- Text Size +
FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER: Nick and Shaira get married. After the wedding, Nick told his wife that she will be quitting her job at her grandfather's hotel. He's starting to take Shaira away from her grandfather's control which is good news for Shaira. However, something troubled Shaira's mind when she remembered what she did just to make Nick fell into this marriage of convenience. Can he forgive her when he finds out the truth?






CHAPTER 9






"Are you sure that you're coming with me?"



Shaira looked up when Nick entered the bedroom and saw her packing up clothes in her luggage bag. She quit her job earlier and when she gets back, she decided to come along with Nick on his trip to Sydney. "Yes. I've never been that away in such a long time and since I just quit my job and currently unemployed, I might as well take a vacation off." She turned back to packing.



Nick sat beside her on the floor. "Oh, like a honeymoon for both of us?"



Shaira raised an eyebrow. "Like as if we're really that married." She saw the teasing grin on his face. She rolled her eyes. "No, Nick. It's not part of the agreement. Stop being horny."



"Why?" Nick continued to tease. "It wasn't like we didn't do it before. Besides, I have every marital right because I'm your husband." He leaned closer and kissed her ear, his tongue traced her lobe sending her shivers. "And would you blame me if I thought I get lucky to get married to the gorgeous granddaughter of Lucas Chrysler? It's not my fault to get horny, baby."



"Gorgeous? Romina is more gorgeous than I am." Shaira pushed him away but Nick only smiled at her. His arms went around her. She remembered the times when he's like this, trying to seduce her to make love to him. He'd tickle her, kiss her all over the place and just hug her. He's doing it right now.



"She's not, you are." Nick placed a kiss on her neck.



Oh God. He knows how to get her. "Nick! Stay away, please." Shaira turned to him but found her mistake. Nick met her lips and successfully gained entry into her mouth. She moaned at the familiar sensations as she returned the kiss with intense fervor.



"You can't resist me, Shaira." Nick whispered as he hastily pulled off her tank top and his mouth caught her breasts. He picked her up from the floor and laid her down on his bed. He gently kissed her forehead and returned to kissing her lips once again. Shaira moaned as she surrendered herself to him. There's no use fighting back when she want it anyway.



~~~



Shaira stared through the window of the airplane as Nick dozed off beside her. She was lucky to manage a seat on the plane since she doesn't have booked tickets for the flight. It wasn't the peak season and she easily got tickets to come along with Nick. Her husband, on the other hand, is sleeping soundly beside her. Nick never liked flying but it forces him to because of the demands with his work. He's probably going to Sydney to cover another place for his travel column in the magazine.



They had sex four hours ago, or she can rather call it more likely as made love. Shaira never expected Nick to be gentle. He made love to her like it was their first time. She saw the tenderness in the way he kissed every inch of her body and made them both scream in utmost pleasure. It's amazing. Nick always had this power to bring her to the peak of her emotions with him.



But it was also sad when after the deed and they lay against each other for a while, Nick left the bedroom without any word. He didn't talk to her ever since. It seemed as if he only made a point that he's just horny and needed a release and she's the nearest one available.



She looked down at her finger. Her simple wedding band means so much to her than just a symbol of convenience. If only Nick feels the same way…



Tears fell down her face. She's slowly freeing herself from her grandfather and she's happy for that. But she cannot be any happier because of the feeling of sadness overwhelming her because of Nick. She still loves him but he never felt the same way about her now. She wipes her tears before Nick would see it. She sighed. What should she do to have that love back? Or should she stop wishing for it at all?





~~~





"They flew off to Sydney tonight, sir." The man said on the phone. "Nickolas is going to cover an article for the Great Barrier Reefs and then he'll go back to start with another project with the Chrysler Company."



The person he's speaking to frowned on the other line. "He doesn't need to work at all. You need to do what I told you to do."



"At Sydney, sir? I'll get my contacts to execute the plan right away. But what about the woman?"



"Leave her alone."