- Text Size +
(A/N Note: The situation occurred as well to my sister's colleague in the Navy when they had underwater exams last year. The lady was drowned and they revived her back to life. But after that, she was in coma for a while and when she woke up, she couldn't remember anything - even her own parents. Through the course of time, she slowly remembered her family and her earlier past but she still couldn't remember what happened in the present and how did she get into the government service. My sister who's now a drill instructor in the service relayed what happened to me thus, inspiring me to write what could happen if I write it in a Nick fan fiction....Hmmm...)

FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER: Shaira is losing her mind, thinking about losing Nick in such a fateful accident. Everyone was worried, even Corey, Nick's boss, and Brian, his best friend, who found their way to locate Shaira and check on her condition. Nick was declared dead after two months when he was still missing. No one could really tell what happened to him as there was no body found, or any other reports. Worried of his sister, Kevin already consulted a psychiatrist for Shaira's condition and it was becoming worst. Shaira refused to go back home to New York and so, Marc offered his help for a place where she and Kristin can settle for a while.





CHAPTER 13




Shaira stood at the balcony of the hotel where she is practically living right now. She wipes her tears as she thinks about Nick. Life for them was always hard and maybe, God really willed this thing to happen. It might just be the best thing for both of them.



Everyone thinks she's losing her mind. She can, if she willed it to be. Losing Nick is losing a part of her but she won't stay sulking forever. The world won't stop turning and so should she. It was hard to think of not having Nick in her life now but she has to move on.



She's going back to New York and to continue living, even if it takes a lot of willpower to do it.





~~~


the twins




He watched the flock of birds flew in the nearby horizon as the sun sets in the west. The place is peaceful but he doesn't feel any more peace. His mind is in chaos. There's something that bothers him but he didn't know what. He glanced down at his legs and he tried to stand up but he still feels weak. He groaned in frustration. He had been on an accident at sea, which almost caused him his life. He got drowned and he was only resuscitated back to life. The doctors deemed him fine but no one was able to talk with him because of his shock. He couldn't utter a word for a while and he suffered a selective memory loss, something that made him forget what happened in the present. He couldn't recall what he was doing at the sea in the first place. He only had the memory of his past, the one when he was still way too young. Aside from that, he wasn't able to move his body for almost two weeks. It's a good thing that there was no damage in his spinal cord and only had to undergo minor therapy to move with at ease again. After more than two moths, Nick was able to pronounce a few words slowly and he can move his body but still, his memory remains vague.



"The therapist said that it'll take you a little while before you can finally manage to stand up on your own without getting wobbly," a man behind him said. He looked around and saw his brother, his fraternal twin. There were only a few certain features that links their identity as twins but other than that, they almost didn't looked alike anymore. His fraternal twin has short black hair, brown eyes and chiseled jaws while he is blonde, has blue eyes and heart-shaped face.



"I…I want to stand up and w-walk around." He stammered. "I-I don't want t-to look like… some s-sleazebag here, ordering p-people around to get what I…I want."



"Get used to it. You deserved the special treatment. Anyway, you lived alone all your life. Now that I found you, we're back as a family." The man said.



"I… I can't remember anything, e-except that I… I used to live a-alone since Dad and M-mom died." The blonde one sighed. "I c-can't remember anything… after that." He looked at his hands, feeling as if some thing is missing there.



"You'll get by, in the right time." The black-haired one said. "Meanwhile, I came here to tell you that we'll go back to LA tomorrow. Your fiancée is waiting for you."



He looked at his twin. "I'm engaged?"



His brother smiled and nodded. "You are so in love with Daphne, I'm green with envy. Since my fiancée died years ago, I wasn't able to find a woman just like my Lyra."



He smiled at the thought of having a woman to love. He imagined Daphne's face with her brown eyes, her luscious red lips smiling widely to him, her long brown hair and her soft body melded to his. She would cook for him with every food he wanted and they would go on picnics at a nearby park and doze off against each other's arms under the sun. Yes, he loves Daphne. It's a good thing that he still remembers something about her. "I…I want t-to see Daphne, Errol."



Errol smiled. "Sure thing, Nick. We'll leave Australia tomorrow."