- Text Size +
I tried to post this earlier, but my computer was being dumb and kept freezing and wouldnt let me post. so here it is now. thanks loves!!!

-------------------------------------------


Part II

“So, what are you NOT going to do?” Sara coached as I sat on her sofa. “File a lawsuit.” I replied, nodding my head. “What ARE you going to do?” She asked, grabbing her yogurt from the coffee table. “Tell him if he ever puts me in that situation again, I will sue him for 25 million dollars and sell the story to every major news publication, therefore making his life a living hell until the day he dies.” I rattled off. Sara golf clapped and smiled. “That’s hot.” she replied, then giving me the thumbs up.

“I still can’t believe he said, ‘Do you wanna get in on this?’. That is so fucking corny I can’t stand it. I wonder if that’s how he really picks up girls.” she giggled, pretending to gag. I wouldn’t be surprised. Girls seem to just seem to fall into his lap no matter what he does. Oh well.

“Are you REALLY gonna tell him?” she finally asked. “I don’t know.” I admitted, playing with the tassels on the pink pillow. I’ve been wondering if I actually should or not. Yeah, on the one hand, I want to tell him, I guess mostly to embarrass him as much as he embarrassed me ( I know it sounds like a fifth grade thing. Sometimes it’s rewarding.) But on the other hand, I don’t want to go through it again. It’s bad enough that he did it, but at least he won’t remember. Imagine how much worse I’m going to feel telling him about it when he’s sober.

Well, he SHOULD be sober by tomorrow.

“Yeah.” I finally said, putting the pillow down. “I can tell him. I shouldn’t be the one feeling embarrased. He should, right?” I asked. She nodded, setting the empty yogurt carton down. “Definitely, he’s an asshole. It’s not your fault he can’t hold liquor well.”

**Next Day** DATE!!!!

I drove to Nick’s house, hoping maybe he was still drunk somewhere, or even drunk in the somewhere (which, judging from his intoxication level yesterday, was still very possible) , so I didn’t have to talk to him. But when I walked in my office, he was sitting on my swivel chair, staring right at me.

“Hey Nick.” I said as casual as possible, walking in and putting my purse down on the sofa. “Hey Lauri.” he said with a smile, pushing a paper plate with two Toaster Strudel’s closer to the edge of the desk. “So you do remember yesterday.” I said with a small smile, looking down at the plate. Maybe this wouldn’t be as hard as I thought.

“Yeah, vague bits and pieces. I don’t remember much. And I have the fucking worst hangover of my life.” he replied, trying to give me a playful smile but I knew it was hurting him more than life itself. “Why the hell did you guys get so drunk last night?” I asked, sitting on the sofa.

He looked baffled and shrugged. “I don’t know, we just… did. We’re idiots.” he finally said. “Whatever happened to Stephany? I remember she was here yesterday, and now she’s gone.” “Stacy?” I asked. “Same thing.” he replied, waving his hand in the air. I giggled. I guess he’s not COMPLETELY different when he’s drunk.

“Wait..” he said, the wheels in his head slowly turning. “How did you know her name?” he asked. Well, here it goes.

“Remember the… Strudel incident?” I asked. He nodded slowly, waiting for me to continue. “Do you remember anything after that?” I asked. “Anything at all.” He shook his head. “I remember eating the thingy and you were yelling at me…a s usual,” he smiled. “Then I can’t see anything, it’s like… blacked out or something, then the next thing I remember is…. Oh my God.” He trailed off, his eyes widening in horror as he looked up to face me. I just nodded. “I remember having sex with her in the kitchen.” he finally said. “Were you there?” he asked, looking like he was still trying to put the last bits of the puzzle together.

“Well, in the beginning. It kind of happened pretty quickly. But um… you did kind of ask me if I……. Wanted to ‘get in on it’.” I finally blurted out.

I really didn’t think pop stars blush out of embarrassment, but hits one does. “Are you serious?” he asked, looking ready to pass out. I nodded and tried to offer him a smile. “You‘re not gonna sue me, are you?” he finally blurted out. I just laughed at him. “Not THIS time, Carter.” I replied. “What happens next time?” he asked with a smirk. “I get to sue you for 25 million dollars and sell the story to every major and legitimate news publication, therefore making the rest of your life a living hell.” I replied with a grin. “That’s deep.” he replied. “Yeah, Sara made it up. I added the legitimate part right now, though.” I pointed out. “It sounded very professional.” he said with a wink. “Forget it happened?” he asked, extending his hand. I took his in mine. “I probably will bring it up from time to time to embarrass you.” I replied. “Fair enough.” he shrugged.

“Hey, where’d you get these?” I asked him, taking one of the pasties from the paper plate. “Little fridge in the pantry. You can never not have those things. There addictive.” he said. “I can tell you like them. I didn’t even finish pouring my juice and you practically ate both. And they had to be scorching hot.” I replied. “Yeah they were. I’m just beginning to feel the burn on the roof of my mouth.” “That’s gonna add so much fun to your hang over.” “I know it. Speaking of which, I think I’m gonna go down about 12 of Tylenol PM and see if I can sleep this thing off. It might stop my head from exploding off of my shoulders.” He said, attempting to stand up.

“You OK there, tiger?” I asked, fearing he would fall over and then I’d be responsible to drag his ass up to bed.

“Yeah, I think I can manage.” he replied, slowly shuffling towards the door.

He reached and opened the door, before looking back at me. “I apologize again for yesterday, Lauri. I’m really embarrassed.” I just smiled softly and nodded at him, and as soon as he closed the door I breathed out a “you better be”.