- Text Size +
Little A.N.: Just a quick blurb, we’re all going to pretend that his solo album dropped in October 2005, instead of 2003, and Never Gone has yet to be released, the Paris Hilton scandal and arrests DID happen, just so ya’ll know what the background for the story is. Thank you thank you!!
also, i should be going on my aim more ofteen, so if u ever see me on and wanna chat, id love to hear from u. about the story or anything!! its phillychic53. well, here is chappy 5. i hope hope hope u like. im trying to take this story in a different direction, and i hope yall enjoy!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5

What in the hell was she thinking? What the HELL was she thinking? Why would she ever do that to me? Why! She knows I hate him. Even more, she knows he hates me. What was she, I mean, what could have possibly been going through her head? Ok, wait, slow down. This is your friend here. There has to be some logical explanation. She probably thought he would decline, but wanted to look courteous or something. Yeah, that’s it. She didn’t know he’d accept. Hell, I didn’t even think he’d accept. What was I gonna do? I NEED to get rid of him. Or both of them. OK, I could maybe tell them….

Wait a minute. This is MY friend. This is MY weekend. He walked in on MY plans. He should be the one leaving. Just then, I had the most brilliant thought. Yes, I knew something was up! I know exactly how to get rid of him, while looking like a nice little employee. “Mr… I mean… Nick. I thought I had booked an appointment for Teen Vogue on Thursday for this afternoon.” I smiled. Stupid dumbass. He’s supposed to be at the hotel in like, 40 minutes for the interview. “Nope. They called this morning to cancel. They rescheduled for tomorrow.” He shot me the smuggest smile ever.

I hate him.

I glared over to Sara, who looked somewhere between confused and amused. Tension was running high within our little trio, all the while, Nick looked like he was soaking it all in. Doesn’t he just love causing terror. “So, Nick, what’s been going on with you?” Sara asked, desperately trying to ease tension. “With me. Well, I just dropped a solo album a little less than a month ago, so I’m really excited about that. And I’m going on tour with in the next two months, just before Christmas. So, that should be pretty awesome.”

For a second after he stopped talking, I almost felt bad for him. The only way he knows how to communicate with people is like they were a reporter. I mean, he totally just talked to her like she was a gossip columnist for People. But then I just figured it was because he was self-absorbed and likes to tell people he gets to travel all over the country and get paid for it.

As we were all standing around Mandee, I finally spotted Petra walking towards us. God, she always overdid herself for the mall. She was in this blue and white velour zip up and mini skirt, both Juicy velour, naturally, Channel aviators, and Channel heels, her hair freshly dyed auburn, down and curled loosely like she was going to prom.

“Hello ladies!!” she squealed as she saw us, giving us big hugs. “And… guy I don’t know.” She said, staring at him with her face scrunched. Hey, I said she was rich, not proper. “I know you.” She said, wagging her finger at him. “Your… that guy.” she said, still thinking. I guess I should also point out that the pop culture world was not her thing. While she always flipped through the gossip magazines and watched TV shows featuring the rich and famous, it was only to see what was the hot style. Her music of choice was underground punk. Looking at her you would never guess, all bubbly and cute, but she couldn’t pick Ashlee Simpson out from Gwen Stefani if her life depended on it. The world does work in mysterious ways. “He’s…” “No! Don’t tell me. I can figure it out.” She said, looking deteremined. This was obviously the strangest introduction that he has ever been involved in, and I could tell by the look on his face. “I saw you in a magazine picture… with Paris Hilton…. She was wearing the gorgeous black Channel silk floor length… I totally bought one after I saw that picture…. Oh, wow. I know. Your Nick Carter.” She said proudly.

I don’t know if he looked so indignant because she only remembered him because he was in a picture with a girl who was wearing a nice dress, because she mentioned Paris Hilton, or both. “I really like your outfit , Petra!” Sara chripped, changing the subject quickly. “Thanks Sari! I just bought it last week. Isn’t it fab? Well, come on girlies… and dude… we have to go watch Topher!” She squealed, and for the first time in a couple minutes, even Sara got excited. They raced in front of us, yapping away.

Number one: I hate Sara for inviting Nick
Number two: I hate Nick for accepting
Number three: I hate Petra for being so damn clueless
Number four: I hate myself for acting so damn timid around Nick.

I took in a deep breath. This is it. I was going to have to be the bigger person. I will have to try to bury this damn hatchet. I will try to be peaceful. “Umm.. Sorry about Petra. She can be a little… dopey.” I admitted bluntely. “It’s no problem, I know how it can be.” He smiled at me. Well look at this. We are totally sharing a moment. You know, this whole being nice to each other thing isnt too bad, afterall. Actually, I can get used to… “Oh, by the way, I wont be in my house Monday morning, so before I forget can you pick my car up from the shop and set one of the guest rooms up. My friend Brent is coming down for the week.” He instructed, then grinned.

I hate him.

“Yeah, Nick. I can do that for you.” I replied. I gave him that look that says ‘I really want to hurt you right now’ and he replied with a look that read ‘Bring it on’. We were definetly having a moment, and he definetly ruined it. And, he made me hate him again. Like, more than ever.Just then, Petra came between me and Nick, and Sara was at my side. “So, Lauri, I hear you work for Nick. How do you two get along?” Petra asked.

I truly do love Petra. She tries oh-so-hard to be on everyones good side. And now, she was desperatly trying to involve everyone in light conversation. And bless her soul for that. But sometimes, God how I just wanted to smack her in the face while screaming ‘Don’t you get it!’. This was one of those times. “We get along just fine. Lauri is a great employee.” He gave her a grin from hear to ear so blinding I thought I’d have to borrow Petra’s sunglasses. “Well that’s awsome. So what do you do Lauri?”

Please, please shut up Petra.

“I… ya know, book meetings for Nick… and stuff.” I said. “Come on Lauri. That’s not all you do. She also helps out with my housework. Does my laundry and vacuums and everything. Such a good worker.” He smiled smugly. Well, this is humiliating. Yes Nick, declare me as your servant in front of my two closest friends. Thank you, sire, I’m honored. “So.. You’re like… a maid? That’s… cool. Really noble.” Petra smiled, trying to be optimistic. Like I said, she tries.

“No, Petra, Lauri isn’t a maid. She is an assistant. She also assissts giving overpriveliged rich people help doing house work that they think they are above doing themselves.” Sara said, her voice getting tense. Yeah, Sara may be small and petite, but she has a nasty bark. Nick looked visably shaken. I guess he has never been attacked by a chic 5 foot 3 before. “Well, I wasn’t saying that… ya know… Oh, hold on a minute.” He looked visably releived, pulling his cell out of his pants, flipping it open, and reading a text message that he just recived.

“Well, ladies, as much as I’d like to join you, I have to go meet up with some people. I guess I’ll cya around.” He said, looking each one of us over. I think I was giving him just a relieved look as he was giving me. Sara looked like she was ready to pounce on him and rip his eyes out, and Petra looked a tad confused, while waving good-bye. He turned on his heels and speed-walked as fast as he could in the other direction.

“He is a fucking jerk.” Sara spat. “Yes I fucking know! Why did you even invite him in the first place?” I asked. “I don’t know, it just came out. I didn’t think he would actually come anyway.” she replied. I sighed heavily. “Thanks for tounge-lashing him. He looked like he was about to piss his pants.” I smiled at Sara. “No problem, sweetie. You really need to stand up to him. You’re letting him walk all over you.” “I know. I used to, it’s just. I don’t know. I’m nervous I’m going to lose my job, I guess.” Sara just smiled. “Well, if he gets outa line again, just let me know. I’ll go over there and yell at him again.” she laughed.”Thanks Sari.” I smiled, continuing to walk down the hall with her and Petra towards the thearter. “So, let me get this straight. We don’t like Nick, right?” Petra asked.

She really does try.