- Text Size +
Hey everybody!!!! i just took my ap chem test yesterday ((three hours of hell on earth)). so basically, our chem class is done!! for the rest of the year, we're going to be doing lab and stuff like that, but nothing big. from now on, i PROMISE, chapters wont be spaced so far apart. i'm sorry this one took FOREVER. but i hope you enjoy. this chappy is particularly long, so i broke it down ito part 1 and 2, and part 2 will be up tomorrow. Part 2 will be a bit longer and perhaps a bit more dramatic?? hehe. anywho, here you go for now. i hope you enjoy until tomorrow!

i will also now be repsonding to comments!!! yay!!! in the beginning i didnt do it because i didnt have much to say about the story because i didnt know what i was really gonna do with it and didnt want to just keep saying, hope you enjoy it and stuff like that. (and because i have slight ocd and it was looking messy, but thats a different story. i'm getting over it, yay!!!) but now i know what i'm doing, kinda, and wanna respond to you guys!!!!!!!!!! so yay for me. lol. anyway, here is part one!!!

________________________________________________________


Chapter 17 ---- part 1


::Later that night::

“Sar, it’s going to be so WEIRD spending Christmas with him. I’ve only know him for like, 2 months. It’s just gonna be so.... blehh.” I stated, settling back on the sofa and flipping through the channels. “Yeah, it is kinda weird, but I don’t know. This could be a very good way to further your career. You could....” “I’m NOT going to sleep with him!” I screeched before she could finish her sentence. “I wasn’t going to say that, Ms. Guilty Conscience.” “I don’t have a guilty conscience.” I replied, trying to hold the phone between my ear and shoulder. “Mmm-hmmm. You were thinking it!” she teased. I rolled my eyes while turning the station to the Style Network. “ANYWAY, what was your career furthering plan?” I asked, changing the subject. If I let this banter go on any more, she was going to have a field day with it and never give it up.

“Like I was saying, you could, you know, get all buddy-buddy with him, he sees you as a friend, and when it’s time for you to bust outta there next year, you can get one hell of a reference letter.” “Yeah, I thought about that too. I don’t know, I just guess it still weirds me out. I don’t know what I’m gonna like.... do with him. Ya know?”

Now in my min I was think along the terms of, what are we going to talk abut, what are we going to do after we open our presents who is going to cook? Stuff like that. But Sara took this a completely different way. “I know what you wanna do with him.” She giggled. “I hate you.” I mumbled into the receiver.

For the record, I do NOT want him.

“Come on. Be honest with me. How can you not be attracted to him? He’s cute, he’s rich, and he sounds nice. Plus, you spend everyday with him. There has to be a LITTLE attraction.” She said, sounded exasperated. “Honestly Sar, no. I mean, yeah, he is really cute. And he is really nice now. But, there’s no substance to us. We just work together. We don’t have deep conversation; it’s just this work banter stuff. No big thing.” “Well, he must think it’s some big thing if he’s inviting you to his house for Christmas.” She replied.

I hate when Sara makes sense.


Friday, November 31st

“No, he’s never invited one of his employee’s over for Christmas. I don’t think he’s ever even invited any of his girlfriends over for Christmas.” Kodi said over the phone.

Not the answer I was looking for.

When I asked Kodi this, I wanted her to say, ‘Yeah, he invited employee’s over all the time, I even came over a few times.’, or at least something to that extent, so I could prove Sara wrong.


Damn it.

Kodi giggled into the receiver. “Sounds like someone’s got a big crush.”

“I DO NOT HAVE A CRUSH!!” I basically screamed. She just continued to laugh “I’m not saying you, sweetie. It may be nothing. Maybe he just IS really that lonely this Christmas. But.... I don’t know. I know Nick, and I know he wouldn’t just... invite any old person over. Maybe he really does just feel comfortable with you. This can be interpreted in a couple different ways.” “I know it can be. I still think it’s kind of weird. But, whatever. I don’t have any family to go to this Christmas either, so what the hell?” You could just ask him.” She offered.

Yeah right. I’m not just going to ask him. That would be even..... weirder.

I’m such a freaking schoolgirl right now.

Kodi and me talked for a while more, a little bit about Nick and a little about nothing in general, then finally hung up.

I spun around in my swivel chair a couple times, then logged onto Office Max’s website. I ordered myself a cushy mouse pad and whiteout (gotta love that office retail therapy) and put my head down on the desk and began talking to myself.

‘Lauri, you are thinking way to into this. Stop being a loser and get yourself together. Stop. Being. A. Loser.’ I began to bang my head on the desk.

Alright, time to stop that.

I glanced at the clock at the bottom of my computer screen. It was 12:45 and I haven’t had lunch yet. I need a long lunch break. I grabbed my car keys. I want a smoothie. Yum! A smoothie.... and something from Subway. And I’m out of face wash so I better get some of that.

Hells yeah, a trip to the mall is in order!!!!

I walked out of my office, excited to have a nice afternoon, all to myself, to eat and do some quick shopping. This will be nice, being out by myself. As I was walking towards the front door, Nick bounded towards me.

“Where ya goin?” he asked, looking incredibly bored.

“The mall.” I said, without thinking. I realized immediately that was a mistake.

“Cool, can I come?” he asked, almost desperately. “Umm...” don’t be a bitch, don’t be a bitch... “Yeah, you can come. We’re taking my car though.” I said, dangling the keys in front of his face. If we take his car, we would have to leave when he decided. I have my keys, so I am calling the shots for that afternoon. He shrugged, slipping on his sneakers.

“I was going out of my mind.” He admitted, getting into my car and putting on his seatbelt. “Goody, I get to entertain you during my lunch break.” I said, rolling my eyes and starting the ignition. “There’s the Miss Meanie Pants I haven’t seen all day.” He said in his baby voice with a huge smile. I looked over at him, drastically rolled my eyes for effect, then pulled out of his driveway.

“So, what are you doing this weekend?” he asked, rolling down his window and pulling a pack of cigarettes out of his pants. I swatted them out of his hands and began talking. “I dunno. I’ll probably go shopping with Sara and Petra for when I go on tour and go to the movies. Something like that. I’m hoping on Sunday to stay home and motivate myself to clean my apartment.” I shrugged.

“I can’t smoke in the car?” he questioned. “You can’t smoke around me.” I replied. “Why?” he whined, shoving the pack back in his pants pocket.” “Because it’s dirty.” I replied simply. He stuck his tongue out at me, but I just ignored him. “What are you doing this weekend?” I asked. “I have to start going to this like.... tour bootcamp. It’s gonna suck. It starts on Saturday, and I have to go everyday except Sundays, to get in shape for the tour. It’s like... hell on earth. They don’t let me eat.” He pouted. I laughed at him. “They don’t let you eat at all?” I asked. “They might as well not. They are gonna give me all this like... healthy crap that tastes like shit. So tonight I’m going out with some people, drinking and eating until I get sick.” He stated proudly.

“That sounds like... fun.” I said sarcastically. Getting drunk out of my wits with a bunch of imbeciles is always high on my ‘fun-things-to-do-on-a-Friday-night’ list.

“I don’t get drunk often.” He said softly. Can he read my mind? Creepy.

“I’m not saying you do.” I replied, keeping my eyes on the road. “I know what you’re thinking,” He replied with a smirk. “I can tell by your voice.” “I just don’t understand that point of going out and get purposely drunk.” I shrugged, looking over at him as I stopped at that red light. He looked to be deep in thought for a moment.

“Because I’m immature.” He said finally. I just laughed and stepped on the ignition as the light changed green. “At least you can admit it.” I smiled.