- Text Size +
AN - Ok, ok, I know I win the award for the world’s worst author. I suck at keeping my update date promises. I’m sorry. I just always get side tracked when it comes time to write. And this time when i tried to work, my computer like... Had an official freak out. I wont make any more promises when it comes time for new updates. (Maybe it’s a mental thing and if I don’t say it will be updated soon, it will be. That’s my theory, lol.) But anyways, yeah, I do apologize for not updating as around the time I say I do. But I’m giving you three chapters, so can we call a truce? (hides from flaming pitchforks) JK lol. Anyways, here is the (of course) long awaited chapter!!!

I’m going to stop blabbering now and post.


Chapter 20

Monday December 17


The two weeks leading up to Christmas flew by, like usual, and I was still just as confused about what to get Nick as … well, basically as the day I met him. And it didn’t help the previous week I could barely get him to say ’hi’ to me. He was really hung up on the whole drunken incident. (Which, by the way wasn’t a totally bad thing. Star, and a few other tabloids did a story on him with pictures and eye-witness reports from the club about how he was back to his ‘playboy’ ways. I was brushed off as either a fling or a momentary lapse in judgment.) After finally calling him a loser and telling him to stop being such a bitch did he finally begin to speak to me again.

Go figure.

I began to blow on my freshly painted nails and wave them in the air. After we were all finished work, Kendall, Sara, Petra (who is back from ANOTHER excursion, and is about to depart on her Christmas one, thank you very much) and I were going to do some Christmas shopping. Yes, yes, I’m one of those late shoppers. It’s just gets me into the Christmas spirit when I have to fight with someone over the last 75% off Isacc Mizrahi striped blazer from Target. Everyone has there guilty pleasure.

I’m usually a really nice girl but I WILL throw down at Christmas time.

I began to contemplate how to paint the nails on my right hand as Nick walked into my office, holding a plate with two Toaster Struddel’s.

Yeah, that’s kind of our ‘thing’ now. He comes in every day with one for me and one for him. It’s kinda cute.

I took one off of the plate and began to eat it as he sat down across from me.

“I’m so BORED.” he whined, and for a minute, I thought he was actually going to start crying.

“I’m… sorry.” I offered. He just continued to pout, so I began to blow on my left hand for a final time. Now for the hard part. I opened the nail polish bottle and lifted the brush with my left hand.

I can do this. I am a strong and independent woman that is capable of anything. .I survived 18 years with my mother and 4 years supporting myself in college. I certainly can do…..

Oh fuck, I dropped some on the table.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed some tissues off of the desk to try to mop the maroon polish up.

“Need some help?” Nick asked, peering at my little mess. “Do you know how?” I asked, throwing the napkin away. “Apparently more so than you.” he replied with a shrug. “Witty, witty, witty.” I mocked, motioning for him to bring his chair around the desk. He perked up, I guess glad to finally have something to do, and dragged the chair behind him.

“So, what’s the occasion?” he asked, shaking the bottle then opening it. “I’m going Christmas shopping with some of my friends.” I replied, watching him glide the brush over my nails. He was deep in concentration (this probably being the task that required him to use the most brain cells today) and his tongue was sticking out slightly. He looked…. Well, to be completely honest, adorable.

“Oh, I thought you were going on a date or something.” he replied, continuing to polish my nails. “Yes, because nail polish is the sole signifier of a hot date.” I replied. “Don’t tease me.” he replied with a smile. After a moment of silence, I spoke.

“What do you want for Christmas?” I asked. He had no where to go, and damn it, he’s answering this question right now. I hate guessing.

“Lauri, I don’t care.” he sighed, finishing up my hand. “Honestly.” And with that, he closed the cap of the bottle and put it on the table.

“You have to want SOMETHING for Christmas.” I replied, exhausted. I hate this time of year. I hate worrying about having to please everybody, even after they tell you that you don’t have to worry. It just makes me worry more.

It’s all so confusing.

“Whatever, Carter. Thanks for the nails.” I said, waving my hand gently in the air.

“It’s no problem.” He replied, sitting down across from me again, grabbing a strudel. “I fired my trainer.” He mentioned, beginning to eat. I chuckled. “Why?” I asked, pulling up the eluxury.com website I’ve been looking at earlier.

“Because he was fucking mean. It’s not like I’m going to war. It’s just a tour.”

“They rhyme. Maybe he got them mixed up.” I offered, shrugging and clicking on the Chanel link. I’ve been looking at this bag for about two weeks now. It was absolutely gorgeous. It was huge, black and had the prominent white double C’s to the side. I saw it in one of the gossip magazine’s and I think it was Paris Hilton or Nicole Ritchie was carrying it around. It was hands down the most gorgeous bag I’ve ever seen. If it was legal, I would find one and marry it.

O.K., I don’t like it that much, but you catch my drift.

But it was $3,300 dollars, so, yeah, that‘s not happening. Who would actually spend that much money for a bag, even IF you had the money? You could feed a small third world community for a year with that much money.

But a girl can dream, right?

“Are you even paying attention to me?” Nick asked, waving his hands in the air. I looked up at him, said no, and diverted my attention back to the screen.

“What are you looking at that is more interesting than me, anyway?” he asked, forcing himself off of the chair and placed himself behind me. “Just the most beautiful and insanely priced bag in the entire world.” I said. He scrunched his nose and shrugged. “I guess. I don’t get you girls. All those bags look the same.” he replied, still standing behind me, scrutinizing the bag.

“Not this bag. It is absolutely the most gorgeous bag I’ve ever set my eyes upon.”

God, I sound like I’m in some twisted soap opera.

“If you say so.” he shrugged, going back to his chair.

“If you had a vagina, you’d understand.” That didn’t quite come out right.

This, of course, cause him to burst out into a fit of laughter.

I rolled my eyes and pushed my chair back from the table. “Alright, you stay here and continue to….. Be yourself, I’m going to get something to drink.” I stated.

It was going to be a long day.


*** After work ***

“Oh my gosh, does he know Orlando Bloom?” Kendall asked over a Mango Mania smoothie. I shook my head and continued to sip my Razzel Dazzel Raspberry. “I don’t think so. He doesn’t really hang out with famous people to much. Usually with his loser friends from New Jersey. The only person that I’ve seen him hang out with his Tommy Lee, he came over the house once. He was really nice.” I said. “I love Tommy Lee.” Petra basically whispered. “He’s cuter in real life.” I directed at her. “I watch that show he’s on all the time. I love his CD. He’s like, the perfect guy.” She swooned. “He’s also too old for you.” I replied. She smiled and shrugged. “Age isn’t anything but a number.”

“I wonder what he is gonna get you for Christmas.” Sara said, swirling her Green Tea with a straw. “He’s such a show off, so it’s probably going to be something insane. If you hate it, can we sell it on eBay?” she asked excitedly. “Of course.” I replied. “I need money for clothes for this damn tour.” “Aww, poor baby is getting paid to gallivant all over the country. Tear.” Kendall joked.

I shrugged. “I guess if it was with someone I could stand being in a room with for more than an hour I wouldn’t mind. But, I can just see us getting really annoyed with each other. And it sucks because we’re riding in the same bus, I think.”

“I thought he didn’t bug you as much anymore.” Sara said. I sighed. “I mean, yeah, I talk to him at work and we laugh and have fun and whatever, but that’s it. I still see him as an annoying spoiled brat. And at least at work he’s around me an hour tops before he moves on or goes out. I can just see being stuck with him for hours on end on a moving vehicle while he whines about being bored. One of us might just not survive.” I noted.

“You should hide a camera in there and sell it. You can call it like, ‘Nick Carter Uncensored’ and have DVD chapters like, ‘Nick Walks From One Room To Another’ and ‘Nick Watches T.V.’ There will be some crazy people that will buy that shit up.” Sara decided. “Oh, and as bonus extras, you can have super rare footage, like, ‘Nick Reads A Book’.” Petra clapped.

“You are mean, mean people.” I laughed, taking a last sip of smoothie. We all just continued to laugh.

*** Later that Night ***

I walked down the darkend parking lot with Sara, both of us trying keep a firm grasp on all the bags we had. “I hate Christmas.” She mumbled as we reached our cars and a Rampage bag fell out of her hands. “That’s because it’s an over-commercialized disgrace.” I laughed, helping her open her trunk. She basically threw her bags into the car and then opened my trunk for me. I shoved all my bags in a best as possible, moving them around so not to squish anything. I closed my trunk and Sara was waiting with her arms open for a hug.

“Alright, missy, I’m leaving tomorrow for the folks’ place. You have a great Christmas.” I hugged her and told her to do the same. “Try not to get pregnant.” she said mid-hug. I just started to laugh. “You are a mean lady.” I replied when we broke apart. “Hey, I saw the way you loving picked out clothes for him. ‘Hmm, which would I rather tear off his body before I tap that ass.’” she mocked. “You are such a bitch.” I laughed, giving her one last hug.

“I know what I‘m talking about, Lauri Nicole Fostern. I’m usually right about these things.” she replied, unlocking her car door. She slid in to the drivers seat and looked up at me.

“Remember Danny Ecklow?” She said, starting the ignition. “Ewww, from college? He was such a mistake. A hairy mistake!” Sara laughed and checked to see if it was alright to back up. “Yeah, but I called it.” she said with a smirk. “Have a nice Christmas!!” she yelled, pulling out of the spot and driving away.

I stood there, leaning against my car, and cringed. Danny Ecklow. Blahh. Such a stupid stupid freshman decision. Shaking my head, I pulled my keys out of my purse and opened my door. I threw my purse into the basket thing between the two seats, and looked at the card it landed next to. The card Nick had made me at Thanksgiving.

“Sleep with this?” I asked my self. “If I want to commit stagatory rape.” I snorted, letting it fall back to the floor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I know the eluxury website doesn’t have a Chanel link, but I’ve been looking for this freaking bag forever and I can’t find it. I got frustrated and made up a home for it. LOL. And yes, I did check the actual Chanel website, but to no avail. This bag came out a few years ago, so it’s not even on there website. And I had no clue on the price, so I guesstimated. This will all make sense farther down this chapter.