- Text Size +
hey all. not TOO much happening in this chappy,but within the next 2 chappys is Christmas and in about the next 3 chapters the tour will be starting so espect the stroy to TRULY take off there. anyway, i hope you enjoy this one!!!!!! :)


--------------------------------------------------------

Why do rich people have to make everything so difficult? I feel like a NASA scientist just for figuring out how to turn off the shower head from hell. There were FOUR knobs! Why, don’t ask. I wrapped a towel around myself as I cracked the bathroom door open.

Oh yes, I just showered in Nick Carter’s bathroom. Jealous? Don’t be. It was easily the most difficult thing I’ve ever done. I still can’t figure out what the fucking forth knob was for.

I scurried across the hall into the bedroom that Nick had promised he would lay clothes out for me in. After a good half hour of complaining about Nick to AJ, Nick finally decided to shut me up by telling me my hair was getting frizzy and suggesting a shower while he threw my clothes in the wash. I only gave him my pants and shirt though. I’ll deal with wet underwear and bra. He doesn’t need to hold that.

Although it is pretty much abnormally uncomfortable.

I closed the door behind me and locked it. I’ve learned in the past that Nick does have impeccable timing (recall the phone call situation, eh?) and precautions are pretty much necessary.

I walked over to the bed to examine what I would be wearing for the afternoon and immediately rolled my eyes. Black Nike sweats that were approximately 12 sizes to big for me and a white Journey shirt with these horrible black three quarter sleeves. At least he tried to match, I guess.

I flipped my head upside down and began to towel off my hair. I could see in the mirror that this was not going to be a good day. The chlorine mixed with his crappy Suave shampoo just was not going to cut it. (This hair does NOT mix well with Suave. But isn’t it a girls shampoo? He is starting to worry me.) I got into my bra and underwear (don’t worry, they were well ringed out and I even blow-dried them a little), and then slipped into his… ensemble. These drawstrings have never been pulled so tight in all there lives.

I ran my fingers threw my hair and quickly realized drying this mess properly would take a half hour, and still look crappy, so why bother. I brushed threw it as best as I could, stuck in all in a messy bun on the top of my head and called it a day.

I laid down on the bed for a few minutes, staring up at the ceiling. Jesus, this bed is comfortable. And huge. This whole room is huge. I sat up and looked around a bit. This bed room would have EASILY swallowed up my old living room AND kitchen. It had a queen sized four poster bed with… lavender and white blankets. I walked over to the light pine book shelf and read some of the titles of the books. The entire Shopaholic series, Chicken Soup for the Soul part III, and four issues of Glamour. I glanced over at the dresser and raised my eyebrows. Come on, I HAD to look now. I leisurely strolled over to it and opened the top right drawer. There were a few pairs of panties and one REALLY nice lace Victoria’s’ Secret bra. From the Angels Collection, if I’m not mistaken. Looks expensive.

Oh my God, I’m jealous of Nick Carter’s bra.
I rolled my eyes and shook my head. I guess some people like to experiment. Whatever, it’s his thing.

I closed the drawer and walked out of the room. I’m afraid of what I might find if I continue to look around.

Nick and AJ were having some serious conversation, and looked kind of relieved to have a break as I walked into the room. “What the hell did you do to get the honor of wearing Nick’s favorite shirt?” AJ asked as I sat on the sofa. “It’s not my favorite.” Nick said, looking over at him. “Whatever.” AJ replied, throwing a pillow over at him. “Alright man, I gotta get rollin’, do you mind getting those CD’s for me?” AJ, picking his grabbing his sunglasses from the table and sliding them in his shirt pocket. “Yeah, there in my room, I’ll be right back.” Nick popped up from his seat and went up the stairs. “So, you like working for Nick? Is he being good to you?” AJ asked me.

I don’t know how to respond to this. I mean, it IS his former band mate. I guess honesty is the best policy…

“He’s being good to me. And it’s... interesting.” I finally said. AJ just laughed. “I can imagine that. Don’t worry, it’s only going to get weirder on tour with him. Just… try your best to keep him in line. I don’t think you’ll have a problem with that, though.” he winked at me. I was just about to ask him what planet he was from when I heard Nick come from down the stairs and walk back into the room. “Here ya go man.” Nick said, tossing the CD case to AJ. “Alright Nick, I’m out. I’ll see you tonight?” AJ asked, standing up to do that weird guy-handshake hug-but-not-a-hug thing. “Yeah, I’ll meet you there at nine.” Nick responded. Before he left the room, AJ shook my hand. “I hope to see you around.” he said, smiling at me. “Same.” I replied as he continued out of the room.

Nick sat back in the chair that AJ was previously in after we heard the front door open and close. “Big plans tonight, Carter?” I asked, crossing my leg and leaning back on the plush sofa. “Were going to a club that’s opening downtown.” he replied. “On a Monday?” I asked. He shrugged with a ‘I thought the same thing’ look. “Oh, well.” I replied, stretching out on the sofa. I should really get back to work soon. I’m getting way to comfortable. “Do you… wanna come or something?” he asked.

“Nah, that’s ok. Monday clubbing isn’t my thing. Plus, I don’t think me being in your vicinity in public isn’t really good right now anyway.” I replied. “Yeah, you’re probably right.” he said quickly. Whatever. “So Carter, that’s a pretty nice room you got up there.” I said with a smirk. “Yeah, my sister lived with me for a few months last summer during that whole… thing… with my brother and mom. She left some stuff there that she didn’t want anymore.” “Oh, I was gonna say your makin me a little nervous, Carter.” I slid off of the sofa. “Alright, it’s time for me to get back to work.” I said, waving over my shoulder. “Yeah, I’m sure you’re gonna get right to work.” he called after me with a laugh.

** Later that Afternoon**

I just got off of the phone giving some hotel in Arizona the phone number to Nicks’ tour manager when Nick walked into my office holding my clothes. “I just remembered they were in the dryer.” he said, sitting on the chair opposite my desk and placing my clothes right in front of me. “Thanks.” I replied, moving them from my desk to my lap. “Well, I’m going to go out for a while. I have to go pick my friend up for this club opening tonight.” he said, rolling his eyes. I probably wont be back before you leave, so…. I’m sorry for the water incident earlier.” he said, extending his hand over my desk.

“Don’t apologize, loser. I jumped in by myself.” I laughed. “I just figured…. I don’t know, I’m just so used to apologizing to you I that it comes naturally.” he shrugged. I laughed again. “You’re a dork. Anyway, go, have fun tonight. Go hook up with some girl so it doesn’t look like we’re dating.” I replied, shooing him out of the room. “I love how hard you try to push me out of your life.” he replied, pretending to be hurt. He smiled at me before he got up, and began to walk out of the room.

“Nick, wait a second, come here really quick.” He stopped and walked back over to my desk. “What, did you finally realize your true feelings for me and are now going to beg to have your way with me?” he asked, leaning on my desk trying to look seductive. “I really could sue you one day.” I said as he began to make a kissy face. He laughed as I continued to talk again. “No, listen. In the article, they said there was an anonymous source? What do you think of that? Who do you think it was?” I asked. He shrugged and looked me in the eye. “It could’ve been anyone that was in the store, they could’ve just made someone up. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Sara or….” “No,” I butt in quickly. “Sara wouldn’t do that.” I said firmly. He shrugged slowly and began to turn around. “It might not be. But, you’d be surprised what people close to you will do for money.” he said.

I sat in my desk and stared at him as he walked towards the door. “Welcome to my world.” he said seriously before shutting the door behind him.

Well, THAT made me feel helluva lot better.

I stared down at the magazine still on my desk and took in a deep breath. This sucks.