- Text Size +
Alright guys... i proudly presesnt chapter 4. hope u likey. i wont be persoanlly resonding to reviews, because it makes the review page look cluttered and stupid. but i do want to say thank you here to everyone that reviews. it really keeps me going. i really hope you like!!!! please r&r.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

One week later.......

I laughed at loud at Kodi’s newest ‘Nick Carter Horror Story of the Day’. I had talked to her everyday this week, and she always had a true life account of Nick being an asshole, acting stupid, or both to make me feel better. It was almost like a drug. I needed to know that I wasn’t the only one he acted like a jerk around. I wiped a tear from my eye, still laughing. “God Kodi, that was the first story that made me laugh so hard I teared up.” She just chuckled on the other end. “Just wait till tomorrow’s installment.” I just started laughing again, sipping on my Mocha latte I picked up on the way to work. “So, other than having to come into contact with Lord Egotistical, how is the job going?” “It’s actually good. Today is really good cause he’s not in, he went out with the brat pack from Jersey. But it’s really not that bad. I think he’s already getting bored of trying to piss me off, so it should only be another week or so before he forgets I’m here. The only part that really sucks is the drive.” “Why’s that, traffic and stuff?” “No, when I leave, there is basically no traffic out at all, but it’s just the hike. It’s forty-five minutes from my house to his.” “Really, I didn’t know you lived that far from his place. Well, I’ll get some people looking for a place for you closer to his. Listen Lauri, I have to dash. I’ll talk to you on Monday, and I’ll have some more information for you about that. Have a good weekend. Alrighty?” “Umm... yeah, ok. Talk to you next week.” I said, slowly putting the phone down on the cradle.

Wait, what? ‘We’ll get some people looking for a place closer to his?’ What does that mean? Whatever, crazy industry people.

On that note.... whatever. I got up and walked to my office door and down the hall to the kitchen. Nick was out with the Jersey crew and I was pretty sure that since he left this morning around 11, he wouldn’t be home until.... tomorrow. Or at least late tonight. I’ve only worked with him for over a week, but I already knew his pattern. He leaves at little after I show up in the morning, and he comes back hours me shift is over.

And I’m NOT complaining at all. I get his whole huge house to myself, with his stocked fridge, and his plasma TV. I just put my message on in my office, and if anyone calls, they leave all the information I need, and I just get to it later. This is the perfect job.

I started forging through his fridge, hoping to find some leftover pizza. I finally found it towards the back, and pulled out a can of Sprite. I put a slice of cheese pizza in the microwave for just a couple of seconds, threw it on a paper plate, grabbed my drink and retreated to the living room. I kicked my shoes off, flipped on the TV, and began to search for something interesting. I finally settled on a ‘Friends’ marathon. This is my perfect Friday. Sitting on my boss’s sofa, eating my boss’s food, while watching my boss’s plasma TV. I guess life didn’t suck too much.

Saturday – November 10th

“I like M.A.C., but my favorite line is at Sephora. Urban Decay... they’re lip gloss is fantastic.” Sara said, pulling me into Sephora. “Sara, I really don’t have money to be splurging on makeup.” I said, walking behind her. I hated Sephora. I mean, I absolutely loved it, but whenever I went in their, I just wanted to buy everything, and I just didn’t have the money. Sara rolled her eyes and sighed heavily. "Yeah, but you get paid next week... you know..... ‘cause you have a job. So don’t worry about it. You worked hard this week; you deserve to splurge a little.” I laughed at her statement. ‘Yeah Sara, I worked like a dog all week.” She just smiled and walked up to a display. "Try this lip gloss on. It’s really pretty, really shiny, and no so sticky. It’s my favorite.” She continued, handing it to me. After I took it, she threw one for herself and a few other things into her own basket. She’s right. I do deserve a little something. So I threw a couple of things into my basket, too.

I guess this is why man invented the credit card.

A few hours later, and after hitting up Victoria’s Secret and Bakers shoes, Sara and I sat in the food court of our favorite mall, sipping on Very Berry smoothies. She glanced down at her watch. “Oh, Petra should be here in about a half hour. You wanna come catch a movie?” “Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. What we gonna see?” I asked, finish up the rest of my drink. “Probably like, ‘In Good Company’.” She replied with a smirk. “Oh God, I always forget you guys are like, the Tophoo Grace fan club.” She laughed then sighed. “It’s Topher, my dear. Topher. And he’s fabulous.” She said. “Come one, let’s go to Mandee’s, that’s where she coming to meet us.” Sara said, getting up and throwing her Styrofoam cup in the trash, I followed suit, then began to walk beside her. “So Sara, how’s the job hunt going for Petra?” I asked. “Yeah, she really need to start looking for one of those. I think even her dad is starting to get pissed off.” I just laughed. Petra was one of our more well off friends. Her dad was a co-founder of Samsung, so she had no problems in life. She was a roommate in college. She actually really reminded me of Rachel from friends. She was so damn clueless when her dad basically pushed her out into the real world to fend for herself. I think he knew that she was starting to get too spoiled. Well, just a few months with us and she started to figure stuff out quick. We didn’t take her prissy ‘I don’t want to cook or clean for myself’ shit. Even though she still has some of her bratty attributes, she really did change a lot in four years.

So there we were, walking to Mandee’s minding our own business, when my biggest fucking nightmare saunters by. “Holy shit, Sara. It’s him. It’s my boss.” I basically squeaked, trying to hide behind one of those carts that sold fake hair pieces. But, sadly and naturally, Nick spotted me. His face broke out into a huge grin and he began to walk towards me. Sara poked at me. “I think he noticed you.” She whispered. Thank you, Sara, for your insight. I huffed as he walked up to me. “Hey Lauri, how’s it going?” He asked. “Fine, Mr. Carter. Just peachy.” I replied threw gritted teeth. Sara coughed lightly behind me, poking me again. “Mr. Carter, this is my friend, Sara. Sara, this is my boss, Mr. Carter.” I strained. “Please, Lauri, it’s Nick on the weekends.” He smiled fakely. ‘I hate you.’ Was all I could think. “Her best friend.” Sara continued, oblivious to the tension between me and him. “Lauri just talks about you all the time, how much she likes coming into work everyday. She loves it.” Sara said, her smile big and blinding. I gave her the dumbest look ever. She just smiled at me. “Don’t cha, Lauri?”

I almost choked. He knows I hate him and the job. What the hell do I say? What the hell is she thinking? “Ummm... yeah. All the time.” I replied in my questioning tone. Well, this is one of the more uncomfortable situations in my life. "So, what do you ladies have planned for the day?” He asked, peering down at our bags. Thank god Sara was there, because I was to dumbfounded to form a sentence. I tried to hide my Victoria’s Secret bag behind my back, but it was too late, I knew he saw it. He does not need to know I shop there. He’s like, my boss.

“Just having a girly day, you know. We been shopping all morning. Hey, were actually going to hit up a movie, you wanna join us?” Sara asked. I inwardly scoffed. Yeah right. Nick hanging out with his ‘secretary’ and her friend. He wouldn’t be caught dead with us. I actually can’t believe he is even talking to us now. He’s probably trying to figure out how to leave as quickly as.... “Sure, I’d love to join you ladies.” He smiled, staring at me.

Well, this is going to suck a little bit more than alot