- Text Size +
Here is part 2. I’m really proud of it, I think it turned out cute, so I hope yall like. The next chappy shouldn’t be TOO far in the future!!! Sorry I didn’t get to postit Friday, I didn’t have a chance to type it up. I had to see my best friend off to her prom (she goes to a different school) , and over the weekend I didn’t get a chance to type it up either, but her it finally is!!!!!!!!

-- Part 2 –

Nick was STILL talking as I pulled into a parking spot at the Tampa Bay Mall.

It was only about 15 minute drive from his house to here, but with him yapping the entire way, it felt like a fucking light-year. I had mentally blocked him out about 10 minutes back when he started talking about his first time AJ snuck him into a strip club.

Please so NOT ask me about how that got started. I have NO clue. I do, however, know that as I’m pulling my key out of the ignition, he is still talking about it.

“... and I was really freaked out, ya know. I mean, I was only 16 and this chick is throwing her bra in my face while AJ is laughing at me. It was really un...”

“Hey Nick, as much as I’d like to hear the rest of this, it’s time to get out of the car.” I said, hitting the door unlock button for effect.

He pouted at me. “Alright, but I’ll finish it on the way back. It gets really funny soon.” He said, getting out of the car. “I’m sure.” I mumbled, grabbing my purse and sliding out of the driver’s seat. I walked around the car to find Nick putting on these huge, butt ugly aviator’s. “Protection from the paparazzi.” He said, sliding them up his nose. I could see through the lens he was winking at me.

He is such a freaking loser.

“Whatever you say, Captain Camouflage.” I replied, walking towards the mall entrance. “Don’t be jealous of my cool sunglasses, Laur.” He said, trailing behind me. I turned around with a surprised look on my face. “Nick, is that you?! Oh my gosh! I couldn’t tell with those sunglasses on! I thought I lost you for a minute.” I said, in my best shocked voice ever. I even schocked myself. Damn I’m good.

He rolled his eyes at me and gave me the finger, then opened the door and held it for me. “You shouldn’t do that, ya know. I could sue you for... something.” I retorted as I breezed past him.

We walked around the mall for a good ten minutes, finally got ourselves situated in the food court for a while and had lunch, then picked ourselves up again for a short walk before heading back to the car. We were walking down one of the halls as he was chugging down one of those caramel iced lattes form Dunkin Donuts. “That’s such a girl’s drink.” I commented as I glanced into the window of Express. I am so going there as soon as I get my next paycheck. “Nu-uh. These things are good as shit. They have that caramel and sugar and crap. Little girls cant handle it.” “Nick, it’s a latte, the quintessential woman’s drink.” “I’m a MAN and I can handle it proudly.” He replied, taking a loud sip through the straw.

“Whatever, loser.” I replied, continuing my walk down the hall. “Taste some.” He said, shoving the plastic cup in my face. “I don’t want any.” I replied, scrunching my nose up. He had just been slobbering all over the straw. Get it away.

“Lauri, taste some or you’re fired.” He basically commanded. I grabbed the drink from his hand, while he gave me that sickening ‘I’m-the-boss’ look. “You’re such a a jerk.” I replied, bringing the straw to my mouth. Gag. “I’m just trying to prove that YOU, my dear, cant handle it.” I took a sip then thrusted it back to him. “There, I did it. I can handle your stupid girly latte.” “You couldn’t handle it.” I heard him say to himself. “Nick, this whole interaction between us has made no sense! You haven’t proved anything. I don’t even really know what your talking about anymore!” I replied frustrated. “I was really confused as to how me drinking his latte meant.... anything.

He confuses the very core of my soul.

“It made sense to me.” He replied, with a ‘duh’ look on his face. “Well, I can believe that.” I retorted. He just stuck his tongue out at me, and I had to laugh. He was a loser, but it was so funny and almost... endearing that it was completely adorable. As we walked past Victoria’s Secret, I squealed. “Sara’s working today, I have to go in and say hi!” I replied, pulling on his arm. He visibly perked up, as expected. “This store, totally rocks.”

As we walked in, a salesgirl came over to us. Nick was in back of me, leaning on me with his chin on my shoulder. “Can I help you with anything?” she asked. “Yeah, is Sara working right now?” I asked. She pointed to the further end of the store. “She should be working in the back near the IPEX section.” She said with a smile. “Anything else?” “No that’s it right now, thanks.” As she was walking away, I turned around to face Nick. “So am I doing a good job as your human leaning post?” I asked, annoyed. It was hot enough in this damn mall, I didn’t need him breathing down my neck on top of it. “I cant look like I’m here by myself. That would be weird.” He replied with his ‘duh’ voice again. “Nick, I’m not sure if you’re aware, but you are the epitome of loser.” I stated, walking towards the back of the store.

“You know, I DO have the power to fire you if you’re not nice to me.” He replied, following me. I just rolled my eyes as I continued walking. I saw Sara, pointing a girl in another direction, then ran over to her and gave her a hug. “Oh my gosh, Sar, you look so cute in your uniform thingie!” I shrieked. She laughed as she hugged me back. “I know.” She replied. Her hair was up in a ponytail, which I knew she absolutely hated. I tugged on my hair that fell down past my shoulders and winked at her. “Don’t you dare tease me, they MADE me, meanie.” She pouted. “Lauri’s been mean a lot lately.” Nick replied from behind me, still sipping on the damn drink. I glanced at it and saw it was practically empty, and I KNEW that soon that damn ‘still-sucking-on-the-drink-even-though-there-is-no-drink-left’ noise was soon to follow.

Sara glanced back at Nick, then threw me a questioning look, but I just held one hand up and gave her our official, ‘I’ll explain it later’ look. She nodded, then got this excited look on her face. “Lauri, you will never guess who works here!” she jumped.

I hate guessing games.

“I don’t know.” I replied, shoving my hands in my pocket and scratching at my leg and Nick began to suck air from his drink. Telling him to stop will only cause him to do it longer.

“Hold on, I’ll go get her.” Sara said, jogging towards the fitting room and disappearing behind the curtain. Nick continued sucking on his straw for a good minute before I grabbed it out of his hands.

“Give it back, I wasn’t finished.” He whined. “Yes, you were.” I said flatly.

We stood there for another minute, when Sara finally emerged pulling a raven haired girl behind her. I knew instantly who it was.

“KENDALL!!” I practically screamed, running up to her and hugging her. About the whole store was staring at me, but I didn’t care. Kendall and I had become really close the first two years of college, but since out majors were completely different, (I was studying Communications and Rhetoric, she double majored in Art Theropy and Elementary English Education—kids are her thing if you cant tell), we began to have less and less classes together and we slowly drifted apart. We had only talked to each other once on the phone since graduation.

“Hey Lauri! Oh my gosh, I missed you so much!” she reply pulling away from my hug and smiling. She glanced past my shoulder and gave Nick a strange look. “HI... Nick Carter.” She shrugged, looking at me. I just laughed. She returned her attention back to me. “We have to hang out soon. Like, tomorrow.” She replied excitedly. “That’s great, me and Lauri are already going shopping tomorrow. You should come and we can get lunch and talk. Like old times.” Sara put in, pretending to look teary eyed. We both smacked her playfully.

Then, an older looking woman came from behind the dressing room curtain and looked sternly at Sara and Kendall. “Listen Laur, we have to go. But I will see you tomorrow!” she replied, hugging me and scurrying back to the dressing room. “I’ll call you tonight!” Sara yelled back at me, closely following Kendall.

I looked over at Nick, who was still pouting at me about his damn cup. “Come on Nick. I’ll get you a new one on the way home.”

“You better.” He replied as we walked out of the store.


**Monday**

I sat down at my desk on Monday, completely ready for a good start to the week to complete my awesome weekend. I didn’t expect to see Star magazine sitting on my desk with a picture of me and Nick on the cover with the title ‘NICK CARTER’S NEW BEAU’ splashed across the cover.