- Text Size +
I stared down at the magazine incredulously. My heart began beating harder and my mind was racing. I felt light-headed and for a minute I thought I was going to throw up. After closing my eyes and taking a few breaths, I looked down at the cover again and took in everything. Our picture and caption was, of course, much smaller than the acclamation to Brangalina’s newest feat in their campaign to single handedly save the world, but..... still.

I don’t know if you’ve ever been unknowingly featured on a tabloid cover or not, but if you haven’t had the opportunity, know this: it sucks.

My brain was doing overtime. About 400 thoughts a second were passing through. I didn’t see nay photographers. How long were they following us? Have they followed us before? Do they know where I live? Does Kodi know about this? Am I going to get fired?

In the middle of my circling thoughts, I noticed a small blue tab sticking out at the top. I turned as quickly as possible to that page. And there I was, Lauri Michelle Fostern in three pictures on page 28, in a half a page article. One of the pictures was from earlier in the mall when he had his arm around my shoulder and I was laughing at some stupid joke he told, one was just a random picture when we were sitting in the food court, and one was, of course, where he was leaning his chin on my should in Victoria’s Secret.

I groaned, and looking at the first picture, I rolled my eyes. It SOOO looked as if I was flirting with him. I hate photographers. It was the dumbest fucking joke ever. That’s why I was laughing. Fucking boo.

I closed my eyes for a moment and began to read the article.

Looks like 24 year old ex-Backstreet Boy Nick Carter is trying things out in the dating world again. Last week, the blonde one was scene getting up close and personal with an unknown brunette in a local mall. The two were scene walking, laughing, leaning on each other and even drinking out of the same cup. If that’s not love, we don’t know what is.
“He was all over her.” A source inside Victoria’s Secret, a store which they walked in together (picture, top left), tells Star. “He was leaning on her practically the whole time they were in here.”
Carter, who just 5 months ago broke up with Paris Hilton and three months ago covered up his Paris wrist memorial, will start his first solo tour January 4th in New York.


When I was finally finished reading the article, I looked up to see Nick leaning against the door post with a grin on his face. “Hey.... snookems.” He joked.

I basically picked up the magazine and hurled it at him.

“THIS IS NOT FUNNY YOU JACKASS!” I screamed.

It took a few moments for the look of shock to completely drain from his face. “How is this not funny?” he asked.

I sighed and leaned back in my chair. “Nick, I don’t know if you’ve ever had a job, or tried to move up the ‘corporate ladder’, but I am, and becoming the slut that sleeps with Nick Carter within the first two months of knowing him is NOT going to help me in any way!” I went on.

“I don’t see the big deal. We’re not really dating, so I don’t see why you’re all worried and whatever.” I rolled my eyes. “Nick, just because you and I know we aren’t dating, that doesn't mean the rest of the world does. We can tell them up and down that we aren’t, but if they have pictures like these, then that doesn't look to good, does it?” I asked. He shrugged softly again then continued. “I don’t know. It’s a tabloid; nothing in there is ever true. You think they would know that, if you were working for smart people.” I stared at him blankly while rolling my eyes.

He just ISN’T getting this. “Um.....I’m.... sorry?” he replied, looking confused again. I shook my head. “It’s not your fault. This just.... needs to get fixed. Call your publicist and tell her.... oh, that’s my job. I’ll call your publicist later and get this straightened out.” I said, waving my hands in the air. “I thought you’d think this was funny.” He replied apologetically. “I figured.” I smirked. “And what is that supposed to mean?” he asked, walking over and sitting on the chair opposite my desk. “You usually think a lot of stupid things are funny.” I shrugged. “Offened.” He replied, putting his hand over his heart. He opened the magazine that I threw at him and opened it again to page 28, showing me the pictures.

“I didn’t know you gazed at me so when I talked.” He said in his ‘romantic’ voice, while pointing at the picture of me laughing. “Yeah, I was laughing at how immature your joke was. I wouldn’t call that a loving gaze.” I replied. “You can’t hide your love from the cameras. You know, maybe we shouldn’t call my publicist. I mean, now that I know how much you want to be with me and everything.” He continued, fluttering his eye lashes. I picked up my pen and threw it at him. “You look just like.....” he replied, dodging the pen.

“Don’t say it, Carter.” I warned. “... a fan.” He finished.

“I have to kill you now.” I replied flatly. Nick jumped up from his chair, and ran straight out of the room. With out thinking, I pulled off my sandals and darted out of my office right after him. “Oh shit!” I heard him scream when he realized I was following him. “I am NOT a fan, Carter!” I hollered as I followed the sound of his foot steps. He ran around the first floor of his house for a good few minutes and made what, even I have to admit, was a spectacular jump over his living room sofa. Finally, he opened the door in his kitchen and ran out side to his huge back yard. At this point I was right behind him. He looked lost for a minute, then cannon balled right into his pool. When he finally surfaced, he looked up at me and gave me the finger. “Hey, I didn’t make you go in there, jack ass.” I called into him. “I knew you wouldn’t come in here. Your to prissy.” He called back at me.

Eww! So he thinks I’m a priss that can’t get wet. Jerk. I guess I was up for a challenge today or something.

I pretended to walk away, and while I heard him making his ‘you’re a big baby’ remarks (he is SO mature for his age)and ran right to the edge of the pool and jumped in.

People make bad mistakes in there life. This is one of them.

My white blouse (of course, today was the day I wore the white blouse) immediately became see-though blouse, and my black Capri’s were so uncomfortable and clingy I thought I was going to throw up. But I swam my hardest towards him until we were nose to nose. “I am not a priss.” I challenged. He just stared at me for a minute, then without warning, his hands were on both of my shoulders and I was being completely dunked under water.

I don’t like being put under water against my will. I have techniques for ending the game pretty quick.

I quickly focused my eyes and began to undo his pants button. (like I said, I DO NOT like being held under water) “What the hell are you doing?” he asked between laughs. “I don’t like being under water.” I practically gasped, catching my breath. “No, it’s that ‘You secretly want to be with me’ thing I think. But Lauri, under water molestation? I didn’t think that was your thing.” He smirked.

This, of course, lead to me trying to dunk him, which was hard because he was trying to do the same thing. It kind of just ended up as a splashing contest. We finally stopped when we heard someone screaming from the other edge of the pool. We both turned around and I looked up at the guy standing on the edge. I think it’s another one of those guys from his band. “AJ!!” Nick practically screamed in my ear. “That’s AJ.” He said to me, pointing over at the guy. “Oh, thanks, I didn’t get that the first time.” I replied, rubbing my ear.

AJ walked over towards us, leaning on the edge of the pool. “AJ, what are you doing here?” Nick asked, holding onto the edge and looking up at him. “I was gonna ask you the same question.” He replied, peering over his glasses. “Oh, this is Lauri. Lauri, this is AJ. Lauri is my assistant that wants to be my girlfriend but cant have me.” He winked up at AJ. “You are such a fucking loser.” I replied. AJ laughed and extended his hand down at me. “I suppose it’s the other way around?” He asked, shaking my hand. “Eww.” I remarked, scrunching my nose up. He laughed again. “Now, should I leave you kids alone and come back later or....” “No, you can stay, we were just getting out anyway.” I replied. “Alright. I guess I’ll meet you at the other side?” he replied, getting up and walking over to the back of the house. “You have a lot of explaining to do Carter.” He called over his shoulder.

I ducked my head underwater for a minute, filled my mouth up with water, squirted all the contents and him, then swam for my life to the steps. I ran up the steps as fast as possible, but he still grabbed my leg. AJ began smacking him n the head and he finally let me go. AJ practically pulled me out of the pool and set me on the ground. “Should I even ask?” he questioned. I just laughed and shook my head. Nick pulled himself out of the pool, and AJ looked at him and me questioningly as Nick re buttoned his pants. I just shrugged innocently. “Youth.” He replied, shaking his head. Then both of them focused there attention on me, letting their eye wander down to my chest then back up to look me in the eyes. I quickly crossed my arms over my chest and rolled my eyes. “Can some one please get me a towel?” I asked. “I’ll get some.” AJ chuckled noting Nick’s wet clothes, walking towards the house.

“How does one explain this?” he asked with a laugh. I just shrugged, then wiped some water from under my eyes. When I looked at my mascara and eyeliner-ed index finger, I groaned. “This is great.” I stated. “You could start a trend.”


“You know, I know you want me and everything, but putting yourself in a one woman wet t-shirt contest isn’t really the answer.” He then looked like he was rethinking his statement. “Never mind, yes it is.” “You’re such a jerk.” I replied, refolding my arms across my chest.

I wonder if we can ever have one normal employee-employer day together.