- Text Size +
FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER: Lucas seemed to be counting his memories of his children as he also counts his remaining days. What does that mean? Is he going to die? Meanwhile, Romina already knew that Nick is alive when she saw him coming inside Errol's office. When Nick saw her with Errol, he is already thinking about wanting to see Shaira and hearing her own truth. He didn't like the feeling of Romina's presence especially when he thinks that something's going on between his twin and Romina.
On the other hand, Shaira saw Nick at a bookstore. What's going to happen after this?




CHAPTER 19






The woman leaned up to kiss him on the lips. Shaira felt her world spinning at the sight. Her breathing came fast as she witnessed the unexpected. Nick is here, alive, and with a woman. "Nick?"



It was as if he heard her and he turned around. Their eyes locked for a moment. He'd grown his hair and he's wearing a suit. Is this Nick? All the features were the same and Shaira felt a lump formed in her throat as she finds the words to say. She watched as the man looked at her with a puzzled expression on his face. Their eyes locked together as a moment passed between them. He only turned away when the woman beside him began pulling him out of the bookstore.



"Nick…" she uttered his name but he didn't look back. Shaira wanted everything to be just a nightmare. Unfortunately, it is not. She can feel her heart hurting and her cheeks wet with tears. She can only watch as Nick walk away from her.





~~~





Nick walked quietly towards his room, his feeling were so heavy since he came home from accompanying Daphne with her shopping. And he knew that it wasn't because he is tired but because he is thinking about Shaira. There were mixed feelings ever since he saw her in the flesh. He saw Shaira at the bookstore. He knew that it was her. Something surged from within and it surprised him to realize that it was excitement to see her again. He had the urge earlier to rush over her and hug her and ease away the sad look from her eyes. But when Daphne pulled him away, he can only follow her. He is confused now. If only he could remember something, if not everything, he wouldn't go through this difficult ordeal in his life.



He wearily locked the door when he got in and sat at the edge of his bed, leaning down while holding his head with his hands. He wanted to remember everything so that he will understand what this feeling is. The sight of Shaira changed him and it just felt odd. Why?



He looked around his room and found the portfolio that Errol showed him was the product of his work. He couldn't believe that he's got the talent to capture a beautiful moment and make a living out of it. It must be a cool job. His attention went to the signature at the bottom right. NC + SR, 2005. His brows furrowed at that. What does that mean? He felt as if he couldn't breathe as the pain in his head hit without warning. He blinked many times as he went back to his bed and closed his eyes. Please, let this thing go away, he silently prayed. With both hands clasping his head, a thought still tried to squeeze past the agony. It occurred to him a thought of Shaira and him sitting together in a restaurant somewhere, holding hands, laughing and kissing.



Another pain shot through him and there was another vision of him and Shaira, holding each other's hand tightly as her grandfather was pulling him away from her and yelling at him. He saw the fear, and then the love in her eyes, as she released his hand and stepped away from him. She chose her grandfather over him and it hurt him.



Nick groaned aloud as he fell back on his bed. He never knew what happened next.