- Text Size +
A.N: Hey lovlies!!!! Day off today, so I stayed in and lounged all day. It was pretty much marvelous! Lol. Well, whilst lounging I typed up a pretty long chappy! Hope everyone loves.

Also, I was checking something else from the story, and while I was reading around I noticed this little big error I made. I see that I wrote, way back when Lauri was at her mom’s house, that while Lauri was in the bathroom she had made a comment like. “Of course a size 8 is fat!”

That my loves, was a typo. It SHOULD’VE read. “Look what she’s doing to me. Of couse a size 8 isn’t fat.

When I read it I was just like.... o god that sounds horrible! Lol. I know if I would’ve been reading it I would be like, this bitch. Lol. I don’t even know if you guys noticed, but I did and I just wanted to clear that up. Behold the power of a single n’t. lol.

I just want to say THANKYOU to everyone who is reading and loving the story. I hope you guys continue to love!!! Lol. Well, let me stop talking. Here you go!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 16


November 30


“Do you have a passport?” Nick asked, continuing to flip through channels. We were sitting on his sofa, eating pizza, and watching TV at one o’clock on a Thursday afternoon. Yes, people, this is what I get paid to do.

I wish I could go back to college and smack my Governmental Sciences teacher tight in the face. ‘Once you get out of here you’ll realize how much easier college is than the real world.’ my ass. I should set up a camcorder up in here and send him the tape.

Nick came into my office around ten complaining of boredom. I told him to join the club, so for the past few hours, we’ve been flipping between ‘South Park’ and ‘Pimp my Ride.’ At 11:30 we even watched ‘The Look for Less’, but I told him we didn’t have to watch it anymore because I thought he was literally about to rip his eyes out.

“Yeah, I have a passport, why?” I asked, grabbing my iced tea from the coffee table. “Cause I was planning with some friends that when we are in Texas that we should go down to Cancun for a night, since were so close to Mexico. Were in Texas for like... three days with only one show, so I figured it was like... meant to be.” He said. “What friends?” I asked, giving him the eye. “Just like Rob, Bean, MikeBrentJames, Tommy...” “No, that’s ok.” The last place I ever want to be with Brent is in Cancun where he will most likely be drunk and even more of an asshole.

He pouted at me. “I promise I won’t even let Brent near you.” “I’ll.... Let’s just cross that bridge when we get to it.” I replied, rolling my eyes. I could see this turning into a very long ‘Please’ ‘No’ argument very soon.

He smiled over at me. “That’s a yes.” God damnit, Nick, I was trying to avoid this. “No.” “Yes.” “No.” “Yes.” “Nick, I will not hesitate to shove that remote right up your ass.” I warned. He just pouted up at me. “Meanie.” He replied, crossing his arms over his chest. I just shrugged and continued eating my pizza, while doing a victory dance in my head. I won, biatch.

“Why do you have a passport?” Nick asked, head tilted back, dangling cheese from the pizza and waiting for it to drop to his mouth. Now this screams classy. “Because I want to go to Switzerland. I got it so if I ever get a change to go, I already have a passport.”

Oh yes, I always think ahead. Far, far ahead to a place where I actually have time, money, and skills in speaking German, Italian, or French. Not to mention the emotional stability. “I’ve been to Switzerland. I recorded there. It’s really beautiful.” He noted, chomping loudly on his food.

Thank you, oh boastful one.

“Well, from what I saw of it anyway. I was working, so I kind of was just driving from hotel to studio. But it’s nice there. Why do you want to go there?” he asked.

I looked up at him, then looked down at my pizza quickly. “Just.... because.” I said quietly. I know we had a pretty open relationship, but he didn’t need to know everything about me and my past. I’m not ready to talk about it anyway.

I guess he sensed the, ‘Let’s not open that can of worms’ vibe and let it go.

“I’m excited to go on tour.” He offered, trying to start a new topic. “Me too. I think it’s going to be quite an....... experience.” “Yeah, we get to share a tour bus and everything. We’re gonna be bestest friends. And one day, you’ll stop being so sarcastic an mean to me!” He said, pretending to snuggle close to me. “We’re sharing a tour bus?” I basically spat.

That probably sounded a lot meaner than anticipated, but dude.... a tour bus. I will be surrounded by Nick for a solid 5 months, with no break. Like I said before, yeah, he’s cute and all but, oh my God. There is only so much Nick Carter one person can possibly take.

“Ok, we’ll continue this conversation when my hearts stops breaking into four thousand tiny pieces.” He said, feigning hurt, and putting his hand right over his heart.

I hit him with a pillow from the sofa right across the face. Lightly, of course.

“I was just kidding, jerk.” I sighed, sticking my tongue out at him. “No, that’s ok. You don’t want to spend time with me. You don’t have to. I know when I’m not wanted.” He then proceeded to fall backwards into the sofa, scrunching himself in as far as possible to the space where the back of the sofa meets the cushions.

“Nick, you’re such a baby!” I said, throwing the pillow at him again, hitting him on the back.

“No! I want to cry by myself!” he yelled as I began to try and pry him off of the sofa. I grabbed both of his sides and tried my damnedest to pull him off the sofa, but he somehow managed to latch his arm around the top of the sofa and wouldn’t budge and inch.

“Alright, loser, you stay here and I’ll be in my office..... working.” I shrugged.

I walked down the hallway, and retreated into office, slunk into my chair, and opened up Internet Explorer. I glanced at the clock, and it read 1:43. I figured he would be in here no later than.... oh say 1:55. I went onto bebe.com, looking around for perspective outfits I could wear on this tour. I really need to start shopping. I only had about a month to buy about a half a years worth of clothes. And traveling all over the country meant a whole array of clothes to fit the climate.

I heard the door creak open at 1:52. God, he has no patience. “Fine, just leave me all alone in an emotional turmoil.” He said, flopping down on the chair opposite my desk. He took a peppermint from the bowl off my desk. “I figured you would find your way here.” I shrugged, clicking on the ‘Clearance’ section of Victoria’s Secret page. The computer screen was turned away from him, so I didn’t mind him being in the room.

“Anyway, like I was saying before you so disgustedly interrupted my last statement, yes, we will be sharing a tour bus. You are my PR girl, an in Kodi’s eyes that says ‘Babysitter’. I had a PR babysitter during the Black & Blue tour, too. I haven’t hear from her in a while, but then again I guess they don’t give you pens and stuff when you get checked into an insane asylum.” He shrugged. I threw my pen at him. “You don’t scare me Carter.” I replied, giving him a smug smile. “Yes I do. You are so freaked out that I’m going to prank you. I can see it in your eyes.” He said devilishly, leaning in closer, holding onto the desk for support.

“You wish.” I said simply.

“Watcha lookin at?” he said, jumping up and looking over at my screen.

God damnit.

“OHHHH!!! That’s sexy!!! So are you gonna buy some of that sexy shit and bring it with you on tour?” he asked, clapping his hands together and looking down at me.

I hate men.

And yet I still clicked out of that page all flustered.

He just chuckled and went back to his seat. “I always wondered what the fetish was with girls wearing Santa like lingerie. Your trying to imitate an old, bearded fat man. I never understood it.” He said, referring to the girl that was just on the screen with red panties with fuzzy white trim.

That was the first time I have ever thought of it like that. God, he has to much time to think.

“What do you want for Christmas?” Nick asked, staring up at me.

I hate this question. Every year about 400 people ask me and every year I just look blankly at them. If I want shit, I just go buy it. So by Christmas, I don’t really want everything.

“I don’t know.” I shrugged, giving him the ‘sorry’ look. He sighed and hit his head on the desk. “Why did I know you were going to be difficult about this?” he asked. I just bit my lip and fought the urge to laugh.

“Hey, we’re not supposed to be getting each other gifts anyway. It’s unprofessional.” I reminded him.

“Lauri, you walked in on my having sex on Monday, and afterwards we discussed the rooms I did it in. I think we are past the unprofessional mark.” He said exasperatedly. i sighed. He had a point. “Season Two of Friends on DVD.” I shrugged. “Season two?” he asked. “Yeah, since I already have season one. I’m building the collection.” I replied with my ‘duh’ face. “That makes sense.” He laughed. “Anything eles?” he asked. I just shook my head.

I will NOT let him get me a lot of stuff for Christmas, because that will mean I get him a lot of stuff, and I DON’T have the money for that. I may not have to pay rent, but I do have school loans that will take me until I’m about 45 to pay off.

“What do you want?” I asked.

What WOULD Nick Carter want for Christmas. Especailly from me. What the hell could I give him that he couldn’t afford.

He looked up at me, hopeful. If he said that me in that damn Santa lingerie I will kick him in the face so hard. “It depends... what are you doing for Christmas?” he asked. I sighed. “I’m going to be celebrating the joys of Christmas alone.” I usually stay with Sara, but she is going to extended family member in Missouri and Petra, every year, goes to Italy with her family. I refused to impose on Sara or Petra and my mom was obviously not an option, and I don’t feel close enough with any of my other friends to stay with them.

“Good, cause now we both have company for Christmas.” He said, smiling at me.

Oh god, I'm spending Christmas with Nick Carter.