- Text Size +
FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER: Nick may have amnesia but he could remember a woman with brown hair and a charming smile. What bothers him is that she's not Daphne. It surprised him when he saw the actual facec of the woman in the picture that Errol showed him. Errol, on the other hand, had other plans for his twin brother. He's brainwashing Nick to go against Shaira. Is he going to be successful this time? What is going to happen?



CHAPTER 16







Nick smiled as he walked towards the window of his spacious room without using his cane. He can already walk on his own without the support of a sturdy piece of metal stick. His brother, Errol, doesn't know it yet. Errol left for New York early this morning for business and will be back after two weeks. It's been raining since yesterday and Nick hoped that his twin's flight would be fine. He felt that if he would be the one traveling by air, he'd be greatly terrified. He must have hated flying. Maybe he forgot about that fact, too.



He glanced at the door when the knob turned. Daphne is here again, for her usual ten o' clock visits. He grinned when he saw her stopped by the doorway and saw him standing. "Oh my God!" she laughed happily and went to hug him. "Honey, this is a surprise."



"Yes, surprise, surprise." Nick hugged her back. "How are you doing? How are the wedding… preparations g-going?" Aside from being able to walk straight again, his words are now slowly coming out easily from him.



"Well," Daphne leaned her forehead against his, "it's great. I'll be having a gown-fitting next Friday and the food selection is scheduled tomorrow. Now that you're fine, we'll go to the caterer together and sample the food we wanted for our wedding." Nick only nodded. Daphne noticed his silence. "What's bothering you, baby?"



Nick turned away and went to sit at the edge of his bed. "Honestly, I don't think I'm r-ready to get married when I know that I'm missing out…something from my m-memory, Daphne. It's…frustrating. I hope you will understand. I j-just can't make a commitment with you when I don't e-even know or sure of what I am."



"You're postponing our wedding, Nick?"



Nick looked at her. It was really frustrating. He leaned closer to kiss her on the lips, lingering the sweetness of it. "Errol told me about Shaira Richardson." He saw her frowned at that.



"You're going to postpone or wedding again because of her? Nick!"



Nick smiled and embraced Daphne. "I want to punish the woman first for doing this thing to me. I…I can't marry you right now unless we finally had her in peace a-and out of our lives. Don't worry, Daphne. And I'm trying to remember about u-us. I want to remember everything. I want to love you c-completely."



"Having you back, Nick, is enough. Having you alive and breathing here with me again is enough." Daphne kissed him again. But Nick made up his mind. He already talked to Errol about postponing the wedding again until he's finished dealing with Lucas' granddaughter who almost ruined his life and bringing down the company who ruined his twin's family. Things have to be settled first.





~~~





Errol set down his pen after he was finished signing on the contracts. Glancing beside his lawyers, he is sure that he securely got the major shares from the company. He noticed that the old man, Lucas Chrysler, is not around for the meeting. His grandsons, Kevin Richardson and Marc Chrysler are the only ones together with their own lawyers and the Board of Trustees present. He noticed that Kevin is quite uneasy since the meeting began. It must have something to do with what happened to his sister and his brother-in-law. He heard him talking to his wife over the phone earlier before the meeting started. According to some people he knew, Shaira went back from Australia and gave up on finding Nick.



Everyone knows what happened to the newly married couple. But to protect Shaira, they never let the media get to see her. They never knew how she coped up with this massive ordeal in her life and what she does to find her missing husband. And still, no one knows what happened to her husband. But Errol knew.



"Excuse me," Kevin muttered as his phone, continue to ring. The meeting has concluded and everyone is getting up to leave. He shook hands with Errol and his lawyer first before going out of the boardroom. Errol simply greeted the members of the Board of Trustees then makes his way out of the room as well. He saw Kevin talking with someone on the phone at the hallway.



"How's LA? Good. Really? How about putting up a restaurant? We can make some feasibility study and let's see if we can start something from there." He heard Kevin saying. Interesting, Shaira is in LA where Nick is too. He's looking forward to tell Nick about this.