- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER: Shaira was hurt when she saw Nick with another woman. Frances managed to know what's troubling her friend and learned from her that she saw Nick. Meanwhile, Nick woke up after passing out from severe headache and recalled what was somehow he could remember. It was al about Shaira . He decided to go and look for her and ask her questions that's been bothering him.
CHAPTER 21





Kevin's jaw clenched as he finally put the pieces of the puzzle together. His grandfather put Shaira in a game to keep the family business going, never minding what the consequences could bring and who would be affected. Errol Henstridge is part of the schemes as well.



He never knew much about Errol except that he's the adopted grandson of Harold Henstridge. He only met him face to face when his grandfather introduced Errol as a big-time investor who wanted to marry Shaira. He never knew that Errol is Nick's long-lost twin brother, that he had plans of making Nick as his major representative as a stockholder or he had plans in taking full subsidy over the company's financial turmoil. He never knew that his grandfather secretly made arrangements with Errol about Shaira and Nick. Kevin has been used as part of the game, fell for it and pushed his sister into marrying her ex-boyfriend.



He is thankful that he considered hiring someone to make a background check on Errol. He was also able to find out the conspiracy that is going on between his grandfather and Errol.



And then, the accident in Australia happened. Nick was missing for weeks which caused an almost nervous breakdown on Shaira's part. Kevin felt himself torn into pieces when he saw his sister's condition. Shaira's life was slowly melting down like candle but not until she decided to continue living even without Nick. Shaira still knew better than to sulk on a corner and grieve for the loss of her husband. He pitied the young couple's condition, wishing that these things shouldn't have happened. His sister went to California with her best friend to try to heal the pain of loss.



And now that Kevin learned the game that their grandfather played, he should do something to end it. The game is over, Nick is gone. He stood up from his office chair, out of his office and walked towards his grandfather's office. He was almost there when he heard Romina's voice coming from within.



"I'm going to expose you, grandpa. You know better than to mess up with me." Romina said which caused Kevin to raise an eyebrow. How dare is Romina to speak like that to their grandfather?



"I'm too old for your threats, Romina. It's up to you if you can do what you are threatening me. Just think about what other people will say when they learn that you were never my real granddaughter after all. I was planning to keep that secret from you forever but you were very resourceful. I commend you on that." Lucas said. There was silence. Kevin knew that Romina was left speechless at that. He is, too. But for Romina, it's not everyday that someone would make her ran out of words. "But don't worry. You will still have your share of your inheritance. I will guarantee you that."



"I want this company!" Romina demanded. "I want to own this company, grandpa. You have to tell Marc and Kevin to back off. You will do that or else I will expose the truth of my father's death, or the truth about the death of your other children. People will wonder if you're still capable in handling this company. You will lose your investors. You will lose your business credibility."



Kevin heard his grandfather's chuckling sound. "Wow, Romina. You sound bolder and more demanding than ever. You can't scare me now. You can't have the company. Unfortunately, Marc is the legitimate first heir and so is Kevin. The legal documents have already been done. Don't worry. You'll still get much better than Shaira. That cousin of yours has gone insane and truly incapable of handling any of my companies."



"Maybe not, grandpa. You may not give Shaira everything but she still have more than what I will acquire. Errol Henstridge happened to be Nick's missing twin brother and the major stocks that Errol owned in this company was given to Nick. Unfortunately, Nick is gone thus, transferring all his properties to his legal beneficiary, which is Shaira." Romina said, causing a surprise turnaround for Kevin when he heard that. Nick was Errol's twin? Then he should have already known what happened to his brother. But why does Romina knew about it? Is it possible that she, and Errol, had something to do about Nick being missing? Is he with them? Is he still alive?



Kevin slowly stepped back from the door of the office as realization slowly dawned into him. Nick might still be alive and he's with Errol. There's probably a reason why he isn't showing himself to them, or to Shaira. He's probably in danger. Knowing Romina's evil side, Kevin can be sure that Nick is being held back for some reason. Something wrong is going on here. He had to talk with Shaira about this…







~~~



Nick ran his hand through his hair and sighed. He is stupid. He is looking for Shaira but yeah, he doesn't even know where. He stopped on a nearby bench and sits for a while. He took his wallet from his back pocket and looked at its contents. Since Errol gave that wallet to him, he never bothered taking a look at it. What he saw inside were a couple of a hundred dollars, two twenty dollars, a driver's license, and two credit cards under his name and nothing more. That's just about it. He was about to close it when he noticed a secret pocket beside the hundred dollar bill. He thought it was just some slight defect on the wallet but it's indeed, a secret place. He found a small photo of himself and Shaira. Behind it was a note, NC + SR, Forever.



Nick Carter and Shaira Richardson? Nick thought. So that's what probably means at the bottom of the photo he found earlier. Where's Daphne in the picture? Clearly, he didn't saw anything that relates with him and Daphne. It's been always with Shaira. He stood up. He needs to find Shaira and he needs answers now. Maybe he will go somewhere near the bookstore where he saw her, where he will be able to locate her. She's maybe the reason for his accident, when he almost died, but she also held some answers that he couldn't ask Errol.