- Text Size +
Hey guys!! new chappy up. IM SO GLAD EVERYONE LIKES THE STORY SO FAR!! it makes me happy!! well, here is another. sorry it took so long. right before christmas break, all the teachers decide to pile a lot of work up, so i had little time.

i promise soon there will be more interaction between Lauri and Nick! lol. well anyway, yea, here is one more chappy. sorry so short. hope u likey. (oh, and keep the reviews coming. i love them!!! and you guys rock hard!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
“So then this asshole said, 'Wait, hun,'.... yeah, he called me hun! So he was like, 'Wait, hun, could you please put the basket over there, nearer to the dresser?' I'm thinking, 'No, jerkoff, but I can drop it out the window.'" I sighed, flopping down onto my bed. I leaned against the pillow, holding my phone to my ear.

"I don't know, Lauri. I mean, you can't really blame him. Like, he is this super privileged star. He is just used to having everything handed to him. You can't really blame him for being such a jerk to you, ya know?" I scoffed loudly into my phone. "Sara, your not sticking up for him, are you? Oh my God. After the entire story of this horrible day, your taking his side? He. Is. A. Horrible. Person. That's it. I'll accept no other excuse." Sara just laughed on the other end. "I know. It doesn't give him a reason to be that rude to you. It's just, I don't know. I've heard stuff about his family on TV. He really doesn't have that easy of a life. His parents are really screwed up. But your right, he still doesn't have a right to be rude." I sighed again. "I know I'm right. God, Sara, I only worked there one day and already I'm complaining like I've been there for months."

"I know how you feel, well... kinda. I mean, I don't work with celebrities, but I have this new really pushy boss. He's taking over Robert's old position. This new guy is just kinda... I don’t know.... crazy. Like, the type of guy who has to have two sugars and three teaspoons of cream in his coffee, stuff like that. Crazy.”

I sat on the edge of my bed, holding the phone between my shoulder and ear, putting some make-up remover on my cotton ball. “Let that jerk ask me to make him coffee. It would be over. I already do his damn laundry.” I practically growled. Sara just laughed at me again. “Don’t laugh at me!” I whined, “I’m to fragile.” “Whatever, woman. Listen, I gotta let you go. Got some sleep to catch up on. I’ll talk to you soon, chic. We’ll hang out this weekend. Just remember, in exactly one year, just 365 days, you will be officially done your job from hell.” I sighed happily. “You’re right. Well, I’ll talk you later, bitch.” “Bye, whore.” She replied before hanging up.

I tossed the phone onto my bed, rubbing the rest of my eye make up off with the baby oil. Then I got up, and walked out of the room into my bathroom. On my way ouy, I x’ed over todays date, November 5. Just 364 more days to go.

Next day....

I braced the counter. OK, I can do this. It’s easy. Take the cup from the shelf, take the pot, and pour the coffee in.

Easy.

I took the cup from the shelf, and placed, ever so gently on the counter. OK, now, take pot in hands. Pour it. Come on, Lauri, just pour it.

I can’t. I just can’t pour him coffee. Sighing deeply, I put the pot down, and just as I was about to walk into the living room to tell him off, a thought popped into my mind. If I do that, he’d win.

He WANTS me to back down. That would make him happy and make me look weak. Ha, well, I’m onto you Senor Carter. So, I poured that coffee like I never poured coffee before. I smiled.... grinned, even. Then, I took that damn coffee up to my nose and sniffed it. It smelled really good. I bet he’ll love it. No... I HOPE he loves it. Then, I put some cream into it, the two sugars, just like he asked. (Oh yes, he gave me a specific amount of sugar. I almost passed out.) I screwed the smile into place, then picked it up and sauntered into the living room.

“Here ya go Mr. Carter.” I said, beaming at him. He took it, briefly glanced up at me and gave me a half nod, then he turned his attention back to the TV. I stood there for another moment, staring at him. “Your welcome.” I said, turning on my heels and walking towards my office. I walked into my office, sat down in my chair, and opened up the last file up on my computer. After about five minutes, he came waltzing into my office. “Hey, sorry about that. Thanks for the coffee. It’s really good.”

Oh my God. He has some heart. “No problem Mr. Carter.” I said, shrugging. Well, maybe he just takes a long time to warm up to people. I guess he’s not so bad after you really.... “Oh, and by the way, my car needs to get taken to the shop, so whenever you get a free minute, preferably within the next twenty, that would be great.” He finished. Then, he took a sip of his coffee, smirked at me, left, and shut the door behind him.

I coped with this encounter the best way I knew how. I picked the small figurine up off the table and threw against the door. I was really going to find a new way of coping. My arm was starting to hurt. Maybe I could just key his car when I get it back from the shop. But he might dock it from my pay. Bastard.