One of these days you’re going to realize that I am really not, never was, and never will be a fan. So drop it.” I said. Alright, the fan thing was funny in the beginning, be he was truly playing it out now.

He stood there, still towering over my desk, with his big pouty eyes, giving any puppy dog a run for there money. “It’s ok. I’ll just go. Have fun over the holiday while I’m all by myself without any of my family.” He said, turning around and beginning to walk out of the room.

Ouch. That fucking hurt.

I jumped up out of my seat, walked quickly over to him, and wrapped my arms around him. This was a very weird scenario in two ways. One, he was my boss. Two, it felt really forced. He hugged me back, then began laughing. He brought his lips down to my ear and began to whisper, “I knew that would work. Deep down you’re not such a meanie.” I pulled away from him, smacking him in the chest, and walked back to my chair. “You are a JERK, Mr. Carter.” I replied, sitting back down. I glared up at him, giving him my best evil eye. I should mention my evil eye is not that good, so it probably just looked like I was squinting in the sun, but whatever. I FELT like I was giving him the evil eye, which was the whole point anyway. He just smiled at me. “But it worked.” “I’m sending you a mental death ray.” I replied, going back to my typing. “Oh, stop. I can feel it.” He said, feigning pain. After a few more minutes of going back and forth with each other, he stated that he was leaving. “Finally.” I replied, sticking my tongue out at him. He just smirked at me, running his fingers through his hair. “Well, really, have a good Thanksgiving. I hope everything goes well with your mom.” He said, suddenly all serious and mature. He’s so damn weird. One minute he reminds me of Sara’s 12 year old brother, and the next he’s all like.... well he doesn't remind me of her brother. Maybe if her brother was older and more mature. Oh, you get the point.

“Thank you Nick, I hope you have a good holiday, too.” He smiled down at me, then turned to leave. As he reached the door, he turned around one more time. “Um, if your worried about losing the key to the house or if ya just don’t feel like totting it around with you over the break, you can just put it under the welcome mat at the front door. That way you can get it in the morning when you get back.” He said, smiled, then left.

I guess in a weird way I’m going to miss him over vacation. In a very small way, of course.

...Later that day...

Closing the front door behind me, I fished around my purse for his front door key. I had decided it was the best idea to leave it here, because if I lost it or forgot it somewhere, he would never let me live it down. Finally after a few moments of looking, if found it. I lifted up the welcome mat and saw a folded up piece of paper underneath, with my name scrawled across the front. Yeah, Carter, like I wasn’t going to read it anyway. I picked it up, and unfolded it, a little confused, but then again anything from him confused me. Inside there was a message from him in his crappy handwriting,

Dear Lauri,

I hope you have a good Thanksgiving. I hope everything works out with your mom. Bring me back a present or you’re fired. Bob the Turkey says hello.

Your FRIEND,

Nick Carter


And inside was a badly drawn turkey.... or what was supposedly a turkey. It was basically a circle with two stick legs, a beak, and a pilgrim hat with a word bubble coming out that simply read, ‘HI!’.

I have no clue what he was drinking, smoking, or doing when he made this, but it had to be one of the cutest, most random cards I have ever received in my life. I shoved it into my purse, put the key under the mat, and walked to my car. He really does just confuse the hell out of me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

review review review!!!no reviews = no story
(lol. it almost sounds evil)