- Text Size +
AN: Hey all. well, this story took a little bit of a differnt turn then i originally planned, but i hope everyone likes. sorry this one took so long!!! please please review. reviews are starting to become scare, and i wanna make sure everyone is still reading/liking. i wanna say thanks to the ladies that review every chappy. im sooo glad u like. well, here it is, everyone.

Chapter 7

“I finally meet my partner in crime!” Kodi said, shutting the door of her BMW. She walked right over to me, giving me a giant hug. “So good to finally meet you. So, what’s going on with you?” She asked. “Good to meet you too. Nothing to much going on with me. I just threatened Nicks’ friends’ life, but other than that, nothing much.” I said casually. She snorted. “Brent’s here?” she asked. I nodded and she rolled her eyes. “He’s such a fucking pig. Don’t worry about him. Anyway, we can trash him over a martini. But I’m sure right now your ready to go see your new place.” she said. “No, I’ve only been waiting all day.” I replied with a laugh. She smirked. “OK chick. Follow me. It’s not to far from here.” She said, walking back to her car.

It really wasn’t that far of a drive. Barely ten minutes. I followed Kodi into this ultra-swanky garage. I don’t really know how they managed to make the garage look swanky, but they did. There was like, this dim lighting, palm trees, and this futuristic looking glass doors leading into the elevator room. I stopped behind Kodi’s car as she got out and let a vallet get into to go park hers. I got out of mine and gave another vallet my keys and followed Kodi to the automatic doors. “They have vallet’s in an apartment building?” I asked, waiting for the eleveator to reach our floor. “For what the tenants are paying to stay in this place, they better have.” she remarked, stepping into the elevator. “We just have to check in at the front desk first to pick up your room key, then we can go check out your place.” She replied, hitting the lobby button. “So, Kodi, how long have you worked for Jive?” I asked. “I’ve been working with them for 6 years. Ever since I got out of college. I had an internship with them during my senior year, but that dosen’t count because I wasn’t getting payed.” She smirked. “Wow. Six years. With Nick. Bless you.” I said, stepping off the lift and onto the marble floor. “Oh, please. I havent been working with Nick for six years. God, I can’t imagine. I’ve only been working with blondie for two years. I started out as a secretary for some PR for Jive, then worked my way the little corporate ladder, ending up with blondie, which feels more like a demotion, but it still pays good so whatever.” she laughed.

As she walked up to the front desk, I gawked around the place. It was absolutely gorgeous. It was so sleek and modern. All marble and chrome and glass, palm trees everywhere and a seating area with black leather couches. It was just amazing. There was even a Starbucks in the lobby. How freaking fancy could you get?
“Alrighty missy, you ready?” she asked, dangeling the keys in front of my face with a smile. “I am sooo ready.” I replied, grinning. We got onto the lift again, and I watched as she pressed floor number 18. That was really high up, considering there were only twenty floors. “Your gonna love this place. Not only are you close to work, but its now only a fifteen minute commute to downtown Tampa.” she said, walking out of the doors. The carpet in the hallway was plush and gorgeous. “I would be ok with sleeping out in the hall.” I said. She laughed. “Not when you see the inside.” she replied. She walked all the way to the end of the hall, stopping at the last door, and opening it. “Welcome home.” she smiled.

I almost passed out as I stepped inside. The place was amazing. The interior was almost like the lobby. All chrome and sleek. Just like in my office, there was a floor to floor, wall to wall window, that gave an awsome view of downtown Tampa, even if it was in the distance. The previous owned had left a few articles behind, a few paintings on the walls, a bamboo rug with black trim, and a small steel and glass coffee table. “Kodi, this place is aamazing.” I said. “Come on, girlie. You didn’t even see the rest of the place yet.” she replied pulling me along.

Life couldn’t get any better.

Later….

“Like I said, he is such a fucking pig. Don’t let him bother you. And if he touches you, seriously, tell Nick. He can be a jerk, but Nick wont let him go that far.” Kodi said, taking a sip of her chocolate martini. “Have you had a bad eperience with Brent?” I asked, finishing off my Bicardi. “Who hasn’t? Brent is the worst of the Jersey crew.” she said. “He’s part of the Jersey crew? But I thought they were all down last weekend.” I said. “Most of them were. Except for Brent. See, the rest of the boys come down from school on Thursday night for the weekend, party it up, have fun, and fly back Monday morning. They only miss two days off school. I’m not saying missing school is good, but they only do it twice, maybe three times a year. They’re mostly all pretty motivated kids anyway. But Brent comes down for the whole week, maybe two, about five times a year. He comes down by himself because then he gets all the attention when him and Nick go out. He gets all the left over girls, booze, whatever. He uses Nick. And it’s really sad because Nick really considers him a friend, while everyone else can see he is being used.” Kodi said. “I bet he knows he’s being used. I mean, how can he not?” I asked. No one is that blind. “I mean, I know that deep down inside he knows, but he dosent want to accept it. See, all his life, Nick has basically been used by everyone around him. His friends, people that work for him, I mean, even his own mother. I guess when yur that surrounded by it, your either immune to it or you really just don’t know. Don’t get me wrong, Nick can be a complete asshole to people. But he has a lot of his own demons. I try to think about that when I get pissed off at him. It usually dosent work though, cause he pisses me off so bad.” she laughed. “Wow, I can’t believe that. I just thought… I don’t know what I though. I guess I never really considered what his life was like.” She shrugged. “Your gonna get the same story for about 98% of the people in this buisness anyway, so you’ll get used to it.” she said, motioning to the waitress for refills on both of our drinks.

“So, Kodi, I wanna know about you. What’s going on in your life?” I asked. “My life? Well… let’s see. Other than always being at work, I have this boyfriend....” she laughed as I perked up. “Ohh, so what’s his name? How long you’ve been going out?” “His name is Dillan. We’ve been going out for just less than six months.” She smiled. “Aww. Almost half a year. That’s so cute.” I replied. “Cute?” she asked, laughing. “You have to remember, I just graduated college. For me, six weeks is a milestone.” I replied. “Oh, well, when you get all old like me, you’ll be looking for stability.” she laughed, taking a sip of her new drink. “Oh please, your not old.” I laughed. “So, Lauri, whats up with you? Do you have your own boy?” I scrunched up my nose. “No. I just got out of a relationship about a month ago, so… I guess you can say I’m looking but not. If someone comes around, that would be cool, but I can wait it out for a while.” I shrugged. “How long did it last?” she asked. “Nothing ground-brekaing. Two months. It was long for me, but on normal human time, not to long.” I smiled.

Kodi glanced down at her watch. “Shit, it’s already nine. Wow, we have definetely been here for like, two hours?” she laughed. “Has it really been? Time flies.” I replied. “I’d love to stay, but I have to go home and sleep. I need my eight hours or I’m one cranky bitch. Plus, I told Dillan I’d call him around eight thirty so I’m a little late.” she joked. “We defintely have to do this again sometime.” “No question. I can’t this weekend… have to meet the parents, but maybe next?” she suggested. “I’m pretty sure I’m free. Oh, meeting the folks. That’s a big step.” I smiled. “I know, and I’m defiently freaking out. We’re flying out to Vancouver Friday night. Who the hell lives in Vancouver?” she laughed. I shrugged and smiled. “It’s gonna be cold as shit there too.” “Bitch.” she laughed. “I hope you have fun. I’ll lay out on the beach in your memory.” “I don’t like you right now.” We walked out of the bar, handing our tickets to the vallet. (Everything is vallet in this neighborhood. Damn lazy rich people.)

Kodi’s car came up first. I gave her a hug, thanking her once again for everything she’s done for me. She just smiled and tld me to call her tomorrow. Call her tomorrow? She was getting a fucking fruit basket tomorrow. And if I had the time, I’d throw in a human sacrafice. She just changed my life in about the span of two days. I was like, eternaly in her debt.

Maybe I could sacrafice Nick?

I walked into my apartment that night completely content. I guess, in the smallest, wierdest way, I was kinda sad to leave it. It’s almost like… I guess when your at the pet store, and you see that older dog that’s really great and cute and everything, but you know the energetic puppy is gonna get taken home first. I like my tiny apartment, broken hot water fauset in the kitchen and all….

But damn, that puppy is looking good.

The puppy here being the new apartment, for those here not following.


Monday November 19th

“Sara, I can’t just get up and leave.” I repeated for about the eightenth time in five minutes. “But Lauri…. It’s Topher Grace. He’s here. It’s him. He’s signing autographs and stuff. It’s like the Topher Grace!” she whined. “Really? Topher Grace? Ya know, I’m glad you said that cause I didn’t catch it the other fourty two times you said his name.” I growled. “Woah, woah. What’s your deal?” she asked, taken aback. Holy shit. He’s making me go crazy. He has me yelling at my best friend. “I’m sorry, Sar. It’s just the job. Nick has been bossing me around and making me do all his needless crap since Brent left on Friday. I’m just really stressed.” I replied, rubbing my head. I began to doodle on the edge of my day planner, feeling that this little stick man would make me feel better. “It’s ok. I know how he can be. Why don’t you just kick his ass?” she asked. “If that were a plausible option, don’t worry, I would.” I replied. “Hey, why don’t you bring Petra?” I spoke again. “Can’t, she’s in Tahiti.” Sara replied with an exasperated tone. “Tahiti? Why?” “Cause she was bored.” Sara replied flatly. “Just packed up her shit and…. Whoosh. She goes to Tahiti.” She continued. “I hate her.” I remarked. Sara laughed. “I can’t say I’m not jealous of her.” she sighed. “Come on Lauri. Just come one. He wont even notice your gone. Please please please!” she begged. “Sara, as much as I wish I could get up and out of here, I can’t. I know the minute I leave, he’ll be looking for me to do his laundry, or clean his room, or wipe his ass or some other needless fucking thing he has me do all day. Trust me, this is the LAST place I wish to be right now. But, I can’t go.” I said.

And that was the truth. I really wouldn’t mind standing for a couple of hours in a line with my best friend to meet her idol instead of being here. But it is what it is, I guess.

“I understand, LaurLaur.” she pouted. “I’m sorry, hun. But you go sweep Toffy off his feet.” “It wont be as fun by myself… but I’ll take one for the team.” she joked. “Think of it this way, the less people that go, the more of a chance you have to marry him.” I replied, writing Nick’s name above the stick figure. “I guess. Well, it’s not for another two hours anyway…” she continued. “And let me guess, you’ve been ready for about an hour already.” I asked. “Um… two… but that’s not the point. The early bird get’s the worm. Anyway, let’s stop busting on me. So, Carter boy is still being a jerk off?” Sara asked. “Yeah. I mean, last week he was being kinda nice, I guess cause he felt guilty about the whole Brent thing. But Brent left Friday morning, and from Friday morning till now, considering it’s only noon, he’s been riding my ass like theres no tomorrow. I don’t know what his fucking problem is. He’s so damn stuck-up for no reason. Like he’s trying to prove something.” I ranted. Hey, this feels good. I’ve talked to Sara about at home, but ranting at work about work just felt… fufilling. I should try this more often. “Maybe it’s because he’s a washed up pop star.” she went on. “Washed up… I guess. I mean, he’s still… I mean I guess you would call him an A-list star..” Sara scoffed. “Five years ago, fine. B-list, no question.” “I guess. But still, he dosent have to be such a fucking jerk. He just seems.. I don’t. Like a bitter person. But theres nothing to be bitter about.” I continued. I began to scribbled all over the little stick man on my page, smiling. This is totally mental yoga right here.

She sighed into the phone. “Don’t worry about it sweetie. You’ll be over this job in a year. Then you’ll get your awsome job in some kick-ass PR firm, and you’ll like…. Be happier.” I smiled. “Thanks Sar. I know. I can’t wait to get out of this job. I did NOT bust my ass for four years in college to be some shallow boy banders secretary.” “Hey, at least you have a job.” she sighed. “Sar, sorry to remind you, but you do too.” “Um…. I did. I kinda quit, like, yesterday.” “Why?” I asked, schocked. It was a pretty cool. She was a floor girl and a shoe store downtown. She got a lot of discounts and stuff. “I don’t know. I wasn’t like… fufilled. And I’m an idiot. Oh shit, my fucking mom is on the other line. I knew my sister would tell her. Fucking bitch. Listen, I got to take this. I’ll call you back later, love.” She said. “Bye, Sar.” I said, hanging up.

I sat their for a few minutes, then I heard the door creaking open. “I looked up, seeing Nick stand in the doorway. Fucking geat. What the hell does he want from me. He looked up at me, eyes practically on fire. “Sorry I’m such a shallow, bitter person.” he practically growled.

Oh fucking shit.