- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER: France was able to see Nick when he happened to pass by her boutique in LA and that's when SHaira also got the chance to talk to him and learn that Errol is his fraternal twin and the one who's been taking care of him since the accident.
Meanwhile, Errol went back to California and he's looking for Nick. He learned that Nick isn't at home. What happens then? Is he going to look for his brother? What is Shaira going to do now that Nick is alive?
CHAPTER 23





Shaira shakes her head after she heard what Nick had just told them. He is in amnesia and he couldn't remember her until when Errol filled in the details about her, which are all lies. Why would Errol Henstridge have to do that? To take revenge on what her grandfather did to his grandfather many years ago? Why did he have to bring Nick in the situation, as well as her?



Everyone was looking at her, waiting for her to say something. Shaira wiped her tears as she met Nick's look. "I understand that you couldn't remember anything, Nick, but why did you have to believe him easily? That's the thing that I cannot understand about you. You just met your twin brother and yet, you believe his lies as if you've known him all your life."



"In the first place, you haven't told me the truth yet."



"What's the point, to save our marriage?" Shaira bit her lower lip. "I wanted to do it so bad, Nick. I love you very much that it almost made me insane thinking that I've lost you. I wanted you back in my life but it seems like you didn't even trust me now. You may not even believe any word I say. Would you really like to hear the truth from me now?"



Frances discreetly walked out of the stockroom to give the two the chance now to be alone and settle the dilemma. Nick stared at the woman who has been in his thoughts ever since. He's getting more confused. Errol told him things in which he easily believed but then, he wanted to believe this woman more. It was as if his heart trusted her more than anyone else. Slowly, he sits on a stool and stared at Shaira. His wife did the same and they spent the succeeding minutes just quietly staring at each other.



~~~





Kevin sighed heavily as he waited for someone to pick up the phone. He smiled when Frances picked up on the other line. "Frances, this is Kevin."



"Oh, hi. You must be a psychic." Frances said. He could hint the excitement in her voice.



"What do you mean?"



"Nick is alive and I left him alone with Shaira right now." Frances replied. Kevin nearly dropped the phone when he heard that.



"Frances, no matter what he says or do, don't let him leave. Don't let him get out of your sight, okay? This is very important. I'll try to arrange a flight to go there." Kevin stood up, the phone pressed between his ears and shoulders. He began clearing his table and keeping his laptop to its case. If he gets lucky, he's leaving the town. He needs to finish this game and save his sister and Nick from Errol, Romina, and their grandfather.





~~~





"What are we going to do now? Where do we go from here?" Shaira asked.



"I made up my mind." Nick announced. He touched his head and felt the pain again but he knew better than to show it to Shaira. There were flashes again as he closed his eyes. He's in a park, walking hand in hand with Shaira. They stopped and they kissed and he whispered his love to her. He opened his eyes and saw Shaira now kneeling in front of him. He can see the worry across her beautiful face.



"Are you alright, baby?"



Oh, God , Nick thought. "I'm having flashes in my mind and I see you, Shaira." He felt her hand enveloping his, warm and soft hands that seemed all too familiar with him. He saw the same wedding ring that he saw in his dreams. She gripped his hand tight and raised it up to gently kiss it.



"Your mind may have forgotten but your heart never will, Nick." Tears started to come down her cheeks. "What's on your mind now?"



Nick reached out to wipe her tears. "I think that it's just right that as your husband, I should stay here with you."